Hint button no longer works

[Post New]by cookingschool on Nov 5, 16 9:01 AM
I decided to purchase this game and activated it. Once I did, the hint button no longer works and I am stuck at the crossroads with the horse that won't go anywhere or do anything. The S.G. doesn't help to say what to do next. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem still exists. Is there a fix out there for this? If not, there is no sense in having spent the money on this purchase which is sad as I really liked the game too this point! I have Windows 10.
Thanks for your assistance!!!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Hint button no longer works

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 5, 16 11:24 AM
@cookingschool
Have you tried changing the difficulty to something different, applying that, and then changing it back.
It might reset the hint.
It's also worth checking that the game hasn't managed to get set on hard mode, maybe as a result of a glitch?

[Post New]by zbwood2010 on Nov 5, 16 12:49 PM
Same here. Game won't progress and hint button no longer works after completing the free trial and purchasing the game.

[Post New]by cookingschool on Nov 6, 16 4:47 AM
There is no game mode available under options. I had to create a new profile and start over. The new profile has a game mode in the options. So far, the hint button works. We'll see how far I get. Hope I don't get stuck in the same place! Wish me luck!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 6, 16 8:15 AM
Good luck!

[Post New]by ladybarber on Nov 6, 16 5:06 PM
My hint button doesn't work either. I tried changing skill levels, but it didn't help. I also can't get the hacksaw out of the mirror in the tower. Can't continue the game with these problems. Any patches to fix the problems?

[Post New]by bren9097 on Nov 7, 16 9:28 AM
I can't get the hacksaw out of the frame.Tried new profile,started again,still nothing.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 8, 16 1:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you all for your patience and also to players who swam by to help out with some suggestions. That's really great to see players helping each other out, and I wanted to swim by real fast and see if I can provide some preliminary troubleshooting steps to try as well as how to reach out to our Support Team just in case more assistance is necessary.

It sounds like some players are seeing trouble with the hint button not working properly or the hacksaw being unable to be retrieved. These two issues could have a variety of reasons why this is happening, so I want to provide the following steps for Windows players as they may be able to assist when a game isn't allowing items to be retrieved or parts of the game don't seem to be working as expected:

Run Game as Administrator

For Mac players, the following page has steps that may be able to address the issues being reported:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Since this seems to be discussing a technical issue with the game, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. If there are future technical issues with this game and you'd like to report it, please feel free to reply to the following thread: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower Collector's Edition here.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and I hope this is able to assist. If there are any questions about this post or the forums in general, feel free to PM me or any of our active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: