ratchetr
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Is there anyone who CAN visit higher level neighbors?

[Post New]by ratchetr on Nov 3, 16 6:10 PM
Like many others, I have submitted my screen shots with UID to help document the multiple issues we are having with ROM right now.

I appreciate the fact that the mods have moved from the 'Clear Your Cache!!!' placebo to the gather bug reports phase. Thank you, that is progress.

I'm a software dev myself. I'm usually on the receiving end of the bug reports . And one of the first questions we ask is some variation of: Is this happening for everyone, or just some users? Knowing the answer to that helps, sometimes A LOT!

I have yet to see a post here from anyone who CAN visit higher level neighbors. The ROM community is usually pretty good about posting 'Hey, it's working for me', try clearing your cache. I don't see that happening here, so my guess is it is broken for everyone.
Is that true? Any exceptions out there?

If it IS working for some users, then, as a dev, I might want to know the UID of some of those users.

Re:Is there anyone who CAN visit higher level neighbors?

[Post New]by shastaewilliams on Nov 3, 16 10:01 PM
Yeah I am a little concerned about that "Everything is fixed" message too since the loading on my end is still at a snail's pace and I still can't visit my neighbors above my level either. I want the copies of the game those bf people and dev have - they work better than ours ha ha.

Edit: Actually in taking a second look at the Mods' posting, the message I was concerned about was old lol. That should teach me to open my big mouth. Sorry Mods!

Edited on 11/03/2016 at 10:17:07 PM PST

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Nov 3, 16 11:00 PM
Not able to visit higher neighbors, whirling dots of doom when trying to open the new quest, game crashes and reloading often doesn't work. Sigh.

[Post New]by mattygroves10 on Nov 4, 16 1:38 AM
Not me.

And I still get the swirls of doom when trying to see what I need for the magic quest.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Nov 4, 16 3:26 AM
Same as thurber. Nothing has changed.

Zirz
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Zirz on Nov 4, 16 3:52 AM
Same here, no changes whatsoever.

Shirley913
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Shirley913 on Nov 4, 16 3:53 AM
It's now day three and still cannot visit my higher rated neighbours, new task has swirls so no idea what I am collecting. Can search rooms with no problems. Have cleared cache. What else can we do?

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Nov 4, 16 4:03 AM
No, I've got all the problems everyone else has got. That applies to both my accounts.

Let's think...

89%
Can't visit higher level neighbours or Elvira
Range of items in the gift box, backpack etc with no image, just the swirl of doom
Some of the trophies as well as artefacts in the artefacts tab have just a swirl of doom
Cursor stutters when trying to click on an object in play
Tasks for the Quest A Disappearance Trick on right of screen are not clickable, just swirls
When gifting, if people have swirly items on wish list, can only click on the thin green 'Gift' area, not the item itself.
In fact, all items with the swirl are not interactable (if that's a word)

Did I forget anything? I've had to close the game screen, so can't go and check...

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Nov 4, 16 4:08 AM
E44AfQ, about the thread saying the matter is resolved...

If you check the whole thread, you can see the resolution post is for an old problem. The post about the current issue is the last one, and doesn't say it's resolved. The Mod has just used an existing thread and changed the title.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Nov 4, 16 6:00 AM
My guess is that we're all still in the same boat. I am still having the problem of not being able to even get in. 89%.

It's going to be a really fine day once we can get in and play again. The waiting is the hard part.

javacupper
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by javacupper on Nov 4, 16 7:25 AM
I can get in and visit Elvira but not the 3 in my neighborhood who are higher than me. I can see what they are requesting and at least gift them without visiting.

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Nov 4, 16 8:25 AM
I managed to get in (on Firefox) as have several of my neighbours & check my in-game mail okay. New Task, checking gifts, visiting higher neighbours I get a swirl.

annebrady
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by annebrady on Nov 4, 16 9:15 AM
Librarian2003 wrote:No, I've got all the problems everyone else has got. That applies to both my accounts.

Let's think...

89%
Can't visit higher level neighbours or Elvira
Range of items in the gift box, backpack etc with no image, just the swirl of doom
Some of the trophies as well as artefacts in the artefacts tab have just a swirl of doom
Cursor stutters when trying to click on an object in play
Tasks for the Quest A Disappearance Trick on right of screen are not clickable, just swirls
When gifting, if people have swirly items on wish list, can only click on the thin green 'Gift' area, not the item itself.
In fact, all items with the swirl are not interactable (if that's a word)

Did I forget anything? I've had to close the game screen, so can't go and check...

No I think that about covers it, I have all the same problems. And it takes a long long time to go to a new room or new area via the portal. And sometimes the game opens to the brown background only. Sometimes the pictures aren't visible. And now the Transvaal lion, lonely lumberjack and scarecrow are swirls too and don't really go away once they have been "helped"

Edited on 11/04/2016 at 9:20:01 AM PST

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Nov 4, 16 11:52 AM
oh geesh. Sounds like it's getting worse instead of better.

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Nov 4, 16 11:53 AM
javacupper,

you were able to visit Elvira? wow. I wasn't able to when the problem started, and I haven't tried today. Anyone else able to visit Elvira? If so, what's your level? Maybe players who have reached the century or millenium mark can visit her?

javacupper
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by javacupper on Nov 4, 16 12:01 PM
I am at level 1143.

[Post New]by dbartlett99 on Nov 4, 16 12:06 PM
I am around level 330 and Elvira won't let me visit her.

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Nov 4, 16 12:27 PM
javacupper wrote:I am at level 1143.

Are you the leader of the pack?

Means: Are you leading, highest ranking in your group of friends?

The other question is now: Is there a level allocated to 'Elvira'? Which level has 'Elvira'?

javacupper
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by javacupper on Nov 4, 16 1:05 PM
I am #4 in my neighborhood. There are three above me in the 1160 range. I had Maddy Martina in my neighborhood at around 1200 but she fell into a long and deep sleep.

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Nov 4, 16 1:16 PM
javacupper wrote:I am #4 in my neighborhood. There are three above me in the 1160 range. I had Maddy Martina in my neighborhood at around 1200 but she fell into a long and deep sleep.

Thank you javacupper,
for your quiick replay.
Could you please ask the upper class, those who are alive, if they are able to visit 'Elvira' without problems?

Go to: