Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Love's Triumph here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 4, 16 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/04/2016 at 5:38:41 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Love's Triumph here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 4, 16 5:39 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Love's Triumph here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Love's Triumph.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

JSD6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JSD6 on Nov 7, 16 1:29 PM
There needs to be more access to help on this game...

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Nov 8, 16 6:27 AM
I'm a big fan of RPGs and in my opinion, the best examples focus on performing quests, making decisions and solving problems. An example of one I consider to be good is Aveyond 4.

However, this game has obviously been targeted at those that really just like the battles, because that is pretty much all that it consists of.
You go through maze-like dungeons, opening chests and killing monsters. I eventually finished the game, but found it quite boring and repetitive.
To be fair there is one level with 3 puzzles to solve. Then it's back to the battles.

I think I bought the original, but I don't really remember the story, nor did I completely understand the re-cap, which seemed slightly convoluted. But, don't worry, because it's entirely irrelevant to the gameplay.

So, if you love RPG battles, then you may enjoy Love's Triumph. Otherwise, there are much more enjoyable games in the genre to take up your time.

Edited on 11/14/2016 at 11:40:34 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 8, 16 1:12 PM
I too find this game not to my liking. I own the first game - Love's Epitaph - and although you pretty much fight your way non-stop through that game as well, at least there are breaks and towns to stroll through.

The devs have made it easy on themselves by not providing towns to stop at, but just give us a couple of houses in which to buy stuff. I stopped the game when I reached the swamp - I think that's what it was. From the start all I did was fight, fight, fight. I am tired of it. I am just glad I got this game with a PCC.

The old-school RPGs I can recommend are the later Aveyond games, and for those of you who - like me - like to have more adventure and less fights, I recommend "Leah's Tale" and "Ella's Hope". I can also recommend "The Witch and the Warrior".

[Post New]by Toetapper on Feb 15, 17 1:31 PM
I agree with the other reviews. I like the element of exploration in addition to fight, fight, fight. I also like knowing how much more life an enemy has before it is dead. This allows me to use various skills rather than my most reliable and/or powerful one thus adding more strategy to the game. I would agree the Aveyond series is a much better example of this type of play but I enjoyed all of them and not just the later ones.

Go to: