bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Mac version for Awakening: The Dreamless Castle now available!

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 27, 10 8:53 AM
The Mac version of Awakening: The Dreamless Castle is here!

If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Awakening: The Dreamless Castle players.

If you need technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend checking out our Mac Game Errors help article.

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 06/15/2011 at 3:39:36 AM PST

Re:Mac version for Awakening: The Dreamless Castle now available!

[Post New]by sajeanp on Mar 27, 10 4:49 PM
This is a technical issue with the Mac version of Awakening.

I just downloaded and installed on my Mac Intel PowerBook and notice that there are several game images that seem to be missing (and so they show up as large white boxes instead). There is one in the initial spash screen (probably the BFG logo), there is one while the game is loading (probably the progress indicator), there is one the menu options pop-up (the background) and there is one in the in-game menu where the journal should be.

Since I am using the demo version, I only know of these four image problems early in the game. There well could be others elsewhere. For now, the lack of these images does not impede gameplay but I cannot tell if there are similar more serious problems farther into the game.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled but am getting the same results. Please explain how to resolve this, or notify everyone when a fix is available.

[Post New]by paigemhughes on Mar 30, 10 3:23 PM
My Mac version crashes when I try to launch the game. I have checked all of the system requirements and my computer meets them all.

Suggestions and assistance would be appreciated.

Paige

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Apr 2, 10 7:47 AM
Mine crashes while loading too. I've never had a problem with other BF Mac games.

[Post New]by judyoutlaw on Apr 3, 10 9:39 AM
My Mac can't do this game, either, and I've never had a problem before. It's the one game I bought without testing first, too. Sure wish I had tried it out. The opening screen doesn't show the moving timer bar, and every single game is messed up. I can do the finding objects part, but all the games are brightly lit and see-through, so I can't tell what the look like.

I'm seeing other people are having trouble as well...does the game work on anyone's mac?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 3, 10 9:48 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble playing your game. You may want to check your system preferences to see if you have any new updates from Apple, Flash, Shockwave or Quicktime. I would also suggest checking out the Mac help article that is listed above.

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by judyoutlaw on Apr 3, 10 11:38 AM
I just re-downloaded the game and tried to start over after making sure I'd loaded up all the available software updates. No go...it starts off with the progress bar on the first screen being gibberish, and all the games are impossible to see. There's definitely something wrong with the game itself.

[Post New]by WiseMinerva on Apr 11, 10 11:26 AM
I bought this game this afternoon after enjoying the trial.

It is now crashing at the griffin in Chapter 8. Initially I was able to get the things from the pot and use them. I had caught the butterfly fly key, and had the birdcage in my inventory. Then the game crashed. And my mac, which is a pretty rare event.

After restarting my mac I relaunched the game. I no longer had the new items in my inventory and every time I tried to click on the griffin to get them the game crashed. There was nothing else running at the time.

Help!

[Post New]by outtasite on Jan 2, 11 11:58 AM
I purchased this game, too and just finished it. While I absolutely loved the game (and anything else in this genre of adventure/hidden object) I also had the white box issue. It appeared in the trial version and my purchased version. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to play and/or it distracted me. But I enjoyed the game so much I eventually ignored it and the game played fine. Now that I'm done, I'll be sure I have the newest flash updates and hope the box will disappear since this is a game I'll play again. Anyone have any recommendations for games like this? I like the dream chronicles series, too.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 15, 11 7:16 AM
Hi outtasite,

Welcome to the pond!

This game has a sequel called Awakening: Moonfell Wood.

Be sure to check it out if you enjoyed the Dreamless Castle

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: