Lost magic

[Post New]by siouxzn51 on Oct 17, 16 10:07 AM
During the most recent upgrade, I lost 1500 magic points. I went from a little over 6,000 down to 4,500. Was this supposed to happen? Also, with the new version and my loss of available magic, getting to a new area (6500 magic required) is next to impossible. Is there a faster way to get amber bits? Thanks

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Lost magic

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 17, 16 10:45 AM
Hi siouxzn51,

I see that there is some concern regarding the lost of magic points after downloading the most recent update. Since it sounds like you are on the PC platform, as the in-game message stated, certain magic costs and payouts have been lowered, but this has also resulted in an increase or decrease in magic limit depending on the progression of each player. These changes have been made to balance in the game, but we can assure you that any decrease in magic doesn't change overall game play.

We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused. While the Moderation Team doesn't have the control to make changes within the game, we will continue to pass along any feedback to the Sunken Secrets team.

In regards to the new area, it is recommended to continue to upgrade buildings. This will help increase your magic limit to open the next area. With amber bits, completing deep dives will help bring these items to your inventory.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by siouxzn51 on Oct 17, 16 11:56 AM
Thank you for the prompt info. (it will still take forever!!! to get enough updates to get to 6500 magic though. :0)

mollyal
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mollyal on Oct 17, 16 12:34 PM
Don't care---you shouldn't have reduced any existing magic limits. Reduce how much magic you get for things from now on, but it's just wrong to reduce the limits we worked to get.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Oct 17, 16 12:48 PM
At the start of the new update, it said "Some magic costs and payouts are lower and you may see your magic total but not gameplay - change as a result"

I would suggest that if someone was about to have enough magic to remove the tentacle and following the update they suddenly had another thousand to get, plus in order to reach that amount, they then had to spend vast numbers of extra hours collecting thousands (literally) of amber bits, instead of using their stones, that would constitute a "change to gameplay"

Go to: