no1no3fan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by no1no3fan on Mar 28, 10 1:32 PM
The Treasures Of Mystery Islands was one of the best games I've played to date. I would sooo love to see more like that one!! Sure, there have been others similar to it, but nothing like it since. And I agree with everyone else...there is no need to have such tiny items or dark, blurry rooms. Remember the (majority) age group you're wanting to sell these games to. For us, size DOES matter. Just in a whole new way now

 
Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Mar 28, 10 6:50 PM
FROGs are my favorite too. Mortimer Beckett's 1 and 2 are FROGs. You should check them out.

 
genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 28, 10 7:02 PM
Romance of Rome is actually one of my favorite FROGS. Nice, bright cheery graphics. Here are some more FROG suggestions in case you're looking for more to try:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/87646.page#1613206

I have this on my list to demo, just runnin' short on space on the old hard drive

 
no1no3fan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by no1no3fan on Mar 29, 10 11:33 AM
Thank you VERY MUCH for the list genkicoll. I've played a few of them, but didn't realise some of them were FROGS. And thank you too chexmixmonet. I've played the Mortimer series and was sooo disappointed with the third one that just came out.

 
misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by misty5 on Mar 30, 10 3:13 AM
no1no3fan wrote:Thank you VERY MUCH for the list genkicoll. I've played a few of them, but didn't realise some of them were FROGS. And thank you too chexmixmonet. I've played the Mortimer series and was sooo disappointed with the third one that just came out.



I'm a big FROG fan, also, and love the Mortimer series. Just curious as to what disappointed you in the latest game?

Edited on 03/30/2010 at 3:14:03 AM PST


 
catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by catathang on Mar 30, 10 7:50 AM
misty5 wrote:
no1no3fan wrote:Thank you VERY MUCH for the list genkicoll. I've played a few of them, but didn't realise some of them were FROGS. And thank you too chexmixmonet. I've played the Mortimer series and was sooo disappointed with the third one that just came out.



I'm a big FROG fan, also, and love the Mortimer series. Just curious as to what disappointed you in the latest game?
It wasn't a FROG and they are the best

 
mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by mcguind on Mar 30, 10 8:09 AM
Sorry guys.....but what is a frog?

 
misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by misty5 on Apr 5, 10 5:16 AM
mcguind wrote:Sorry guys.....but what is a frog?



It's a "fractured" or "fragmented" object game, where you must find scattered pieces of an object rather than looking for a list of intact objects. I think these are a fun change from the usual HOG.

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 5:19:00 AM PST


 

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by star_dust90 on Apr 13, 10 2:14 AM
great game and very entertaining. just wish it was a bit longer, though. i bought the game after the demo and i played it a couple of times now, and still find it truly enjoyable. hope there's a continuation to this soon...

 
textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 17, 10 10:06 PM
I am a FROG fan also. And I also LOVE Treasures of Mystery Island. Still play it over and over. Thanks to genkicoll for the list. Found a couple I haven' played.

 

Re:I Absolutely Love Fragmented Games

[Post New]by sakuradream on Aug 19, 12 9:46 AM
Chexmixmonet wrote:FROGs are my favorite too. Mortimer Beckett's 1 and 2 are FROGs. You should check them out.


I can't seem to find them in the list of games. Any help?

 
 
 
 
Go to: