Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 27, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/27/2016 at 7:00:21 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 27, 16 7:00 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pbowen123 on Oct 27, 16 10:30 AM
BORING! I was bored before the opening credits were done. Game is to slow. I don't think I even played 5 minutes before I quit. I want to interact with game, not keep watching the a video action. Maybe it gets better, but not even interested in waiting to find out.

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Oct 27, 16 12:21 PM
Can a game move any slower? Drawn out cut scenes, obvious comments (you have a card), slowww interactions, long pauses between anything said or done.
I had the same complaints about the Beta. No improvement. Bye bye.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 27, 16 1:24 PM
Hello friends! Well, we have #6 in this series. As usual, I review mostly on the game play and not the story line. I leave that up to those who do a much better job than I. This addition has excellent graphics, very clear and sharp. Animation is superb in every body movement and facial expression. Voices are extremely well done, age and character appropriate, with all the emotions included. Sound FX are very well done and heard throughout the game play. You have just the right amount of sound and music when something is about to happen. Far more sound FX than music in this one. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo and the scenes fit my large screen quite nicely.

HOPs are different and nicely done, but are very few and far between. Scenes are clear and items are not difficult to find. There isn't another game that you can choose, if you do not wish to play the HOPs. There is so much action in this one that you don't even think about missing them. Be on the lookout for morphing items in the HOPs. I have not found it difficult to find them, but they morph slowly, so it's easy to miss them. Puzzles, lots of puzzles...different, fun, challenging in that they take time and thought to complete, not because they are all that difficult. Very well done. Hint system is helpful, but it does not transport to longer locations. You do back track quite a lot in this game, but you have a jump map that is fairly clear and easy to use.

Collectibles are very few. You need to find 29 paw prints in each scene. They are not difficult to see, but you do have to look for them. They don't just jump off the screen at you. You also collect fate cards that give you powers to help you along the way, and eventually help to defeat the beast.

This addition is very well done. I do not give 5 stars easily. A game has to be exceptional throughout to get those. As much as I like this game, it had a couple thing that took down the star count...the "new clue" notice popping up all the time was extremely annoying. I know I got a clue, it was added to my book! I did not care for the split screen...too much "stuff" on the screen at once. A bit of a lag between scenes. Other than that, an excellent game. The story is different and kept me interested and moving the entire time. When I beta tested this one a few months ago, I gave it a 4.5. Still there today. I believe all levels of players will find this one fun, with just the right amount of challenge. Yes, I am adding this one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Oct 27, 16 2:01 PM
For once there is a game on this site I am enjoying. Right up my alley. Bring out more games of this caliber.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 27, 16 8:16 PM
Storyline was a bit odd. You are invited to play a game to try and rescue your missing love, yet the rest of the players are playing for greed and other seemingly selfish reasons. There were more puzzles than HOPs, and too much dialogue and cut scenes. Might consider the SE, but it's not CE worthy.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

A LANDMARK IN HOPA GAMING

[Post New]by kandinsky on Oct 28, 16 3:22 PM
I think this is a landmark in the history of these games
and that anyone interested in the development of the
genre really ought to play it.
This does not mean everyone will like it.
I do...I pretty much loved it... but that is because I am a
plot and character(and setting) driven player , much more
than a puzzle or HOG and far more than a collectible
driven player.

The puzzles and so on hold the innovative ground that
mad head took a couple of years ago but it is in the area
of plot that there is a real first.

Play it and see.

If you play a lot of these games you know that most of them
blend in the mind after a short while and that many of them
while more or less fun are like playing solitaire to pass the
time, a kind of comfort food of the mind.

I play them for that reason too sometimes but ...
this is something else.

Creative as the mad hat team is I am not sure I would have
handled the endings either of main game or of bonus
exactly as they did . Not a big let down but just the reminder
that an ending of a game is a delicate area just like the edge
of a painting or the cropping of a photograph. we risks to
miss something or change an emphasis or leave an
awkwardness etc.

well this is about what I have
I hope developers will continue to find it profitable and possible
to devote the imagination and attention that went into this game
into at least some of their games

I hope you who would enjoy it will play it through.

one reviewer at the sale site whose reviews I typically enjoy for
a gift of irony and wit, played just the demo and concluded that
a plot twist was so out of line with expectation and beyond
comprehension that she would not recommend the game

should she be reading this thanks for all the good reading
but I do think this time you missed one.

but dont YOU miss it!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Oct 28, 16 6:22 PM
Loved it! Hada find out what was gonna happen! I think Devs made a good choice! I'm surprised ones didn't like it! But different strokes. A lot of variety different HO scenes.
Mad Head keep em coming for me! You put Epix to shame!
Im not a beginner been playing BF for 8yrs. Just don't leave feedback. Not trying to offend! But a good game!

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Oct 29, 16 3:05 PM
Way too slow for me. It's a beautiful game and story line seemed interesting. But the frequent cut scene and loading of characters is takes way to long. May get better, But I was only able to play less than 10min. No buy even in the SE for me.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 30, 16 12:31 AM
Well this was a rather different story, which I found appealing so I purchased. What does not become appealing is the game play. It's just ok; lots of "find this to fix that" (oh, and there's even a missing zipper pull, fantastic; the universe must be full of lost socks and zipper pulls) which is all fine for a casual game, really it is, I just felt like this could have been better. It was also rather short at a little over 3 hours for the main game (I play on Custom with very little help at all) which was also disappointing. I dunno - this really is a try for yourselves fellow Pond Dwellers.

Happy Halloween!!

Please post your REVIEWS for Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by joia2003 on Nov 1, 16 10:24 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for your reviews.

please where's the paw in the ultimate hop ?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

uglyteacup
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Well said.

[Post New]by uglyteacup on Nov 4, 16 9:48 PM
kandinsky wrote:I think this is a landmark in the history of these games
and that anyone interested in the development of the
genre really ought to play it.
This does not mean everyone will like it.
I do...I pretty much loved it... but that is because I am a
plot and character(and setting) driven player , much more
than a puzzle or HOG and far more than a collectible
driven player.

The puzzles and so on hold the innovative ground that
mad head took a couple of years ago but it is in the area
of plot that there is a real first.

Play it and see.

If you play a lot of these games you know that most of them
blend in the mind after a short while and that many of them
while more or less fun are like playing solitaire to pass the
time, a kind of comfort food of the mind.

I play them for that reason too sometimes but ...
this is something else.

Creative as the mad hat team is I am not sure I would have
handled the endings either of main game or of bonus
exactly as they did . Not a big let down but just the reminder
that an ending of a game is a delicate area just like the edge
of a painting or the cropping of a photograph. we risks to
miss something or change an emphasis or leave an
awkwardness etc.

well this is about what I have
I hope developers will continue to find it profitable and possible
to devote the imagination and attention that went into this game
into at least some of their games

I hope you who would enjoy it will play it through.

one reviewer at the sale site whose reviews I typically enjoy for
a gift of irony and wit, played just the demo and concluded that
a plot twist was so out of line with expectation and beyond
comprehension that she would not recommend the game

should she be reading this thanks for all the good reading
but I do think this time you missed one.

but dont YOU miss it!

Well said.

super slow!!!

[Post New]by SophieRoxy100 on Nov 7, 16 8:13 AM
Game is so slow. too much talk. Want my credits back! Game will not save. Contacted TECH with no help!

[Post New]by kityspit on Nov 22, 16 4:35 PM
beautiful graphics but sooooo slooowww with the story, and the infrequency of the skip button is annoying. to play the game, you're forced to read page after page with no SKIP in sight. the puzzles themselves were pretty basic, with one or two i hadn't seen before. i played the demo only. no buy for me

[Post New]by SophieRoxy100 on Jan 16, 17 1:05 PM

well finished game after being mad at it for a few months. (wouldn't save) Actually enjoyed it. Had to play as administrator cause games wont save on windows 10 version. That helped my frustration level a lot. However, finished game and wanted to play bonus game, kicked me off and said I have to finish game. Gonna stop buying collector series. Great sound, graphics, story line pretty good. Still slow between scenes and reaction time seems redundant with "new card" direction slow to react. I recommend.

Go to: