Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Red Cat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 22, 16 1:46 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/22/2016 at 7:56:12 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Red Cat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 22, 16 7:55 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Red Cat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by j62janet on Oct 22, 16 8:25 AM
I use Windows 8.1 and I'm finding the game takes ages to load, when it does it plays OK, but it's taking along time, is anyone else finding this?

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Oct 22, 16 2:34 PM
i STILL cannot get this game to display the navigation bars/buttons fully ... i can see only half the play/options, etc buttons on the right and cannot access the memory item on the left ... i have tried to change the size of my display and it remains inaccessible ... this game only works when i deselect FULL SCREEN ... too small to play ... any answers??? ... windows 10

[Post New]by tmcc96 on Oct 22, 16 7:35 PM
Is anyone having problems with the game freezing up?? I've wasted 25 minutes of the demo time by closing game out and re-opening it....very frustrating.

Using Windows 10 by the way

After the third time trying to play the game (updated everything, uninstalled, re-installed game), I gave up trying to play the demo....figured if I'm having this hard of
a time playing the demo, I would be totally aggravated with the full version...and it seemed to be a bit different than the other "Grim Facade" games....would have loved to get it but I'm not willing to struggle with playing a game...

Edited on 10/22/2016 at 8:40:01 PM PST

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Oct 23, 16 3:14 AM
I have the first 5 games and had no trouble with them. Never got no.6 to play on either laptop. Tried this one on both again. No luck. Eventually I got it to run on Win10 64bit anniversary upgradeOS by 'taking ownership' of the exe. file in program files and running from there. Also I unload my anti virus program now when I download from BFG. I am beginning to think Win10 is the culprit because I have the odd failure with installing and running games which I never had before. I always try the trial now too just to make sure the games will run and play OK. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Rielthing on Oct 23, 16 4:17 AM
Once I've downloaded the trial version and hit play, the game gives me an access error message and won't come up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing works. I too am using Windows 10, which I regret upgrading to because it seems more of downgrade. Does this game need updates or will it just not play in Windows 10?

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 23, 16 9:30 AM
I have WIN 10 anniv issue. on a desktop PC.

The problem that I ran into was that I left the game up on my PC when I went to do something else. I was gone for maybe 10-15 minutes. When I got back to my PC, the screen was a dark grey color and all I could hear was the game's music.

I tried moving my mouse, clicking on the mouse, depressing the enter-key, CAD four times, and pressing the "OFF" button on my PC two times.........NOTHING worked to get me out of the game. I finally had to "DISCONNECT" the plug from the electric wall socket. (Hard crash the PC.......I don't like to do that, but that was the ONLY way I could END the game.)

Other than that situation, I didn't have any problems playing the game, as long as when I left the PC, I "closed" the game.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 23, 16 11:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to report your experiences with this game here. I'm sorry that there seems to be some trouble with the game and I hope that I can provide some preliminary troubleshooting steps to try out as well as how to get in touch with our Support Team if that doesn't seem to help.

It sounds like most players are having trouble with the game starting, so I'd like to offer the following page which has helped players in the past when this sort of issue has occurred:

Run Game as Administrator

If you are seeing issues while using Windows 10, the following page may be able to help:

Windows 10

If the game is still unable to be played after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is able to help out,

bfgIlinalta

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Oct 24, 16 2:07 AM
Cannot pick up saw blade in bonus chapter. Tried reinstalling - still have same issue. I am able to pick up the saw, but that's all. Running Windows 10. HELP.

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Oct 24, 16 9:04 AM
Good day to all you Techie Fishies! I would like to know if anyone else has a REALLY long wait time to get any EARS game to appear in on your screen when the game starts up. This is the only developer that I have this issue. It's the only issue I have. I'm not complaining just wondering. Thanks for your help and your time.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Oct 24, 16 3:53 PM
Bar80 wrote:Cannot pick up saw blade in bonus chapter. Tried reinstalling - still have same issue. I am able to pick up the saw, but that's all. Running Windows 10. HELP.

Same issue - playing on Mac OS Sierra. Most bummed as I bought the CE!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 25, 16 2:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post here. It sounds like there are two issues being discussed recently. One is that the game seems to be having trouble with the saw blade in the bonus chapter and the second is the game taking a while to load.

For the item that isn't able to be used as expected and for the game slowly loading, if you are using a Windows PC, the following steps have been able to assist with issues when an item is unable to be used properly as well as help with some game's load times:

If using a Mac computer, the following steps may be able to help resolve the saw blade not being available to be used after being picked up:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on emerging issues and report that data to the right team, can provide troubleshooting support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this was able to help out.

bfgIlinalta

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Oct 25, 16 2:50 PM
Not meaning to sound like an idiot, but where are the steps to fix the saw blade in bonus chapter? Am I missing something?

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Oct 25, 16 4:25 PM
Windows 10 - the demo played perfectly. I bought the game and it just keeps crashing. The cursor is sluggish, the scenes take ages to appear. When I hear crackling sounds that is my cue to exit as quickly as possible, otherwise I cant close the game down.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 25, 16 5:01 PM
Hello again,

I wanted to drop by and clarify steps previously provided for the saw blade being unusable in the bonus chapter as well as provide some assistance for a crashing issue that has been reported. Thank you all for your patience while waiting for a response.

Bar80, sometimes, running the affected game as an Administrator can help with items that are unable to be used as expected. While these steps may not clear up the issue, they can help determine whether the issue is due to a lack of permissions or whether further assistance is necessary. So, if you haven't already, try the following page's steps and then try to play the game and interact with the saw blade to see if these steps are able to quickly help out in this situation:

Scottie12, it sounds like the game is crashing on Windows 10. I'm sorry for that and would like to provide some other preliminary steps to try that may be able to help out:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't seem to help with the crashing, there are some extra steps for Windows 10 computers in the page below which could assist:

Windows 10

Unfortunately, the forums are not a great place to continue troubleshooting issues beyond the first preliminary steps we have available in the Help Pages. For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have tools available to further troubleshoot issues and are always happy to help out.

Thank you all for your time, and I hope this was helpful.

bfgIlinalta

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Oct 26, 16 2:25 PM
I reinstalled the game and took the saw blade FIRST then took the saw. That seemed to work and I was able to finish the bonus chapter.

[Post New]by XCalburLdy on Oct 30, 16 11:46 PM
I cannot get the saw blade in the bonus chapter... I tried running as administrator and no luck? Anyone else have this problem????

[Post New]by Miasette on Nov 3, 16 8:07 AM
I am using Windows 10.

I purchased the Collector's Edition. I have finished the game but do not have the Bonus Chapter. It's not even listed any where that I can see. I've clicked every button on the screen looking for it.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 3, 16 9:41 AM
Miasette wrote:I am using Windows 10.

I purchased the Collector's Edition. I have finished the game but do not have the Bonus Chapter. It's not even listed any where that I can see. I've clicked every button on the screen looking for it.

@Miasette
The bonus chapter should be in the extras menu.
My extras menu looks like this-

|___Movies_____|
|______________|
|_Screen savers_|
|______________|
|___Concept Art__|
|______________|

It doesn't actually say BONUS CHAPTER anywhere, The button that just says PLAY, at the top is what you want to click on.
Do you see something different in your extras menu?

Go to: