bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 16, 16 3:30 PM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Error Codes in Big Fish Games App
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ here.

[Post New]by retiredpa on Dec 22, 16 8:47 PM
The game will not go to full screen even though the option is checked. Do I need to re-install?? If so How do I do it??
Thanks for any help

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 3, 17 10:26 AM
Hello retiredpa,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like there is some trouble with the game not displaying in full screen even after checking the option to do so. I'm sorry this is happening and what I recommend is seeing if a few steps from our Help Pages are able to assist in this particular situation.

The first thing I recommend is seeing if changing the screen's resolution is able to help the game run in full screen. For more information on how to do that, the following page has a guide with different steps for different operating systems:

Screen Resolution

If those steps don't help out or if you'd just like some further assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE and describing what you are experiencing and what you'd like the game to do. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

At the moment, our Reps are working hard to help each player who has requested our assistance. It's taking us a bit longer than we would like to contact each player personally and individually and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to catch up.

Thanks for your time, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other forum moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Carrie3570 on Apr 28, 17 1:03 PM
I am wondering if retiredpa found a solution to the full screen problem. I am having the same issue. I tried everything I can think of. All other games go full screen, not sure what the problem is with this game.

aeris22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by aeris22 on May 5, 17 9:12 PM
The PC update file for Return to Ravenhearst is NOW having an issue with Windows 10 - the same issue that some people had in Win 7 & 8. The link you have above for screen resolution goes to a dead page. Help please.

FULL SCREEN PROBLEM SOLVED

[Post New]by Stinker72 on Jun 21, 17 12:29 AM
BEFORE I PLAY THE GAME I SET MY DESKTOP RESOLUTION TO 800x600.
WORKS GREAT. THEN I RESTORE ORIGINAL RES WHEN FINISHED.
I HAVE WIN 10 PC

[Post New]by LinnKI on Aug 9, 17 2:46 PM
I have a problem with the game.

I just bought it, and when I download it.. it downloads with a weird name: MCF_RTR_MAC etc.. and it won't open. I just get a message that it unexpectedly ended.

I have tried to reinstall it several times..
I have a mac 2016 model and have played several other games from bigfish on it.

[Post New]by teri7513 on Oct 30, 17 5:05 PM
I have already looked in the user help and could not find my problem. I am on the huge crime machine puzzle in the bonus game and on the part with the gears and the levers, my buttons to move are not showing up in the dial area, they are showing up behind the gears and I am unable to interact with them. They are interacting with the lever as far as moving up and down, but I can not complete the puzzle and I am almost 100% with all achievements. Please help if possible.

[Post New]by kevinkspring on Nov 15, 17 7:14 PM
I am having an ACCESS VIOLATION then Adobe projector stops working. This started after my Laptop updated.

I have tried everything, any ideas?

[Post New]by MosesTheFish on Nov 24, 17 3:56 PM
Updated Flash, Shockwave, and Mac OS. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it four times. Changed the display resolution. Nothing works. Game crashes immediately after startup. Any thoughts?

[Post New]by linus11770 on Nov 26, 17 5:49 PM
Stinker72 wrote:BEFORE I PLAY THE GAME I SET MY DESKTOP RESOLUTION TO 800x600.
I HAVE WIN 10 PC

I've tried that and it works. thanks !

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Nov 29, 17 6:12 PM
Stinker72 wrote:BEFORE I PLAY THE GAME I SET MY DESKTOP RESOLUTION TO 800x600.
I HAVE WIN 10 PC

When you do this how do you keep the bottom of the screen in view.

I tried it and it cuts off the entire bottom of the screen.so I can't play hidden object games or access anything else down there.

Suggestions welcome............

[Post New]by Prakhar35 on Mar 22, 18 10:23 PM
I purchased this game in an Android phone but when I open it , it only shows a black screen.

My game is not opening.

[Post New]by Prakhar35 on Mar 22, 18 10:24 PM
Prakhar35 wrote:I purchased this game in an Android phone but when I open it , it only shows a black screen.

[Post New]by ThuggieDuckie on Apr 25, 18 10:25 PM
I'm stuck in the kitchen behind the door inside the fireplace room. I have managed to find all the clues on the shelf and the last one turns to be unclickable: the thimble. Any solution? I played this game over years ago and there was no problem. I bought this game again today because the previous download disappeared from my account somehow.

Go to: