Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 18, 16 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/18/2016 at 6:35:38 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 18, 16 6:36 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 18, 16 11:33 AM
Hello friends! Well, we have #3 in this series. As usual, I mostly review on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job of that than I. Graphics are fairly well done, except that occasionally the characters look as though they were superimposed onto the background. Colors have been cleaned up and are pretty clear and true. I say this because I beta tested this one way back in March, so they dug deep for this one, and it needed help. Looks like the devs paid some attention to suggestions. Even at that, the game play was very nice, no problems during the demo. Voices are well done and are age and character appropriate. I did not care for the "singing" story in the beginning, as the voice was a bit grating. Not a lot of music in this one, which is nice for a change. Very nice sound FX. Animation is well done, but not a lot of character interaction.

HOPs are quite simple and somewhat cluttered. Even at that, items are not difficult to find. We just had interactive silhouettes and lists. I don't see that you can switch to something else either. I did like that you don't constantly have a full inventory, as you use most items fairly quickly. This eliminates a lot of back-tracking. You do need to find pearls in each HOP. I noted in the Strategy Guide that most scenes show two pearls. This is misleading, as you visit each HOP twice, so you only find one pearl at a time. This one seems to have a lot more HOPs than normal as well. You have a jewel in this game that "sucks" the bad elements out and gives you occasional memories from the past. This was often confusing and sometimes included a puzzle, but didn't tell you anything. I ended up clicking around and accidentally figured it out. Very odd to me. Transport is helpful and it does transport to longer locations. Puzzles were interesting and a little different. I found that they took more time and thought than I expected, but were not difficult.

Collectibles are so simple to find. You need to find Omega symbols which are usually quite large and very easy to see. This was a little disappointing, as this game could have used a little more in this department.

I have the first two in this series and really liked them. Somehow, I don't feel this one is quite as good and definitely not challenging. Story is nothing new and moved a little slowly. This is not a bad game, but one I feel is geared more toward beginners, or someone who just wants a simple game. I sometimes do, and I have many in my collection. I just don't feel this one is CE worthy. I will put this one in my puddle and wait for the SE. I frequently get the SE when I feel a game is not CE worthy.

As always, try it for yourself. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 19, 16 1:22 AM
While a rather "ok" game, there is nothing about this that is CE worthy; it's like they were pushed into offering giant Omega signs and "thing to find during an HOS" in order to push it as a CE. I beta'd this a number of months ago and while there have been some improvements I really wish we could just get back to standard game offerings instead of the constant CE push. Sorry but I really would have preferred this as a standard offering as it would be a fairly solid game even though the story line is a bit tired, (how can anyone stop Charon's train? No more dead people?). What the heck ever became wrong with offering a decent Standard game?!

To each her/his own; try before you buy - Happy gaming!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 27, 16 3:32 PM
Good game; enjoyed playing it.

Each scene contains 1 Omega sign for you to collect and each HOs contains a Morphing Object.

There is NO capability of replaying HOs or Mini-games. I was disappointed in that.

Edited on 10/27/2016 at 3:34:09 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 6, 16 1:07 PM
I play these games not only for the game play, but for the story line. I foolishly purchased this one in hopes that it might possibly be as good as the first in the series, even though I was very disappointed in the second. It isn't. It's a silly story line, considering the canon we were given in the first game. I found difficulty with the cursor and had to use the system cursor which I don't like to do.

Direction was, IMO, very poor; the music was just annoying. I slogged through, including a bunch of puzzles that I hate (but that's just me, we all like different puzzles), until I came to the "end." Then, I went on to the bonus game, which I didn't play because I couldn't figure out who the heck I was supposed to be! I'm not our hero or heroine. I'm not Charon - as far as I know. I appear to be some random Shadowlands guy. I didn't care what happened to him, so I exited.

It's going in the trash, never to be played again. It was a huge disappointment.

Edit to say: I forgot to mention that abysmal song at the beginning of the game. I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. But, I sat through it, in case of an achievement. Awful, horrible, really bad song.

Edited on 11/06/2016 at 1:09:29 PM PST

[Post New]by Daisydee789 on Nov 11, 16 7:45 PM
I play these for the story line, too. The first couple of Haunted Train games were actually fun. This one, not so much, somehow. I liked the HOPs, but some of the mini games were confusing. Maybe I'm just confusable. Anyhow, things went swimmingly with the game until the bonus game, when I reached an insurmountable halt. I guess I'll continue to get Haunted Train at least one more time. Everyone is allowed one less than fabulous effort! Hope someone responds to my question about my bonus game problem.

Go to: