TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

New Castle Challenge

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Oct 21, 16 5:16 AM
Hi I've just switched on my ipad. There was a flashing signal saying a new task had been unlocked. I opened it and the first task was collect black candies. I started it then the changes are foot in the castle downloaded. After that the challenge disappeared. Looks like it will be coming soon and will be related to the Fall event. Hope so .

Re:New Castle Challenge

[Post New]by Silvergoddss on Oct 21, 16 5:26 AM
Same thing happened to me but on my Android. I hope it comes back. I was also wondering when the other challenge (by the birdcage) is going to take place? It's new to me lol

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Oct 21, 16 7:08 AM
Noooo!!!! A mini challenge, yes; but a CC as the same time as I'm trying to accomplish the seasonal -- so noooo!!!! Utterly, not.

Frankly, I'm plain sick and tired of CC's. They push them too close together and I do not like to feel rushed and pressured.

Especially when they're dependent on luck.

[Post New]by GoMinnesotaWild on Oct 21, 16 11:44 AM
Just looked at the Midnight Castle Facebook Page (do not need a Facebook account to look at) and there are references to a "castle challenge" of some kind. It looks like something was released sooner than it was supposed to so they had to retract it. Darcie hints that something will be coming soon though.

I only mention it as a "heads up" for those who are interested and want to prepare just in case; and let people form their own ideas after reading through the comments themselves as to what might happen in the future. Nothing definite yet - it could end up being nothing/changed, who knows.

Hopefully if an event were to occur, it would wait until people have had a chance to get their games back/restored and to enjoy the Fall Event first for a while.

Anyway, good luck to everyone during the Fall Event and enjoy the season. Thank You to all of you in the forum who make this a fun and most interesting experience

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Oct 21, 16 12:23 PM
Darcie has replied to a few different people on FB with this

"There was a bit of a hiccup that caused the Castle Challenge to appear before it was supposed to. Don't worry though! It should be back soon! ~ Darcie"

So watch out at the start of the new day 12.00GMT

I for one will not be thrilled.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 21, 16 12:30 PM
A Castle Challenge????? ----- Just what we DON'T need!

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Oct 21, 16 12:58 PM
They could at least wait till this event is half over

Tibtt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Tibtt on Oct 21, 16 1:01 PM
A Castle Challenge - no, thank you for at least a 1 month - give us a moment to explore Fall event!

But Mini Challenge (Global challenge) especially when the reward would be ghost traps - I'm totally for it!

Happy ghost hunting!

Tibora

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on Oct 21, 16 1:52 PM
Take a deep breath everyone! For all we know it would be 100% connected to the fall event, and as such, make it more motivating for us old timers to actually play it. I must confess that I find chasing pumpkins and ghosts not as exciting this year.

Keeping my fingers crossed it's something interesting

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Oct 21, 16 2:07 PM
Since a castle challenge will be coming soon, I wonder if there will also be a mini-event...

clm2828
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by clm2828 on Oct 21, 16 2:23 PM
What exactly does capturing the ghosts get you? I know what the pumpkins are for but the Ghosts?

TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Oct 21, 16 2:36 PM
When the quest appeared the first one was find 8 black candies. I did not look any further. It could be that the quests can be done within the Fall gameplay, with any luck.
I saw it on ipad.
Tickled Trout

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Oct 23, 16 11:12 AM
I looked at them. They're all fall event things for the most part with notable exception. 2nd day is send airships. Heck with that. Unless empty ones count which I doubt. I got the black candies just in the course of things. But I'm not even sending any danged airship. No. Check back with me after the Christmas event, quite frankly. Maybe I'll do one then. Heck one is 14 trades with trick or treaters. That's 98 candies. I don't think so.

On being old timers, there's new things this year that are fun. The ghosts and the trick or treaters. I do appreciate that there's a sign telling me just how much time I've got left to accomplish. I really appreciate that and hope they also add it for all the seasonal events from now on. I'll know to start spending diamonds on traps if I get down to the last few days and don't have 500 ghosties. They are so cute.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Oct 23, 16 11:25 AM
I'm also vetoing the new cc.

Not prepared to send two full airships just for the heck of it and I can see that it also need 3 gold chests.

At level 74 I have found when feeding pets, just cause I can, it only gives out wooden chests.

Not worth the waste of good pet food and my dog Daisy completely agrees!

Edited on 10/23/2016 at 11:25:55 AM PST

Pnbmc
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Pnbmc on Oct 23, 16 11:44 AM
Tibet,

Great idea with a mini event with globes as the ultimate rewards and this year's quest (and pet crafting) items as the personal challenges!!!!!!!!

I'm in Devs.

Have fun storming the castle and trapping ghosts! Boo!

Go to: