bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Island: The Lost Medallion technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 28, 10 3:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Post any Island: The Lost Medallion technical issues here only

[Post New]by solarsarah on Mar 28, 10 5:23 AM
I am receiving an "Error Access Violation at 0x0248EFAE" when trying to launch in a Windows Vista environment.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 28, 10 6:08 AM
I had a few problems, I too have Windows Vista. Error Violation would come out on some of the games. I went and downloaded this game for you, to check and see if anything would come up, just to let you know everything worked fine. Not that I am keeping the game- just wanted to see if I could help you out. The only thing I can recommend is reaching Customer Service, they are very helpful. A person by the name of Greg in Seattle, has helped me in the past, he helped me install Dr. Felix. He was very nice and work through the steps with me. Knock on wood no problems with any of my games, everything seems to be working fine now. Good Luck.... TMann

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 6:09:53 AM PST

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Mar 28, 10 6:40 AM
TerryMann wrote:I had a few problems, I too have Windows Vista. Error Violation would come out on some of the games. I went and downloaded this game for you, to check and see if anything would come up, just to let you know everything worked fine. Not that I am keeping the game- just wanted to see if I could help you out. The only thing I can recommend is reaching Customer Service, they are very helpful. A person by the name of Greg in Seattle, has helped me in the past, he helped me install Dr. Felix. He was very nice and work through the steps with me. Knock on wood no problems with any of my games, everything seems to be working fine now. Good Luck.... TMann

Thanks TMann! I downloaded and successfully installed on my laptop in a Windows 7 environment. I will investigate the error violation further.

It is a very beautiful game!

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Mar 28, 10 7:00 AM
I also had problems. When I went to purchase it and install. It crashed.
I did contact tech. sup.
After waiting awhile, I tried it again and everything is working fine. Don't know what happened

[Post New]by imogenie1019 on Mar 28, 10 8:33 AM
I have Win Vista also and keep on getting violation error but a different number. I have uploaded the game twice and it still didn't work. Will try one more time then go to help pages.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Mar 28, 10 9:19 AM
Awwwww, this looks like such a good game....but it took forever to load (kept saying loading on the screen for about 4 minutes) and there is no option to disable the cursor, which I found was sooooo sluggish that the game was almost painful to play..... .........is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks for all your hard work to put out such great games, BFG..... ....

Const_happy
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Const_happy on Mar 28, 10 9:31 AM
Pickles77 wrote:Awwwww, this looks like such a good game....but it took forever to load (kept saying loading on the screen for about 4 minutes) and there is no option to disable the cursor, which I found was sooooo sluggish that the game was almost painful to play..... .........is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks for all your hard work to put out such great games, BFG..... ....

Unfortunately custom cursor can't be disabled but it has nothing to do with slow game operating. What system configuration do you have?
The only advice I have is to close all other programs on your computer and try to launch the game on more time.
Hope you'll see the difference

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Mar 28, 10 10:38 AM
Hi all, I cant even download the game. have tried three times with nothing happening. kind of puts me off. might restart computer and try once more.

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Mar 28, 10 10:55 AM
I get the same error message as solarsarah. I have Windows 7 and have been downloading with no problem for months. Have no problems with any other game. I know it isn't my computer and don't plan to change anything for 1 game. Hate that.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Mar 28, 10 11:02 AM
I also have Vista and having the same problems,but couldnt be bothered wasting time trying to sort it out. Onward!

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 11:11:38 AM PST

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Mar 28, 10 11:36 AM
I have a week old computer with Windows 7....having alot of problems getting games from BF to work. I downloaded the game, played for about 35 mins, decided to buy it. Close the game (before buying it) and it crashed my computer...blue screen and error messages and windows shut down.

Started up again and clicked on the game ...windows won't even load it...getting two error boxes one that says it stopped working and windows is collecting info and the second box actually name some files that "help describe the problem" microsoft wants sent to them.

And I have talked to tech support-Dell -tells me my system is absolutely for game playing and here at BF- while they are very nice they don't know what's wrong either.

Needless to say another game from BF that I can't buy.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 28, 10 12:15 PM
Hey Fishies,

Access Violations can sometimes occur if you have an anti-virus live scan going on while your game is playing, or for a number of other reasons. We have a help article that describes a couple things you can do to see if it will resolve that Access Violation

Just click >>here<< to learn more about Access Violations and what you can do to troubleshoot.

As always, if the above help article doesn't help, you can always shoot an email over to tech support or hop in to Live Chat. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat through your "My Game Club" page

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Mar 28, 10 12:18 PM
Screen freezes - if you go out like to Options or Help and come back the Menu is gone and have to reboot. Screen will go black in middle of session and you have to start that section all over. Have never had these problems with BF before - and two games in two days - bummer.

[Post New]by PastaKitty on Mar 28, 10 12:19 PM
Game won't load. Can't get passed the spinning circles at loading. I am running it on XP with an older video card. Most games work, but lately I am running into difficulty. Same problem with Shutter Island. Never got to play that one. Alice in Wonderland loaded and worked until basement scene.

If you can't play the free trial, you are not going to buy full version.

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 12:21:01 PM PST

ccraig41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ccraig41 on Mar 28, 10 12:19 PM
Downloaded the trial and began the game ..seemed like it might be good. Then the very first mini game I came to I couldn't see anything. All but a few pixels were completely black. Skipped that game (which I never do) moved on. Every mini game
I came across in the demo had the exact same thing. Completely black. Makes it kinda hard to play them (duh!) and they are half the fun. Too bad This might have been good. Now I'll never know.

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Mar 28, 10 1:10 PM
After reading Poodlebears reviews I bought the game anyway and it downloaded fine and after 5 minutes it just confirms poodlebears reviews. Great game beautiful so dont give up. Its worth it!!!

[Post New]by xenogamer55 on Mar 28, 10 1:48 PM
I played about 10 minutes of the demo and my gaming laptop shut down. I waited a bit, tried again and Windows and everything else loaded fine. I tried the game again and the computer shut down again! So I tried a couple of other games and they worked just fine. Pity, it looks like a good game but I can't risk damaging my precious life giving computer to a $7.00 game.

Anyone else have this happen? This is the first time in 2 1/2 years of membership that I have had trouble with a game from BF. I'm constantly reading about people with problems but I have sailed through. Maybe my number has come up!

BTW I am running Vista Home Premium.

I hope those who are able to play the game enjoy it, I'll just have to wait for something else.

ManuelCalavera
Shark
Shark
12,542 Posts

[Post New]by ManuelCalavera on Mar 28, 10 2:06 PM
I am also having access violation errors trying to start the game in Vista. The only other game I ever experienced this with was Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders, which I never was able to demo.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 28, 10 3:14 PM
It loaded and the demo played for me. I couldn't even load the game in beta, so evidently they did fix some issues. But this is happening altogether too much here lately, on way too many games. I am NOT having these problems with games from other sites. BFG needs to get it together.

Go to: