gjnashif
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

DIRE GROVE NOT WINDOWS 10 COMPATIBLE

[Post New]by gjnashif on Nov 1, 16 6:57 AM
MCF Dire Grove is on sale today for 65 percent off, however please understand it is not windows 10 compatible. I have tried for months to get them to update this, and the only response is, we have not read your email yet, but here is a coupon for a new game.

I have been compensated by BFG with coupons to replace the game. However, I really want people to know that it is in their best interest to demo this game.

Again: As of this post Dire Grove is not windows 10 compatible.

-Greg Nashif

Re:DIRE GROVE NOT WINDOWS 10 COMPATIBLE

[Post New]by Arinei on Nov 1, 16 8:17 AM
I really wanted to play the game and bought it today with the offer. I tried all posible ways to run it on WIN 10 without knowing that is no compatible. I would like to get a coupon, to buy another game that Works with WIN 10
Thank you !

[Post New]by 1_trusting_walk on Nov 1, 16 8:22 AM
I am in the same boat as you are. I purchased MCF ire Grove(CE) & MCF ire Grove(SE)-08-04-16/10-21-16 respectively. Neither game is playable as they WILL NOT open/start-up having Windows 10. I have repeatedly asked BFG customer support for assistance & as of this date I've gotten the same response as you. NO ANSWERS nor any fixes/updates.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,628 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 9, 16 9:13 PM
Arinei wrote: I really wanted to play the game and bought it today with the offer. I tried all posible ways to run it on WIN 10 without knowing that is no compatible. I would like to get a coupon, to buy another game that Works with WIN 10
Thank you !
Arinei, to get your coupon for a new game you will need to contact Customer Support directly. You can do so at the bottom of the page. Good luck!

[Post New]by ccangell61 on Nov 25, 16 11:35 AM
I purchased many of the games..including this one. However, after getting new PC...can not play most of them. I refuse to pay monthly for games..that I can not play later. They should at least offer a disc to replace it. I had them replace one of my games...with a new one. However, I want this game!

beachmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by beachmama on Nov 26, 16 9:00 AM
So far Dire Grove is the only game I have purchased over the years that won't work on Windows 10. The did send a free game coupon. Maybe they'll listen to their buyers and update it.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Nov 26, 16 10:08 AM
Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to help detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Note
Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

1. In the search box, type run programs.
2. Select Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, and then select Next.
3. Choose the program you want to fix. If you don't see the program in the list, select Not Listed.
4. Select Next, and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter can't fix the problem, try changing compatibility settings manually.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Nov 26, 16 10:13 AM
Change compatibility settings manually

These steps will not work with apps that come with Windows, or with apps you get from the Windows Store.

1. In the search box, type the name of the program, right-click the search result, and select Open file location.
2. Right-click the program icon, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
3. Select one or more of the settings (see the table below for more info).
4. If you want to apply the settings for that program to all accounts on the PC, select Change settings for all users.
5. Administrator permission required You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
6. When you're done, select OK.

Compatibility mode Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific version of Windows.

Reduced color mode Uses a limited set of colors in the program. Some older programs are designed to use fewer colors.

Run in 640 × 480 screen resolution The recommended setting if the graphics for the program appear jagged or are rendered improperly.

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings Turns off automatic resizing of programs if large font sizes are used. Try this setting if large-scale fonts are interfering with the appearance of the program.

Enable this program to work with OneDrive files The recommended setting if the program can't see or open files on OneDrive. Note: when large files are being downloaded there may be a long delay, with no progress bar reflecting the download.

Run this program as an administrator Some programs require administrator privileges to run properly. If you aren't signed in to your PC as an administrator, this option is unavailable.

Change settings for all users Lets you choose settings that will apply to all users on this computer.

[Post New]by oldlady65 on Jan 19, 17 8:37 AM
It is now January 19th, and I still cannot install Dire Grove. It is one of my favourite and would like to play it again. Can someone help with this problem?

[Post New]by Doctor9fan on Jan 19, 17 2:25 PM
Same here, I have the disc CE version but it doesn't work with Windows 10, I tried compatibility mode but no change.

[Post New]by ClarenceLino on Feb 4, 17 3:14 AM
MCF Dire Grove is not available on Windows 10 only on Windows 8 and 7. A white screen is just appearing. I have sent a message a couple times. The game is old (released on 2009) and the system is new (Windows 10 which is released last 2015) But why they are not planning it to release on Android? It is more easy to download the full version there(using lucky patcher) . Why did the company release it on IPAD. thats unfair.

[Post New]by Cindypribula on Feb 18, 17 1:11 PM
Is Dire Grove ever going to be compatible with windows 10?

DIRE GROVE NOT WINDOWS 10 COMPATIBLE

[Post New]by vicmic on Feb 18, 17 2:38 PM
gjnashif wrote:MCF Dire Grove is on sale today for 65 percent off, however please understand it is not windows 10 compatible. I have tried for months to get them to update this, and the only response is, we have not read your email yet, but here is a coupon for a new game.

I have been compensated by BFG with coupons to replace the game. However, I really want people to know that it is in their best interest to demo this game.

Again: As of this post Dire Grove is not windows 10 compatible.

-Greg Nashif

As has been proven over and over in the forums.... this is a company/business that puts profits above Technical and Customer Service. They have time to update ads to sell you a product but when you need assistance when the product fails no one can find their keyboards. OUR, loyalty to a product/business (with substandard service) keeps them employed. It is our fault also for not taking our business elsewhere. Which If I do not receive a reply after 3 games failures I will do.

[Post New]by aavedician on Mar 19, 17 3:01 PM
As of March 19, 2017, Dire Grove is still not compatible with Windows 10. It's a real shame because this is such a great game!!!! I is there not anything a real computer expert can do for us fans who love this game so much ?????

nyghtfn
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nyghtfn on Mar 31, 17 11:12 PM
4/1/17
I have tried the fix suggestions, and have NOT found a solution. Really would like to play this game again.
Anyone?

[Post New]by TreyNutz on Apr 4, 17 12:32 PM
I wish I had thought to check the forum before buying. I haven't had a problem with other games. This one refuses to run. Tried most of the compatibility options, adjusted the dpi, etc. Nothing. I'll have to complain to customer service and see what happens.

bfgIlinalta
2,907 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 4, 17 12:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us here. The appropriate teams are aware that some players are unable to play this game using Windows 10 and are continuing to investigate the issue. While the Forum Moderation Team does not receive advance information about updates and does not have the tools to make in-game changes themselves, if we receive information about this game being updated, we will be sure to provide an announcement to our players.

In the meantime, we absolutely don't want you to be stuck with a game you are unable to play and if you are experiencing this game not working properly in Windows 10, please be sure to contact our Technical Support Team. Our Reps will certainly help make sure our players are not stuck with a game they cannot play and will help out as best they can as quickly as possible.

Since this seems to be discussing a known technical issue with this specific game, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request that future reports of technical issues or discussions of technical issues in general be provided to the designated thread here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ here!

Posting to the above thread helps keep our forums as accessible as possible and also helps identify the impact of reported technical issues more rapidly. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you all for your time and letting us know what has and hasn't worked. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 04/04/2017 at 12:41:25 PM PST

Go to: