BlackestRose
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

How Can I Back Away From The Boarded Up Cupboard?

[Post New]by BlackestRose on Mar 29, 10 12:19 AM
I am in the basement (or is it pantry? A tad brain dead here) and I clicked on the boarded up cupboard to see what that was about (though I still have yet to do the brushing part) and now I can't get away from it, no matter what I do I just can't seem to leave that scene, is this a glitch or what?

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 12:22:07 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:How Can I Back Away From The Boarded Up Cupboard?

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 29, 10 9:11 AM
you are in the pantry and a lot of fishies have been where you are and think thy have to crash the game and start over or something... don't worry, if you slide your cursor down to the bottom of the screen, a magical arrow will appear to take you out of the closeup... just be careful when you're actually working in the closeup later on, because when you want to switch from list to inventory, you might accidentally back out of the scene... been there, done that!

good luck

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Mar 29, 10 7:23 PM
Same problem, here, and no arrow any where to get out of the close-up. Frustrated and about ready to quit on it. Help please? Other than "keep trying to find the arrow" because it simply isn't there for me.

Having spent $19.95 for a Special Edition, I'd think it would not have technical issues like this.

Rowan

Arien1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Arien1 on Mar 29, 10 8:44 PM
Your cursor should turn into an arrow at the bottom of the mini-screen. If you move the cursor down as if you were going to click on your inventory/list button, then move just a little lower, it should turn into a downward-facing arrow. If it doesn't, then it sounds like a glitch to me. It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it though. I believe that's the first time in the game that you get an arrow like that, so it's unexpected at that point.

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Mar 29, 10 8:58 PM
Make sure you rcursor is on an empty spot in the list/inventory section if there is an object there move cursor to the right to an empty spot the down arrow will appear them left click

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 29, 10 11:14 PM
Make sure you move your cursor down slow- it is very touchy and if you go to fast the arrow will not change.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Mar 30, 10 1:44 AM
Okay, let me get this right - I have the cursor, not clicked-on, at the top of the screen above the inventory/list button. I move the cursor very slowly down the screen to where, exactly? Because I have moved it almost to the inventory/list button, to the button, and past the button, and no arrow appears.

I am moving extremely slowly and have tried it with the cursor clicked down and with the cursor not clicked down and I'm not seeing any arrow.

I agree that when you pay $20 you should be able to back out of a gee-dee scene, for pete's sake. You can't do it anywhere in the game, if you notice. I've already lost one figurine because you can't back out of a scene. Argh!

And who the heck would ever think "Oh, let me see... I'll try moving my cursor v-e-r-y slowly dowh the screen and in this scene only a backwards arrow will appear." How on earth do people come up with ideas like that? It would never ever occur to me as a possible solution, which is why I came here.

Not that it works anyway.

Edited on 03/30/2010 at 1:45:29 AM PST

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Mar 30, 10 3:25 AM
Okay, I got it. The problem was, I was not using the custom cursor. So all I had to do was click my regular cursor in the inventory area to back up. Probably if you are playing with the custom cursor you have to do the thing about sliding it slowly down the screen.

The regular cursor also let me back up in a couple other places too.

I still don't think a collector's edition should have problems like this -- to be SO linear that you have to do each task in order or you can't finish. E.g. I will never be able to get that figurine back.

Arien1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Arien1 on Mar 30, 10 10:59 AM
I agree it's weird that it takes until halfway through the game before you suddenly have to do something different to get out of a mini-window. They should all work the same way.

[Post New]by jmkennedy on Jan 24, 14 8:15 PM
how do you back out of the cupboard when playing on kindle fire?

Go to: