genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

No One Likes This Game

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 26, 10 8:35 PM
I see a whole lot of people talking about levels, but no reviews, so fishies, can you tell me about this game?

I love the Heroes of Hellas games, Cradle of Rome, Cradle of Persia and my newest favorite, Fishdom.

Do I really need to try another match-3?

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 11:44:25 AM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:No One Likes This Game

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 28, 10 11:45 AM
Well, now that I've got your attention, might you give a review?

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 28, 10 11:48 AM
Lol what a sneaky fish! You know this is one I just don't love, got too difficult for me in the latter stages. Sorry not much of a review but that's all I really remember.

But yes, one ALWAYS needs another M3

pssst not to hijack but try Jewel Quest II

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 28, 10 11:59 AM
I love the game, got addicted. Have played through more than once. It's hard, but it's a darned good game.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 28, 10 12:14 PM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Lol what a sneaky fish!

kukuku (<--monstrous laugh) I resemble that remark What better way to get someone to actually read the post?

Thank you for your input, both of you. I guess just trying it wouldn't hurt...

I suppose I should change the title back now? hahahaha

smalcom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by smalcom on Mar 28, 10 12:16 PM
I Love this game! Although it is a match 3 game it has lots of variety. It is not the same old puzzle of just matching 3 there is something different about each one. I have replayed this game many many times. The puzzle does get progressively harder but if you keep at it you will finally figure out what you need to do. I am also very addicted.

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lj_brit on Mar 28, 10 12:36 PM
I bought this game when it was offered as a DD. I had never heard of it, much less played it, so I got the hour demo, liked it and for $2.99 figured it was worth the risk. It does get more and more difficult. I would build up 10 lives and lose them by about level 68. Finally I decided to look on the forums, something I'd never done before about any game. There are some really good tips in forums on how to handle those tougher levels, and with a lot of patience and re-trys I can get through them. If you do lose all your lives it doesn't send you back to day 1, but back to the country you are currently in and gives you 3 new lives. I have read that some people get 100's of lives, I have never come close and no idea how they manage it. IMHO it's a true M3 game, and it does make you think, a combination of strategy and luck. I'm not a huge lover of M3 but I probably play at least 30 minutes of this game most days, just for a break from IHOG's. I do believe it was one of the best buys I've made at $2.99.

Hope I didn't bore you to death.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 28, 10 1:15 PM
Okay okay after I get over my current obsession: Jewel Quest Solitaire II I promise I'll go back and finish this one.

GmaGale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by GmaGale on May 6, 10 8:26 PM
Love this game! I'm on Journey 82. When I first started playing, I was on Journey 10 before I started keeping my lives. Some of the screens have extra lives you can release from the board. And you get an extra life every 100,000 points. The more you play, the better you get, and you keep more lives.

[Post New]by king1940 on Jul 21, 11 6:41 AM
The trick to never lose a life is this: minimize your screen and then just before time runs out, click on the X at the top right of the screen. It will take you out of the game but you don't lose a life. I am on day 81 on my 13th journey and have 126 lives. Read the other reviews, they give you the key for each difficult level.
Are there any other games out there as interesting as this one???

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jul 21, 11 9:00 AM
nd don't forget the interesting screensaver that coms with it as well.
There are cheats that can be used if you really have trouble getting through to the end.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jul 21, 11 9:12 AM
I love, love, love this game. I've played through several times. There are levels that are very hard--but they are beatable.

I attribute many of my upgraded Match-3 skills to this game.

It *will* rewire your brain, LOL!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Aug 20, 11 8:00 PM
After going around the world, getting to about journey 9 about 6 times or more I finally got to journey 12 with 30 lives! A lot of good mental excercise for this 77yr.old Greatgrandmother! I believe this adds up to about 48 times Around The World! Love it! Even my daughter and greatgrandchildren are proud of me because I am beating them and the game. Be sure and try it. It's like competing in an athletic event., mentally, exact

Edited on 08/20/2011 at 8:14:13 PM PST

[Post New]by zoomersam on Jun 23, 12 7:23 AM
I get frustrated with this game, I get angry and want to beat the top of my desk, but I do love the game, it took me forever to get through the US and day 79 and 80, but after I saw day 81 I thought oh my. I will keep trying to get through day 81, but so far I don't understand what one person said about how to do it. This is my first match three game, usually I am 'Hidden Object' but will check more match games out.
z

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jun 23, 12 7:29 AM
I love this game. I've played through three times so far. Definitely a brain tuner-upper!

Go to: