sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Collecting ghosts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Oct 17, 16 5:18 PM
Is it correct we need to use our gems to collect the ghosts?? that doesn't make sense to me!!

Re:Collecting ghosts

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 17, 16 5:21 PM
Hope this helps answer your questions:

Annelliegram wrote:As you complete the HOSs, you get the usual stuff plus one of the following:
Black Candy
Dreadful Ginger
Gummy Eyeballs
Orange Candy
Toffee Apple
^^^^^These are used by the Pumpkin Daily Quest.....

OR, instead of the above items, you may receive a Ghost Trap (this is the blue orbs we saw on Facebook) --- they are used to catch the ghosts

Also, you will notice green, blue, red "whisps" floating around some of the locations....these are the ghosts. You must have a Ghost Trap to put the ghost into....if you have none, there will be a pop-up that allows you to purchase one for 3 diamonds.

The Trick or Treaters (seen on Facebook) are on the Castle Vicinity location....you use them to swap HOS event goodies for the Ghost Traps. It takes 7 of the event items to swap for 1 Ghost Trap......you can use 7 Toffee Apples, for instance, or you can mix and match to make a total of 7.

Sooooo you have 3 (well, actually 4) ways to get the Ghost Traps....
HOS occasional dropping
Purchase for 3 diamonds
Trade "candy" for them
-------The 4th way is to gift them to a friend

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 17, 16 5:25 PM
Please read the thread located here.....

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/874576.page

The ghost collection is covered quite thoroughly in that thread....

Meanwhile....You DO need a Ghost Trap to collect each ghost.....

You can get the Ghost Trap 5 different ways:

1. You can trade candy with the Trick or Treaters on the Castle Vicinity room.....

2. You will receive a Ghost Trap sometimes when completing a HOS

3. You can purchase a Ghost Trap for 3 diamonds as one flies across the screen (if you have no Ghost Traps in inventory)

4. You can also add the Ghost Trap to your wish list item --- a friend can send one to you.....if they do not have one in inventory, it will cost them 3 diamonds to send you one (you cannot purchase one with coins)

Edited to add.....I forgot about Number 5....

5. You will sometimes receive a Ghost Trap when you finish a Pumpkin Quest. ---Thanks, sbaker2318 !!!!

Edited on 10/17/2016 at 7:28:05 PM PST

katie2050
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
421 Posts

[Post New]by katie2050 on Oct 17, 16 6:02 PM
I found that by going into the album and pressing a ghost that has not been found a ghost will appear. This may just be a coincidence but I have gotten 50 so far by doing this

segough
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by segough on Oct 17, 16 7:15 PM
What do I do with the ghosts in the album/ Why do I care about them?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 17, 16 7:17 PM
segough wrote:What do I do with the ghosts in the album/ Why do I care about them?

There are 2 achievements associated with the ghosts......

Ghost Hunter
Catch any 10 ghosts – 3 diamonds
Catch any 100 ghosts – 10 diamonds
Catch any 500 ghosts – Ghost Hunter (avatar)

Spirit Seeker
Catch 3 unique ghosts – 3 diamonds
Catch 9 unique ghosts – 10 diamonds
Catch 27 unique ghosts – Ghost Bride (avatar)

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Oct 17, 16 7:26 PM
Does anyone know which ghosts are the "unique" ghosts - for the achievement?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 17, 16 7:31 PM
datsalotta wrote:Does anyone know which ghosts are the "unique" ghosts - for the achievement?

I posted this in the "What we know about Fall... so far" thread earlier today.....Hope it helps answer your question:

On the right side of your screen....about half way between your slide out for the Friends/Tournaments/Private Room indicator and the coin/diamond bank amounts.....you will see a new icon that is your "Ghost Box" <<--- my term for lack of a better word, since when opening it, it does not say what it is.

Upon clicking on this icon....there will be 3 icons along the left side -- Green Ghosts, Red Ghosts, Blue Ghosts....

When you click on one of the icons.....there will be another page displayed showing the possibility of having 9 different types of ghosts.....they are arranged in a pattern as follows....

X X X
X X X
X X X

As you collect one of these unique ghosts, you will see the ghost displayed.....then if you get a second one of that type ghost, you will have a sub number to the lower right to indicate how many of them you have.

To get the final level of the Spirit Seeker achievement, you need to collect 1 of each of the 27 individual/different ghosts. The total number collected is added into the number needed for Ghost Hunter achievement.

Edited on 10/17/2016 at 7:32:07 PM PST

missih
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by missih on Oct 17, 16 7:50 PM
katie2050 wrote:I found that by going into the album and pressing a ghost that has not been found a ghost will appear. This may just be a coincidence but I have gotten 50 so far by doing this

What is the album and where is it found? Thanks for any info.

Missi

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Oct 17, 16 7:55 PM
Also if the DQ asks for a certain color of ghost, make sure your page is turned to that color !!!
Betslou41

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 17, 16 7:57 PM
missih wrote:

What is the album and where is it found? Thanks for any info.

Missi

After you receive the update, there will be a new icon on the far right of your screen, almost midway between your coin and diamond count and the slide out for the Friends/Tournaments/Private Room area....

Click on this icon and you will see it divided into 3 pages (icons on the left of the screen) for Red, Green, and Blue ghosts.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 17, 16 7:57 PM
Hell-o, If you have installed the new update then the ALBUM will on the right side of your screen and it is holding the GHOSTS that you catch with the BLUE ORBS

luvswatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by luvswatch on Nov 23, 16 6:38 AM
I have tons of ghosts, yet haven't received anything for them. Each ghost has been collected at least 10 times, some of them I have about 43 - etc. What is the real purpose for collecting them? Also, I have 93 energy, but have not located / received an amulet. Is there something special I should be doing?

Thank you!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Nov 23, 16 7:08 AM
luvswatch wrote:I have tons of ghosts, yet haven't received anything for them. Each ghost has been collected at least 10 times, some of them I have about 43 - etc. What is the real purpose for collecting them? Also, I have 93 energy, but have not located / received an amulet. Is there something special I should be doing?

Thank you!

You can not "do" anything with the ghosts you've caught.... They serve a purpose in fulfilling fall daily quests .... They serve a purpose in collecting them for the two achievements... and now, they serve a purpose if providing up to 20 energy balls/day....

If you are on PC, Pinfeathers should have given you you're first amulet.... I don't play on IOS or android, if you are playing on one of these devices, someone else will have to fill you in on what's going on....

If you are on PC, and you did NOT receive your first amulet from Pinfeathers, I suggest contacting customer support for help... At the bottom on each forum page... to the right... there is a section GET HELP.... after this is Customer Support, click on this link for further instructions....

luvswatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by luvswatch on Nov 23, 16 7:55 AM
I am on a PC, and correct - I did not receive an amulet. I will contact customer service and truly appreciate your response!!!

Take care!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Nov 23, 16 8:04 AM
luvswatch wrote:I am on a PC, and correct - I did not receive an amulet. I will contact customer service and truly appreciate your response!!!

Take care!

I've read a couple of other people had this same problem.... If you've not contacted customer support before, you will receive an automatic reply... you will need to reply to EVERY email they send you to hold your place in line... ( and hopefully, this will be resolved soon )

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 23, 16 8:10 AM
gohill wrote:
luvswatch wrote:I am on a PC, and correct - I did not receive an amulet. I will contact customer service and truly appreciate your response!!!

Take care!

I've read a couple of other people had this same problem.... If you've not contacted customer support before, you will receive an automatic reply... you will need to reply to EVERY email they send you to hold your place in line... ( and hopefully, this will be resolved soon )

To add a bit to what gohill has already said......be sure to provide them with your in-game ID, the platform on which you play, and screen shots to show the Amulet area or your inventory page, so they can see you have no Amulet to activate.

Go to: