Gifting for Fall Event

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Oct 30, 16 12:03 PM
I have a dilemma.

I added a ton of new friends in anticipation that there would be a Fall Room which didn't happen.

Now I am overwhelmed with so many gifts that I will never catch up. Any ideas on how to help manage this? I hate to delete friends as I know I will need them for Christmas event. I sure wish they would increase the amount of friends you cant gift to.

Also I have been at least giving priority to those who still need items to craft pets. Is this fair or should I stick to my next in list?

I wish that the mail list would scroll. I am saving for the dreadful ginger coming up in the Castle Challenge and I didn't write down a count so just showing 6 I think. I know now to keep a running tally for other challenge where you get help from friends.

Edited on 10/30/2016 at 12:06:13 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:Gifting for Fall Event

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 30, 16 12:24 PM
I have a bunch of friends, too.
Have been giving some priority to ones asking for event items and those on lower levels. I do believe most people understand this.

I think we all juggle gifting the best we can!

Some occasionally close their wish list while they catch up.

I tend to leave mine open as many wish to trade, and trading can help a lot during challenges.

Tis a game. Relax.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Oct 30, 16 1:18 PM
Yes, I too have this little problem!
My solution is to make a list of all my Friends and then arrange it according to their Level.
I think that all the lower levels at the moment should have priority over Level 74 and I gift them every day.
I also gift them those Fall items they require especially the inventory items they need to craft the pets.
The Level 74 Friends I gift in rotation over three days.
Without making this list it was chaos for me as I am no good at remembering who I had gifted and when!

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Oct 30, 16 1:23 PM
I've been gifting people who need last year's items and pumpkins, and then distributing this year's pet components. If I haven't used all my 15 daily gifts, then I focus on people who've sent me gifts.

I'm way behind on returning gifts, but I hope people understand because of the event ...

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Oct 30, 16 2:13 PM
I'm not keeping track as well as I should, but I also tend to gift first for lower level friends, then last year's pet items, then the candy items. I haven't crafted any of this year's pets yet, so am not gifting those items yet. For all the Fall Event friends I added, I'm only gifting event items, but for full time friends, I'll gift whatever I have on their wish list. I'm hoping nobody gets mad if I ignore them, no offense intended, and I don't worry if I don't get a gift in return.

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Oct 30, 16 2:49 PM
Well now I don't feel so bad knowing I am not the only one

I do look for lower levels or those that are still crafting pets as I have finished all of mine and feel those are the one that really need friends help.

Playing the game I am keeping a list but nothing as detailed as you

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 30, 16 3:38 PM
I think most of us are behind in gifting..........lots of friends and with only 15 gifts a day........hard to keep up.........I jot down every gift........who and what and return gifts in that order.........have lots of friends who gift the same way..........some have deleted me as they like more frequent gifts..........it all works out in the end.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Oct 30, 16 4:21 PM
I just gift in order. When I look at their wish list, I prioritize on fall items I have available, inventory I have a lot of or can buy with gold, then everything else. During castle challenges, when they put a particular item that we can get by gifting, I put it on my wish list. I send first to those who sent to me. Then I go through and send that item to people who have it on their wish list. Unfortunately, the 15 person limit makes it hard to get everyone.

I do wish, though, that people would put at least one item, like their lowest airship item, or wands or one thing that pretty much anyone will have. Two reasons. One I hate having to skip people because I don't have what they want. Two, I'm at level 74, but I look at some people's wish lists and wonder how people who are at level 14 or 24 can possibly manage to send gifts to them often enough to feel like they're being a good friend.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Cardinal57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Cardinal57 on Oct 30, 16 4:45 PM
I have 62 friends including John. 13 are inactive, about 22 have no fall event items on their list and the rest have at least one item. Some of these have items I can't gift until I craft my pets.

The lower levels and any event item I can give get gifted first and then the others. I try to make sure I gift everyone at least 2 times a week. But my memory is hit or miss and I gave up trying to write them down.

I also wish we could scroll our gift box. I had to accept some items I was saving to find my tournament reward yesterday.

heidinorkovi
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by heidinorkovi on Oct 31, 16 7:51 PM
Yes, gifting when an event is happening is different. I think that most players do understand that. I think that we will all forgive each other for a missed return and get back to "normal" after the event. Let's have fun playing and relax our (mine to be precise, hehe) high standards of exactness. <smiles>

Debora1823
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by Debora1823 on Oct 31, 16 8:03 PM
It would be nice if we could scroll the items in the mailbox

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Oct 31, 16 10:00 PM
On my PC, I have been (sorry) neglecting some friends. Trying but I don't have a system or list.
On my new *starting over AGAIN* iPad, having trouble getting and keeping friends. Just don't have anything to give so that makes me feel bad. But I am trying to advance.

Go to: