begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Can someone explain the appeal ...

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 21, 16 4:00 PM
of cheating at this game? OK, I understand why someone might be tempted to cheat in the tournament if they had no regard for other players, because you win diamonds which are worth actual money. But why would someone hack to get pets or avatars they hadn't earned? What is the satisfaction in that?

The whole appeal of achievements is that they are tokens of your ACHIEVEMENT, that you worked to earn them. They give you no other benefits. So why would someone, who hypothetically might not be entirely honest in their tournament dealings, show up with the third-level of the fall pet achievement avatar on the second day of the event? Unless this person completed a minimum of 120 Jack quests in those two days, they didn't "earn" the avatar -- so what is the fun or satisfaction of hacking it and using it? Or why would somebody have the elephant in their room about a month after the daily bonus achievement was introduced, when it was literally impossible to earn? Is it supposed to impress other players?

I get that in any competitive situation, some people will cheat. But in this case where you are only competing against yourself to earn these rewards, how is this supposed to be fun? Why would you bother?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:Can someone explain the appeal ...

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 21, 16 4:11 PM
Well, I don't necessarily think anyone cheated to get the 3rd level of the pet achievements......

All that was necessary was to craft 4 additional pets if you already had the 5 from last year.

Funny Wisp ----
2000 coin
30 Swamp Spark
30 Cornucopia
10 Unique Stamps
30 Pumpkins

Grim Eagle Owl
1500 coin
30 Bird Claw
20 Pet Medallions
10 Pumpkins
20 Unusual Stamps

Pensive Spider
500 coin
30 Spider Mark
20 Pet Medallions
10 Pumpkin
10 Rare Stamps

Wise Toad
1000 coin
30 Toad Stone
20 Pet Medallions
10 Pumpkin
20 Plain Stamps

I have over 7,000,000 coin ---- the coin for all of these is not an issue
I have 977 Pet Medallions ---- - have all of those
I have 806 Pumpkins --- -- have all of those
I have over 1000 of each stamp --- -- have all of those

The only issue is the Swamp Spark, Bird Claw, Spider Mark, and Toad Stone....you need 30 of each of those and I have none......But I can purchase the 30 necessary by using 10 diamonds each.......300 diamonds to purchase 30 of each ....... 1200 diamonds necessary to purchase all 4 total amounts....

I have well over 1200 diamonds ....... <----If that is the way I want to spend the diamonds, then, I, too, could have bought my way into 4 new pets.

I choose to do the daily quests and not use the diamonds in that manner......but I could easily have had all the pets within minutes of the Fall event being issued.

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 21, 16 4:17 PM
You know what, I missed that you can buy the pet components instead of getting them through the quests! My bad. OK, in that case you're absolutely right. It would be quite easy to do them all in a few minutes.

Edited on 10/21/2016 at 4:18:05 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 21, 16 4:45 PM

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 21, 16 4:52 PM
And either way, it's no skin off my personal nose if people hack into pets and avatars for themselves. I just have no idea why you'd want to.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Oct 21, 16 5:30 PM
I plan to use diamonds if it comes down to the last day and I'm still short on any of the supplies. I also have over 1200. But for me, the fun is in the playing, so until then, I'm slogging through the HOS and collecting candy, ghost traps, & ghosts.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 22, 16 1:12 AM
I think most of us will also be gifting out pet components once we've made the pet, so they should be easy to get by the end of the event. I'm busy sending last year's supplies to people who weren't playing then -- I don't need any more pilgrim hats and candle ends, I'm happy to send them to good homes!

Go to: