kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Text color?

[Post New]by kgustavson on Nov 5, 16 3:00 PM
Anyone know if there's a way to change the color of the text during the nest battles? I've been stuck in shattered Isles forever because I can't read the text on the bugs that come at me from the top right until they're practically on top of me.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Text color?

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 5, 16 4:45 PM
Not exactly, but here are a couple of things you can try...

First, try changing the graphics options that pop up when you first start the game. You have four options ranging from "fantastic" to "fastest". Whatever setting you have it on now, try changing to the one furthest from it. So, if you're on "fastest" change to "fantastic" and vice versa. Then try the game and see if it helped. You can always change it back once you finish that area.

If that doesn't help, then try changing the setting on your graphics card. Right-click on an empty area of your desktop and select your graphics card from the list (Nvidia, Radeon, Intel, etc.). Then look at the various tabs and options until you find contrast and/or brightness. Make a note of where it's set now, so you can return to your regular settings after you beat that level. Then try changing the contrast, save your change, and boot up the game to see if it helped. If contrast doesn't do it, try the brightness setting. Probably a higher setting will help with contrast and a lower setting will help with brightness, but I can't see your screen, so you may have to go the opposite direction to make a difference.

It will probably take some experimenting, so you may be starting and quitting the game a lot while you tinker, but you'll probably find a setting that helps. Good luck!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Nov 6, 16 11:33 AM
Thanks Burf! I found a setting to change in the Options - I think it's called "Lens Blur". Turned that puppy off and all is well!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 6, 16 5:10 PM
Cool. I thought I saw that before, but couldn't find it when I went back in to look. All I found was the option to change detail. I may use lens blur myself. I had a little trouble with that, too, especially with the fire enemies crawling near fire pits.

Go to: