Teva62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

What to do about sleeping neighbors

[Post New]by Teva62 on Nov 4, 16 8:48 AM
I am collecting a number of sleeping neighbors and would like to delete them - is this possible?

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:What to do about sleeping neighbors

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Nov 4, 16 10:01 AM
Yes. Sleeping neighbors is a common problem.

Click the Social Button (gold man in top hat) on the bottom right of your screen.
Select Neighbors.
Select All Neighbors.
Select the "x" on a neighbor you wish to delete.

That's it.

Good luck and have fun playing.

Teva62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Teva62 on Nov 4, 16 10:14 AM
Thanks - I don't think they want us to delete neighbors since they put the "wake up button" over the name. I can't see the name to delete :-(

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

What to do about sleeping neighbors

[Post New]by sir_vival on Nov 4, 16 11:01 AM
Teva62 wrote:I am collecting a number of sleeping neighbors and would like to delete them - is this possible?

Gift nice dreams or nightmares. Choose by your mood.

To be serious:
The level of friends shows 'Elvira' followed by highest level friend down to lowest level.

Remember or write down the name of your neighbour in front and/or behind the sleeper.
Like Vulcaness already wrote:
Click the Social Button (gold man in top hat) on the bottom right of your screen.

Going further on now:
Choose 'Gift' (Gift box) button
Click 2nd tab 'Select a Gift', choose a gift (any gift will do) by clicking the 'Gift' (written) button.
The select 'Friend' window opens
Now your friends appear in the same order like before on your game screen.
Find the noticed name by scrolling.
The neighbour left/right of noticed friend is the sleeper.
Close 'Friend' window by clicking the red X

Next step:
Follow Vulcaness instructions.

Make them 'Daydream Believer's
Have Fun
Sir Vival

Edited on 11/04/2016 at 11:18:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Nov 4, 16 11:02 AM
Teva, the way round it is to do your gifting, and make sure that you give every active neighbour a free gift. If you then go back into your gifting box, all the neighbours left will be your sleeping ones.

Be careful, though. The order in which they appear is not the same order when you go to delete. And there is no Undo button, no Are you sure button. Once you click the red X, they're gone.

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Nov 4, 16 12:55 PM
Teva62 wrote:Thanks - I don't think they want us to delete neighbors since they put the "wake up button" over the name. I can't see the name to delete :-(

To the best of my knowledge the Wake Up button doesn't do anything. I don't know if it did in the beginning and then broke or if it never worked.

Sir_vival and Librarian2003,

Thanks for adding the additional information.

jaid_diah
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by jaid_diah on Nov 4, 16 1:53 PM
Before you start deleting, keep in mind that there's a glitch keeping people from visiting others. This may manifest as your neighbors sleeping...

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Nov 4, 16 5:09 PM
So far, the glitch in neighbor visiting doesn't seem to have affected sleep/wake status.

But I have wondered whether clicking on "wake" actually did anything or not. Does anyone know?

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 4, 16 6:00 PM
aurendel01 wrote:So far, the glitch in neighbor visiting doesn't seem to have affected sleep/wake status.

But I have wondered whether clicking on "wake" actually did anything or not. Does anyone know?

When the neighbor wakes up you're supposed to receive a gift for "waking" the neighbor, I believe its associated with an event, but its been so long since its worked and that particular event has only happened once, that I dont recall what it was. I'm sure theres a discussion on it somewhere a couple years ago.
A message popped up with your "gift", like opening a chest, when the neighbor awoke.

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Nov 4, 16 8:29 PM
As I recall, the Wake button used to work as starmagicgreen said. Then when the devs brought in that little dragon which now sits next to Elvira, the Wake button ceased to function.

There is an event which is associated with that button but I can't remember which one. I think we've seen it only once. Maybe someone else will have a better memory. It involved getting a prize for waking up neighbors. Some folks intentionally let themselves go to sleep so that their neighbors could collect whatever the prize was. But that meant that whoever went to sleep was out of the game for three days. Rather silly, really.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Nov 5, 16 7:19 AM
Starmagicgreen and Thurber are quite right.

The quest was 'Wake Up Your Friend', and you got a Welcome Back Trophy. However, the really important thing was the reward. It's in the Wiki, under Side Quests, and here's what you got:

Waker reward:
?Creature Summoning Scrolls (5) (sometimes)
?Tarra Cards: Silver (15-20), Gold (5-10)
?24 hour VIP access (as Crown Talisman in the Talisman tab)
?1 Handful of Perls (25 pieces)
?Trophy: "Friendly Support"
? Gem: 5
? Coins: some

Sleeper reward:
?Tarra Cards: Silver (20)
?24 hour VIP access (as Crown Talisman in the Talisman tab)
?1 Pearl Shell (60 pieces)
?10 Sweet Roots
?Trophy: "Welcome Back"

Then 24 hour VIP talisman was the big attraction, and that was why some people allowed themselves to fall asleep, because both sleeper and waker got one. And you got one for every person that woke up. I still have 15.

Sadly, I think I was too dumb to fall asleep, and I don't seem to have the Friendly Support trophy...

(Oh, just checked again, and yes I do. So, I was a lemming...)

Edited to add

Aaargh! The numbers from the cut and paste have disappeared. Oh well, you can catch it at the wiki...

Edited on 11/05/2016 at 7:20:55 AM PST

Go to: