sam123also
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

collection of morph pumpkins keeps starting over

[Post New]by sam123also on Nov 4, 16 7:36 PM
My code 436826. I collected the 70 morphing pumpkins and had checked all along the way that they were being recorded. I last checked at 67. After I collected 5 more and hadn't gotten the "task completed" flag, I checked and had 1 not 70. I started over and got to 6 then it went to zero again. I started over and got to 15 and closed the game to go do something else. When I returned and reopened the game, the task was back to zero. I don't know if I still have the inventory from all of this effort because I had already completed the pumpkin achievement. I haven't had much luck reporting prior problems. But wanted to let others know. Maybe you can protect your progress better than I did. Probably will not be able to complete this task. Happy gaming to all.

LvlSlgr
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:collection of morph pumpkins keeps starting over

[Post New]by LvlSlgr on Nov 4, 16 7:42 PM
AHA! So I'm not the only one. Once I finally go to 70 and got the task completed message I got the heck out of there. I just hope it's still there.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Nov 4, 16 7:46 PM
I wonder if this is a time event? I had a similar experience. I got to 40 something, the next time I looked I had 25. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I got out and did something else. When I got back to the game back to zero. I then just collected morphing pumpkins, no puzzles or ghosts and completed it.

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Nov 4, 16 9:06 PM
Me, too! The count started over!
Patty

Ok, so I just went back in and just did pumpkin collection, and it completed the task. Thank you for the advise to ignore all other aspects of the game and just do pumpkins!!

Edited on 11/04/2016 at 9:17:07 PM PST

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Nov 4, 16 9:28 PM
Mine did too! Eep! I've collected a bunch, and it shows 7.

Sigh. will try just collecting pumpkins!

Minerva

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Nov 4, 16 10:01 PM
Oh, dear! Good luck, everyone! If you can't get it working, contact tech support. Be sure to follow all of their instructions.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

lizdanny
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,252 Posts

[Post New]by lizdanny on Nov 5, 16 6:19 AM
I had this problem got to 67 it then went back to 2. I then just collected pumpkins - did nothing else and it works.

I finally got task completed. Do not do anything else.

Liz

sam123also
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sam123also on Nov 5, 16 8:32 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I just saw that there is also another thread here about the same thing. It is good advice to just do the pumpkins and not other things. But that is what I was doing except for the one time that I had to close the game to go do life things. Ha-ha. Did finally get the task completed. But don't know what happened differently . I would think that a "timed task" would say so. Good Luck to all.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Nov 5, 16 8:37 AM
Same problem here. It should say if there is a time limit since this is incredibly frustrating! I am going to give it one more try just collecting pumpkins and nothing else!

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Nov 5, 16 8:57 AM
It's not really a 'timed" task-it's an "only" task. I've never seen that before, although I did all my pumpkins at one time just to get it done.

Roxnsilver
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Nov 5, 16 9:25 AM
I just thought I would pop in to see if there other were having the same problem. I am starting over for the third time. I was have way through when the count went to zero. Last night I had only 4 more pumpkins and had to stop due to real life issue. This morning I am back at zero. How frustrating. My count is at 13 and I am going back to catching morphing pumpkins but if I fails again, I quit going any further. Such a ridiculous issue for this challenge.
Char

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Nov 5, 16 10:22 AM
This happened to me also. I had 70 morphing pumpkins captured, turned off the game for the night and returned the next day to find them all gone. This happened in my Kindle game. It doesn't matter if this was a timed event because I captured my 70 pumpkins in 15 minutes.

Edited on 11/05/2016 at 10:25:12 AM PST

[Post New]by LindaH57 on Nov 5, 16 12:25 PM
OMG, at least now I know I'm not the only one where my pumpkins disappear and resets itself back to 0. I don't have use of my hands due to an auto accident so, I use a mouthstick to type 1 letter at a time. It takes me some time to collect these morphing pumpkins.

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Nov 5, 16 1:21 PM
I had the problem on iOS. Was it across all platforms?

LindaH57 - you hVe my admiration - I just tried doing a HOS with my stylus in my mouth! You are amazing!

Vsl

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Nov 5, 16 4:26 PM
Hat's off to you Linda, I have enough trouble catching the pumpkins with the use of my hands. You are a miracle to be so upbeat and persistent.

52lucky
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by 52lucky on Nov 5, 16 6:33 PM
This happened to me too...thanks for the advice about doing nothing else.

Pama

Pokerlover
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Pokerlover on Nov 5, 16 7:28 PM
Followed pclark 200 suggestion - did all pumpkins at once, did it all in the castle - took about 15 minutes

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Nov 5, 16 8:28 PM
Well!

I guess I was not seeing things. It started for me during evening tournament , yesterday. It kept going to 25, then 0, then 12.

Cleared cache and rebooted iPad. Pumpkin count started to increase 10, for every 3 I collected?!

Finally count went to 50, and completed task to 70.

Very strange.....

Hope all complete this task

Crystal ; P

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Nov 5, 16 8:53 PM
Mine went off count too. But today I was able to complete it.
weird, but got it done.

Valkyrie_6
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Valkyrie_6 on Nov 6, 16 4:19 AM
Hi all

Please see detailed instructions in other threads, regarding this issue, which were started during the last 72 hours.

Best

Philip
Bendigo, Victoria
Australia

Go to: