ladytex415
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

new update

[Post New]by ladytex415 on Oct 18, 16 5:39 AM
does anyone know if they have fixed the problem? I have read about all the problems concerning the new update,I have not done it yet i dont want to lose all my progress

Re:new update

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 18, 16 5:55 AM
Nothing new has been posted yet. I too am waiting before downloading. This is really a major bummer but I don't want to risk losing my game.

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Oct 18, 16 6:01 AM
Have ya'll read the sticky notes that have the date of the current update in the subject line? If not, those might help. It says they know what caused the problem but they didn't come right out & say it was fixed. It did seem to indicate the problem mostly affected games with multiple accounts.

I only have one account & didn't have any problem when I updated. Be sure & note your player ID before you update as that is key information for the ability to fix the problem if you have one.

Good luck to all!!

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Oct 18, 16 6:41 AM
Although I only play MC on one account, I'm not updating until they offer a new, corrected update. I'll just continue playing on my current account until then. Better safe than sorry. lol

Edited on 10/18/2016 at 6:48:41 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 18, 16 6:57 AM
I have three profiles/games and they are all fine....

I heard it was because of saving progress on a backup drive or thumb drive or something like that, that corrupted files/folders... I don't know, I've never saved my game progress in any way... and have never touched the game files/folders...

Since the devs/mods didn't say specifically why, we are left in the dark to ponder the mysteries of the download glitch..

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Oct 18, 16 7:09 AM
Okay, so since I set up a second game on an old laptop at my son's (that I rarely play, btw) - I'm being punished. (I haven't even gotten to the stage where I get more friends) Thank you for letting me know - so much for this game - I'll uninstall it at my son's next time I'm there - it was something to do when I had to kill time. I did not know that something like this would happen if I did that.

I spent money on my primary game, I was only level 53 or 54 - and looking forward to the Halloween event; but useless now since I'm being forced to start completely over. That is too many hours and too much money (lost my old ID - wrote it down and can't find where).

Thank you Big Fish for the memories of when you were a great source of fun and games. Unfortunately, over this past year or two you have gradually gone downhill in your customer service. I haven't used a backup drive (that I know of) for ages. The one I had got corrupted and we haven't replaced it yet. If anything is backed up - it is done without my knowledge by Dell, and I don't have access to it.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 18, 16 7:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

It is understandable the concern that the most recent issue with the latest PC update can cause. We greatly appreciate players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in the forums. Because of the avid players and forum users we have, the teams have determined the cause of the issue and are working hard to resolve it for the impacted players. It is highly recommended that since the cause has been determined, to please reach out to our Customer Support Team if you were affected by this progress lost. Please provide answers to the following questions:

1. The ID of the old game with the progress you would like to keep, if available. If the old ID is not available, as much information about that profile as possible so our Reps can retrieve that progress for you.
2. The ID of the new game that is showing.

Just in case, I'll include a help article below on how to obtain this information:

Finding Your In-Game ID

If more information is brought to the Moderation Team's attention, we will post in the following thread:

An Announcement regarding progress loss issues- October 17, 2016

We greatly appreciate player's patience as the appropriate teams continue to look into this issue for the players. Since this is regarding the known technical issue, we ask that players post in the following designated technical issues thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

Thank you for your understanding as I will go ahead and lock this thread. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: