Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 30, 16 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/30/2016 at 11:32:28 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 30, 16 11:32 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Oct 31, 16 12:55 PM
Worked fine until the 'figurine mini-game' then the game froze up. The only thing I could do was go to the main menu. Tried multiple times , going back & forth, etc. I finally gave up and deleted the game.

renecharb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by renecharb on Oct 31, 16 8:14 PM
hint button won't work

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 2, 16 12:38 PM
Hi gertie23 and renecharb,

I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are appearing in your game. It is recommended that with the freezing issues and with the hint button not working, to refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If issues still persist, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to provide assistance based on your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Shailey1027 on Nov 26, 16 6:04 AM
I am running this game on a PC with Windows 10. I have made it all the way through with no issues until the end of Chapter 5 where you move the statue through the maze. The game has stopped working. The button to move the statue don't work and the skip button doesn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Same thing. Is there any help you can offer?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 27, 16 1:32 PM
Hello Shailey1027,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. it sounds like the game stopped working because the buttons in the game seem to stop working even after reinstalling the game from scratch. I apologize the game is still causing trouble and definitely recommend taking bfgBellerophon's advice and contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can use this report to gather data on and report issues to the right team, provide troubleshooting support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to contact any of our moderators if there are further questions.

bfgIlinalta

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SuzyF on Dec 3, 16 1:11 PM
Motorcycle HOP ~ can't pick up the Net, Lemonade or Butterfly. Tried completing with the puzzle but doesn't pick up those items either. I uninstalled and re-installed the game but alas, still can't pick them up. I saw that another person had the same issue in the thread titled "motorcycle". I hope there's a fix for this because I'm pretty far into the game and I really don't want to create a new profile and start back at the beginning. This game seems glitchy. I've had to CAD several times due to the game crashing.
Windows Vista 32 bit

Edited on 12/04/2016 at 12:51:00 PM PST

Mauvina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Mauvina on Jan 15, 17 9:15 PM
ben's 50's room. Game won't let me place last piece of tile on box. tried reloading. I'm using windows 10 on pc.

[Post New]by Madadder on May 12, 17 12:49 PM
Skip button won't work

[Post New]by rideoutm on Nov 4, 17 3:42 PM
I bought and installed this game today. It will not launch. All of my other games work fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and am having the same problem.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been troubles progressing in the game due to parts of it not responding when clicked, and it also looks like there's an issue with getting the game to open up to play. Let's see if some troubleshooting will help get things working better.

When parts of a game don't respond, it can often be due to the game's files needing more permissions in order to work correctly. In those situations, running the game as Administrator can help get things working better. It's also a good idea to check for possible video card driver updates, since those drivers directly affect how the game displays and interaction with displayed items. The following articles have steps for these two subjects:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

These same steps can also help when the game is crashing or won't open up at all. Should the issues persist after giving these steps a try, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They'll have the tools to best assist from that point. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are additional questions or concerns. We'll help out in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: