gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

DIRE GROVE NOT WINDOWS 10 COMPATIBLE

[Post New]by gjnashif on Nov 1, 16 10:51 AM
Today they are offering 65 percent off all MCF games, The one thing they are not telling you, is that Dire Gove both the CE and Standard versions are not compatible with Windows 10.

Please be advised that you need to demo any and all games before you buy them, so far I have tried every MCF game that I own, and they all run well on Windows 10 except for Dire Grove, which happens to be my favorite.

I have repeatedly emailed them and the only response I get is that we have not read your email yet, but here is a coupon you can use for any game until we get back to you. So far no response. I have been compensated for this purchase. But I really would rather have a playable game. As Dire Grove is one of the best of the MCF series.

It is such a disservice not to at least post a warning that it is not windows 10 compatible. By doing that it would save a lot of heartache.

The moderators who read this post, please suggest to your management, that they post a warning on the Dire Grove page about the lack of Win 10 compatibility. Still waiting for a fix after a year and a few months.

-- Greg Nashif

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:DIRE GROVE NOT WINDOWS 10 COMPATIBLE

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 1, 16 2:03 PM
Hello gjnashif,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We definitely understand the frustration that the Windows 10 incompatibility issue has caused some of our players, and I want to let players know that our teams are aware of this issue and are still working on it. While the Forum Moderation Team doesn't have any new information to provide for this progress, should there be an update to address this issue, we will be certain to post it to the forum.

Also, we have the tools available to provide suggestions and feedback to the appropriate teams. I am going to go ahead and suggest this to our teams as well as provide all new information being provided by our players in regards to this issue to them. In the meantime, what we recommend before purchasing our games is to try out the free trial on our website to see if there are any technical or compatibility issues. For more information on our trial games, the following page discusses them in more detail, including how to download and install a trial:

Download a Trial Game

It can also help to review the System Requirements for a game before deciding on a purchase as this could be a good indicator of whether a game may or may not work on the computer it is being installed on. Our games are tested on most operating systems that are readily available, but compatibility will vary for each game and when it was produced as well as the unique build of the computer. The following page details how to check if a game could be incompatible or not as well as some suggested preliminary troubleshooting steps for the computer, just in case it is helpful:

Game Compatibility

Since this thread seems to be about a known technical issue, I am going to go ahead and lock it and ask that any technical issues with this game be provided to the following thread so we can better track and provide that information: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here.

Message continues...

Edited on 11/01/2016 at 2:03:41 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:DIRE GROVE NOT WINDOWS 10 COMPATIBLE

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 1, 16 2:03 PM
...message continued.

If players are seeing this compatibility issue after purchase or operating system upgrade, please reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide that information to help with the investigation and will do their best to help out with the issue with what they do have available to provide.

We absolutely want all of our players to be able to continue enjoying and playing this game, and we're sorry players have been affected by this issue. Our teams are still working hard on resolving it, and as soon as we learn any additional information, we'll be sure to post it to the forums here. Thank you for understanding, and for your time. If there are any further questions, feel free to PM any of the active Moderators. we're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: