Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Captain Louis?

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 3, 16 6:26 AM
Could someone please let me know where to find him and what he looks like, as I haven't found him yet.

Thanks, Dax

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Captain Louis?

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 3, 16 11:19 AM
Sorry, I might have got the name wrong in my review; short attention span

He's the one who introduces himself as 'world famous'; I thought he was Captain Louis something but apologies if I made a mistake. Unfortunately, I haven't got enough demo time left to get back to the part where he turns up!

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 3, 16 1:12 PM
I had read some of the reviews and they all refer to Captain Louis so you did get his name right.

I only had 5 minutes left of the demo and wanted to find him before the time ran out as I didn't want a helper who was really annoying and interrupted the game play too much as I have enough of that when my grandchildren come over.

Thank you for replying though.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 3, 16 2:37 PM
He's the handsome dude with the pretty blue eyes and is not annoying at all. Wish more helpers looked like him.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 3, 16 4:09 PM
You meet Captain Louis during the chapter 2- The forest road, once you have sorted out your horse and got all the pieces of the map.

Once you meet him, his face will then appear as an icon at the bottom left corner of your screen, where a gold locket used to be.
When you come across a task where you need his help, then a grey icon with his face will appear to let you know. You then simply click on his icon at the bottom left of the screen where the locket was, and then click on the thing you want him to do.

Sometimes he can do the task straight away with nothing else needed, but other times he will need an item as well in order to complete the task.
When you click on his locket icon and then on the task, script will come up telling you that he needs more in order to help you.
You wont be able to do the task until you have collected the right equipment for Louis.
Then when you go back to the task another circle, which is empty, will appear above Louis face, in the bottom left corner, and you can move the item he needs into this empty circle. Lois will then perform the task for you.

Personally I didn't find him too annoying. He is very much like characters in other Vendel games.
If you have ever played the spirits of revenge series, he is like Sir Walter Ralleigh in SOR-Elizabeth's secret, or the guy (can't remember his name)in SOR-Florrys Well.
I think, actually, that he may be voiced by the same Voice over artist.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Nov 4, 16 12:02 AM
Nicely said Sazoria. And Dax, you can't miss him - he's part of the game play as of the middle of chapter 2.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 4, 16 5:26 AM
It reminded me of another game that had a drunken ghost helper and it seems this is the same developer. I didn't like that game anyway and it's a pity they chose to add the same irritation, not to mention one who speaks in a stereotypical 'posh' British accent.

Just because he worked for the Queen doesn't mean he has to speak like a Royal. In addition, his help comes with silly comments and the way you get him to help you is clumsy and time consuming.

Still I'm glad I got his name right!

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 4, 16 11:24 AM
Thank you Sazoria for the very detailed explanation of Captain Louis and how to use him.

As I was so far into the demo I thought I'd missed him as "Helpers" usually appear near the beginning of the game.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 4, 16 11:44 AM
@Angelfish

I didn't like the game with the drunken ghost either, nor did I like the storyline.

Regarding British accents in games, I often cringe at them, a bit like **** Van **** in Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. No offence to him because I love both those films but it wasn't until I my daughters watched the videos that I noticed how odd he sounded.

The worst one I heard in a game was someone trying to speak with a Scottish accent, it was so funny I almost fell off my chair!

Dax

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 5, 16 12:28 PM
I think I remember that Scots accent......it was pretty laughable and I am an American who couldn't do a Brit accent for love or money.

I feel much the same way when they try to do a deep south or a North-Eastern accent.....what they call a "down east" accent.....ay-yup. Thastareal funneh way of talkin......but there are some great story tellers in that region....ay-yup.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 8, 16 12:35 PM
I found the best thing to do was to treat Louis just like Elf or any other "helper" we get in these games!!! Keep the volume low and he's not too irritating!
Trouble is, I think Jane quite fancies him, one or two comments made were quite obvious "he's so hunky, what would I do without him" to put it mildly
As this is a new series, could this turn into the Jane and Louis story? Hope not

Go to: