bigblue64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

I'm stuck

[Post New]by bigblue64 on Oct 28, 16 8:59 PM
I can't seem to figure out what to do with the inventory items I currently have. I have 2 halves of a heart, 1 tile for the second balcony puzzle, the key ring, a lamp but no tiles, 1 of 2 people for the books, and 1 of 2 gas cans. When I use the hint button, it tells me to check my inventory. I checked the SG but haven't been able to figure out what to do. Maybe it's obvious and I haven't gotten the clue, but any help would be appreciated.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:I'm stuck

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 28, 16 11:23 PM
I don't know exactly where you have got so it is hard to tell what you need to do. When looking at the strategy guide, it writes about having both heart parts well after it writes about getting the second jerry can and doing the puzzle that comes when you place them both. As you can quite obviously do a lot of things to progress in the gameplay that are not necessarily in order with the strategy guide, it makes it a little harder for me to read through and know what you definitely have and haven't done as its all out of order.

Since the only items you have, that don't need something added to them in order to work are the heart halves, and the strategy guide uses them after the jerry can puzzle game, I can only assume that you have missed picking something up or playing a game that will give you extra inventory items.
As for the heart halves themselves, they go on the necklace around Elizabeth's neck (she is the dead lady in the kitchen island). if you haven't yet managed to open the island, then again you must have missed picking something up that allows you to do this. You open it by playing a mini game that is initiated when you clear the glass in the picture frame on top of the island, with a shawl. The shawl is in the stack of barrels in the basement, in the end barrel, that needs a code to open.

Again if you haven't done this then it is hard for me to determine exactly what you have done and I may need a little more info to help.

For the jerry cans, which are found earlier in gameplay, in the strategy guide, one is in the bottom left barrel in the stack (by placing a wooden lighter) and the other is in front of the pile of junk that has collapsed from the shelving unit, blocking the door of the walk in freezer, in the same room as the barrel stack.
Zoom in on the junk pile and you pick up the jerry can and the glutton figure.

That's all I can say at the mo to help. If this isn't useful then perhaps you could get back to us fishies with a bit more info about where you are in gameplay so atht we can try and help. i.e. what was the last thing you did, what rooms can you access, what minigames and other places can you not yet access, e.g. locked doors or cabinets.

Good luck and don't hesitate to get back to us if needed

[Post New]by Puligold on Oct 29, 16 11:34 AM
I am having the same problem, apparently I did not pick up the "pie" when I completed the maze i the cellar, which is needed to get the wooden lighter from the rats. I am unable to find the "pie" now.

[Post New]by illbcingu8 on Oct 30, 16 10:56 AM
bigblue and puligold I am also stuck where you guys are.... I have the 2 halfs of heart, 1 jerrycan, one of the figures for bookshelf, the lamp,1/2 puzzle piece for above door. in my inventory. It keeps telling me to check inventory but, it isn't letting me move on. I am wondering how do i get the pie piece so i can feed the rats and get the lighter?

[Post New]by illbcingu8 on Oct 31, 16 7:24 AM
Someone please help!!!! I am going crazy not being able to figure it out...

[Post New]by Lorikeet_Fagin on Oct 31, 16 11:13 AM
I'm having the same problem. The SG says we were supposed to get the pie and a note when we finished the fast food make puzzle, but I got no pie, no note.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 31, 16 5:11 PM
When you play the fast food maze puzzle on the top of the big red and white striped tub in the cellar, you should then see a close up of the inside where there is a note (just back story) and a piece of pie which you can click on to add to your inventory, and then feed to the rats in the cage in the punishment room.

(Just for piece of mind, make sure you have scrolled through your full inventory, in case the pie piece is off to the side of it, out of sight.
This is no reflection on anyone's intelligence, I am sure you have all tried this, it's said just so as to explore every possible option, and I know a time or two when I have got well into a game and thought something was missing because of the fact that the inventory had expanded, but it was not all that obvious as the arrows at each end where not highlighted to an appropriate level.)

If this did not happen when you finished the puzzle, then there is obviously a glitch in the game.
Try clicking on the red and white tub again to see if you can still try and get the pie, and if this does not work then you should contact the BF team, as well as post in the tech issues thread, as they might have an idea how to help.

For what it's worth a lot of the games coming out recently seem to have problems when being played in windows 10, probably because they are still being used with the more common windows.
Either way the BF guys usually have a few ideas about things you can try, e.g. run as administrator, which can help get a game performing as it should, so it's worth a try.

But this is a definite glitch, just so nobody thinks that there is something they are missing.

Edited on 10/31/2016 at 5:18:44 PM PST

[Post New]by illbcingu8 on Oct 31, 16 9:25 PM
OK I have figured it out lol. Just restart game under a new name and then it works just fine. It didn't give me the pie and I couldn't move on. It kept saying check your inventory. Well, I just played past that part and it gave it to me this time around. All is good again

[Post New]by MrsMussar on Dec 9, 16 6:30 PM
I also did not get the pie. This is obviously a bug in the game. I will try restarting (although I'm not too happy about that).

Go to: