Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

BEWARE RANSOMWARE DETECTED

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Oct 29, 16 8:47 AM
Just tried to download this and Kaspersky has detected PackedNSIS.File Monster.gen Trojan which is a ransomware file. Cant delete it either. If my computer is locked and held to ransom I will be furious. Answer please Big Fish PDQ!

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

BEWARE RANSOMWARE DETECTED

[Post New]by dk5793 on Oct 29, 16 9:10 AM
Flissa2 wrote:Just tried to download this and Kaspersky has detected PackedNSIS.File Monster.gen Trojan which is a ransomware file. Cant delete it either. If my computer is locked and held to ransom I will be furious. Answer please Big Fish PDQ!

Are you using the Firefox browser? And there is mucho information on the web about how to deal with this. Just search for PackedNSIS.

DK

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:BEWARE RANSOMWARE DETECTED

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 29, 16 9:19 AM
Q: Why did I get the message that my game contains a virus?

A: Virus messages occur when a security or antivirus program falsely identifies our secure games or applications as harmful. We take these situations very seriously and can assure you that your computer has not received any type of virus from Big Fish Games. Our products are guaranteed virus free and are tested rigorously before they’re released to the public.

The false message appeared because antivirus programs will sometimes mistakenly identify safe software as containing a Trojan or virus. These programs update their virus definition files on a daily basis and can sometimes be too strict. In an effort to catch every harmful file, legitimate files will also occasionally be flagged as unsafe. We have good relationships with many antivirus providers and will work directly with the company you use to quickly resolve this issue.

If you've received a virus message while playing one of our games, please Contact Us for assistance. In the subject heading of your question, type Virus. In the message portion, please provide us with the following information:

1. The game that is causing the issue.
2. The name of your antivirus company.
3. The message alert from the company. What have they found? (Trojan, virus, worm, for example)
4. The Big Fish Games file that was detected as being infected. (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)
Once we have this information, we’ll contact your antivirus company immediately. They will then scan the game’s files in order to determine if there is any risk. Once the safety of our product is confirmed, the game will then be removed from detection in the company’s next antivirus update. In all previous instances it has been determined that our products were indeed safe and the companies admitted error in falsely detecting them as infected.

Virus Messages

Edited on 10/29/2016 at 9:38:33 AM PST

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Oct 29, 16 9:31 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply. I must admit that I have been a BFG member for many years and never had a virus alert from your site before which made me very suspicious. I know that my Kaspersky Internet Security is very cautious and gives many false positives to the point I do turn it off sometimes when I know I am using a safe site. Thank you for your reassurance and I will monitor the alerts carefully and let you know if they continue.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Oct 29, 16 9:37 AM
Hi Flissa2,

I'm very sorry to hear that you received that virus message when installing the game. Thank you dk5793 and tazruby2000 for taking the time to share that help and information. As mentioned, this sounds like a false positive message that can happen when an antivirus program accidentally reads a safe file as unsafe.

I want to assure you that all of our games are tested thoroughly before release, and are absolutely guaranteed to be virus free. When messages like this occur the best option to take is to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with that information that tazruby2000 mentioned. This will help them investigate the situation so this can get resolved as quickly as possible.

To keep things simple I've gone ahead and also made that link tazruby2000 included clickable in case you'd like to take a look.

As this is a technical issue I'm going to lock this thread. If you encounter any other problems with the game we invite you to post to the following discussion:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines Collector's Edition here.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: