Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 29, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/29/2016 at 7:49:13 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 29, 16 2:53 AM
Eipix out did themselves on this one....

Wow, so cool on how they tied all their other series into the game. Love it!

As always, their games are gorgeous. Great graphics, music is enjoyable, even tho I was so absorbed in the story, I didn't really hear it!

The story line grabbed me. Hmm, a who-done-it" pretty neat. No monsters, no off the wall sci-fi, no helpers or gadgets...

AND we have a great sale today.

Windows 10 on a PC plays perfect.

Happy gaming everyone!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Oct 29, 16 7:12 AM
I'm sorry but even the new idea of tying together all the series, its still same ole same ole! nothing new!
Good artwork & graphics don't make a good game! I'm sure Id get bored again.
& I own probably all of there games! Not gonna be a desperate sucker this time!
Theirs a poor women's locked in a trunk, hit hint button get same ole line that in all there games "I suppose I should move along" real casual! Really! really! no panic in it!
Maybe & just maybe Id get it w/ free punch, but Ive learned my lesson w/ Epix, I purchase games cause theirs nothing else, later I'm sorry I did!. Sorry sales not that great! Not like it 50% off or anything, You have to get 2 CE games for price of 1!
Id rather play my old games or just wait & save my money for something worth it!
Epix not listening to players.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 29, 16 7:49 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Oct 29, 16 8:37 AM
Eipix has done it again. Excellent game. Every aspect is First Class. I do not know why anyone would not buy this game. They will be missing out on an adventure.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 29, 16 10:24 AM
nanafraser wrote: I'm sorry but even the new idea of tying together all the series, its still same ole same ole! nothing new!
Good artwork & graphics don't make a good game! I'm sure Id get bored again.
& I own probably all of there games! Not gonna be a desperate sucker this time!
Theirs a poor women's locked in a trunk, hit hint button get same ole line that in all there games "I suppose I should move along" real casual! Really! really! no panic in it!
Maybe & just maybe Id get it w/ free punch, but Ive learned my lesson w/ Epix, I purchase games cause theirs nothing else, later I'm sorry I did!. Sorry sales not that great! Not like it 50% off or anything, You have to get 2 CE games for price of 1!
Id rather play my old games or just wait & save my money for something worth it!
Epix not listening to players.

I couldn't agree more. I'm really tired of Eipix. Same game over and again with different story line. Unless they start coming up with new games that are different like Elephant Games do I try the trial and sadly, these days don't buy and hope for something more novel to come along. They wrecked MCF (IMO).
Think they churning out far too many CEs. Want quality not quantity.

amazemen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amazemen on Oct 29, 16 11:22 AM
I agree with nanfraser and belamba. I thought this would be another good game. It did look promising until I played into it. I deleted it because it is very boring to me. Appears as if they are bragging out their other games. Too much running around from one scene to another,

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nanafraser on Oct 29, 16 12:54 PM
Thank you amazemen & belamba! Felt bad saying those things, but you wanna give a true response! Epix has some good points but repetition will spoil it

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 29, 16 1:48 PM
Hello frieds! Well, we have #6 in this series. As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line review to others who do a much better job than I. The graphics in this game are exceptional and are very clear and sharp. Colors are bright and true. Game play is extremely nice, with no problems during the demo. Scenes flowed from one to the other smoothly and without blur or jumpy graphics. The voices are very well done, being age and character appropriate, with emotion and not just someone reading a script. Loved the realistic sound FX, e.g. storm with thunder and lightening. These FX were throughout the demo, as was the music, which is very well done...moving with whatever was happening at the time. Neither the music nor the SFX over-shadowed the other and played well off of each other. Exceptionally well done.

HOPs are interactive lists with riddles included. Scenes are clean and clear and items are not difficult to find. You don't have a lot of HOPs in this game, but they seem to show up at just the right time, to break up what's happening now and then and give you something else to do. If you don't care for the HOPs, you can switch to a bubble popper game. You also have to find 12 morphing items in the HOPs. These items morph very slowly, so they are quite easy to miss. Puzzles are a bit different and are challenging enough to cause you to take time and use some thought to complete them. Well done. Hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations. Yes, you can use the jump map, but this is faster. The map is very easy to follow, areas are well marked and identified by name and picture. SG is the same as usual and the area pictures are very clear, so you know what you are looking for. You have a tablet that helps you collect and understand evidence and clues. It also helps problem solve and heads you in the right direction.

Collectibles are very few. We have to find 38 dollar bills. Some are quite easy to spot, but others are very small and well hidden. This is a bit of a challenge and at times, creates a little eye strain. One more collectible would have been a nice addition and make it a bit more challenging.

I really loved the storyline in this one...very different and it kept my interest throughout the demo. We have the authors of many "books" as the main focus in this game. The story titles of other games we have played are well integrated into this particular story, which is quite different than what we are used to. Very nicely done. You are constantly on the move in this game and is a very nice addition to this series. This one had me from the very beginning, a well done "who-done-it." I think all levels of players will find this one fun and with enough challenge to keep them going. I do not give 5 star easily, a game must be exceptional in all areas for that. This one comes very close. The only draw back for me was the lack of more collectibles. Still not a deal breaker...I give it a 4.75. Yes, I am definitely adding this one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Oct 29, 16 3:28 PM
Too much dialog - no buy for me!!!

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Oct 29, 16 4:16 PM
I completely agree nanafraser, amazemen, and belamba. Eipix games are guaranteed to look fantastic yet be utterly boring. They all involve the same formulaic running around doing the exact same nonsensical tasks and have plotlines that are thinly disguised reruns from previous games. What they did to the HE and MCF series was saddening and annoying - they just squashed all life, humor, uniqueness, and interest out of it. This latest looks lovely, but there is no way I would waste my money buying a cookie-cutter game I feel like I essentially already own under a different title. Great graphics don't make a game great - great ideas make a great game. Unfortunately, Eipix seems out of ideas.

Edited on 10/29/2016 at 4:21:08 PM PST

Re:P lease post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 29, 16 5:55 PM
Finally a game worth a positive review!!!

Much better graphics/realism than usual. No otherworldly beings, spirits, ghosts or long dead relatives. How refreshing.

HOS are enjoyable. Puzzles have more variety & play nicely.

Good characterizations & VO.

Found a few of the dollar bills & 1 morphing item.

Now if we could just keep this kind of game play coming more frequently I would be a very happy fish!!!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Oct 29, 16 6:41 PM
Thanks AverageSizeFish! I just wanted to add something not to you AverageSizeFish been playing on BF for over 8yrs.Just not big on leaving feedback, Dont like upsetting people! So Epix need to listen to play! We know what we like!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 29, 16 10:45 PM
I seem to be in the minority. This is the first Eipix game I've enjoyed in a long time, but I'm a sucker for a good mystery. This is a pleasant change from the dark mystic games we've been fed lately, but to each his or her own.
Good work developers. You can't please everyone every time. This is a buy from me.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 30, 16 11:41 AM
Great game. I love a good mystery and this one had me hooked from the
beginning. No ghosts, no witches just a good old who done it.

It would be nice to get more games like this.

Edited on 10/30/2016 at 11:42:05 AM PST

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Oct 30, 16 4:49 PM
An outstanding game, full of humor, mystery, intriguing plot, great gameplay, tons of fun!
Although: {Spoiler} The series Off the Record is discontinued. BUT not Phantasmal, Hidden Expedition and Danse Macabre! How on earth will this dev continue with these brilliant series when all their authors have been murdered?

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 30, 16 10:17 PM
Finished another game earlier today, quite enjoyed it - carried on with this one - actually quite enjoying it - I know it's going to take me a while to get through this one. I took advantage of the sale this weekend - d/l 4 HOPA games (for the price of 2) - I am in my glory right now. I'm good now for at least a couple of days !! LOL

These are my most fave games - I am addicted to them ! 95% of my games are CE editions, I always like the extras. Some CE's I have not purchased because they were not ones that I liked -

I consider myself very lucky where I live in that I have almost unlimited downloads high speed (250 GB per month) (and I don't use anywhere near that amount), so I never go over my allotment. I am limited to the kind of service I can get here (pretty much just satellite service).

SORRY - got off topic here - anyway - really liking this latest game - Dead Reckoning Death Between the Lines

MaryD1215
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MaryD1215 on Jan 16, 17 4:47 PM
I have to say, I really enjoyed the story in this game. It was such a nice change from the monster/ghost/dark asylum/etc. that we see in so many games. I thought it was funny that they used all the games with the authors, very amusing. A nice, straightforward murder mystery. A bit too much back and forth, but that's true of most games. Definite yes for me.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Apr 9, 17 9:21 PM
Dead Reckoning is one of my favorite series and this one didn't disappoint. Loved, Loved, Loved it. Some other people have said it;s nice to get away from the ghosts and supernatural and that is so true. This game is just a nice who dun it murder mystery. The only negative thing I have to say about it was the bonus chapter was a little to short for my taste.

Go to: