bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mr. Puzzle

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 27, 10 12:05 AM
Solve multiple puzzles with different scenes at the same time in Mr. Puzzle. Put together gorgeous pictures in a relaxing environment. Import your own pictures and make a puzzle from whatever photograph you'd like! Change the puzzle piece shape and create a whole new experience! Jump into a revolutionary puzzle game, today!

Edited on 03/27/2010 at 10:01:06 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Mr. Puzzle

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 27, 10 12:12 AM
I loved Puzzle Mania that was a great game, so was this just another punch added to my punch card. Fun game, again thanks a whole bunch Big Fish !!!!!

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 3:27:54 AM PST

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Mar 27, 10 1:35 AM
Another of those games that I want to like, but there's just too many irritating things to really be able to enjoy the game without distraction.

For example, I DON'T CARE that Mr Puzzle will "help me finish the puzzle" when it's a certain percentage done. If I wanted freaking Mr. Puzzle to help me, I'D ASK. I don't want to see, every puzzle, the same suggestion, blocking the view of my screen and irritating me.

Yes, I'm annoyed. Puzzle makers seem to think we aren't able to wipe our noses without their constant help. I play puzzle games to play the game, not to have the computer play the game for me.

Edited on 03/27/2010 at 8:37:58 AM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Mar 27, 10 2:04 AM
gpherder wrote: I don't want to see, every puzzle, the same suggestion, blocking the view of my screen and irritating me.I play puzzle games to play the game, not to have the computer play the game for me.
I've got the same problem with some 3 match type of game.

Edited on 03/27/2010 at 10:00:07 AM PST

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Mr. Puzzle

[Post New]by Zobig on Mar 27, 10 3:33 AM
After reading the comments , I don't think I will buy the game.
Thanks for letting me know . I like the forums .

Edited on 03/27/2010 at 3:34:51 AM PST

alexcarl
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by alexcarl on Mar 27, 10 6:43 AM
I love puzzles. This is a good one.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Mar 27, 10 7:41 AM
The inability to turn off the auto-hints has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. Really, really good games like Unwell Mel, Mary Ann, Fishdom, Liong (all of which I own) and many others which I wouldn't buy becuase of this--like 1001 Nights-- drive me nuts. I've seen some ****'s that have it too. If I get distracted for a second or am having a DUH moment I don't want the game nagging me asking me if I want hints or worse yet just showing me a move or the placement of a piece.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 27, 10 9:27 AM
I just played a little more than 45 minutes of the demo on this one, and I really liked it! Here are some things I liked about it:

The fact that it comes with a wide variety and large quantity of pictures to choose from..17 pages of pictures for that matter.

That you can add your own pictures to create puzzles from...did not test this feature yet, however.

That you can choose different shapes for the pieces and some of them are different from what I've seen in other jigsaw games.

The game play of layered puzzles and that you can design your own layered puzzles within certain preset parameters....still lots of options. I thought this was very unique....at least I haven't run into it before and I've tried quite a few jigsaw games.

I think it's worth a try for those who like jigsaw puzzles.

There are a few things I didn't like. The biggest one of these was not having any space outside the puzzle area to put the pieces you weren't currently using.

And, I agree that the pop-up wanting to finish the puzzle for you could get irritating if you did a lot of puzzles at one sitting.

I don't know if it was the sun on my laptop screen or the pictures themselves, but some of the pictures seemed a tad (not much at all really) blurry or at least less crisp when you were putting the puzzle together. I will try it after the sun goes to the other side of the house to check this out.

Overall, I think it's a very good jigsaw game as it is, and if some extra space for puzzle pieces (similar to trays other jigsaw puzzles have) was added, it would be a great jigsaw game.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Mar 27, 10 10:16 AM
I like puzzles and would like to own more of them ,
but the inability to turn off the auto-hints, just irritates the %?*(
out of me.
This goes for M3 games as well.
When will developers start to listen ?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 27, 10 11:45 AM
I didn't get any popups at all on Normal. On Expert there is a tutorial if you want it option. Then on the layered puzzles there is a Mr Puzzle icon on the left bottom corner, if you click it you get help. Another icon shows or puts in the last piece for you. There are several icons at the bottom, hover over and they tell you how to use them.

I haven't found any options to change shapes like regular jig pieces, the shapes on the jigsaws so far are big and odd, more like in mini puzzles in other games.

If you select corners and edges only then there are fewer pieces to play, when border is done, click again and you get the rest. So I didn't find it much of a neg to move all the pieces to the edges and outside the frame to sort colors. Unlike Jigsaw365 where pieces get lost under other pieces or the puzzle, these show and are on the surface of the puzzle, so are visible.

I did the hour only, switched player to Expert, and got the tutorial for the layered ones. I think there was an option there to select smaller pieces, not sure if that meant smaller picture.

On all of them the original picture is a drop down from the top if you need a peek, then goes back up out of sight except bottom edge to click on.

Select background, I used white, less busy to see the pieces.

I didn't have time to explore all the pieces. I did think it strange to get hints on Expert but not on Normal. I'm on WinXP, 15in screen, beautiful clear graphics. I took it off custom cursor to normal pointer, seemed to halt and drag a bit between pages of pictures to select, and when music comes on and off, so turned off music too. Fun game if you want hours and hours of something to do, which I do listening to CSPAN in the bg, keeps me from getting bored and no irritating commercials in the wee hours I bought it, 30% off is a good deal for something new and fresh, I love putting puzzles together.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 28, 10 12:21 PM
i have jigsaw365 also and know what you mean about "lost" pieces... i really like that in this game, the puzzle pieces you're working with stay on top and visible - no more hunting... my 5-year-old niece loves to do the puzzles on 365 so i think i will get this one so she can have another game to play! maybe i will even make up a few puzzles for her myself... she loves looking at all my photo albums! so this one should keep her busy for at least... fifteen, twenty minutes... ahh, to be young again with all that energy and not wanting to be still for too long...

another plus she will be able to take advantage of is choosing her puzzle size and cut... she has problems on 365 with sliding the bar back and forth... with this game she can just click on the image she wants to work, then click on the cut she wants from a diagram, and then she's off to solving it! yes, we will definitely have fun with this one!

happy gaming

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 2, 10 3:31 AM
Good review ember89, I loved it!!! Something totally different, after a while I do like to do some puzzles with a nice cup of hot . You take care now, TMann

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Aug 6, 10 11:46 PM
Thank you fishes for all your comments...but...I don't think I will buy this puzzle. I agree that developers need to consider the consumer a bit more. I like to be able to choose if I want an auto or hint feature turned on while I play. And, when it comes to jigsaw puzzles, an area to organize your pieces is a must!

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Aug 24, 11 1:48 PM
Thank U Mr Puzzle 4 crashing my computer twice I'm like a over it

Ria

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Aug 24, 11 5:12 PM
Looks like nearly everyone hs something against this game as U can see I coudent even get passed the start of the Demo it crashed mu computrer twice I too both options Not Nice

Ria

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jun 21, 12 11:55 PM
ICANT GET ANY PUZZLE TO WORK...BIG FISH!!

Go to: