auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic Reviews

[Post New]by auntann11 on Mar 29, 10 12:27 AM
Please post only reviews and opinions of the game in this thread. Thank you.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic Reviews

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 29, 10 1:07 AM
Only played for 15 minutes, and I've got to go to work now, but this one looks good.

A few anachronisms, but we'll let that pass. And the awful accents of the mother and the little boy - which part of Australia are they meant to come from? But the game play and the graphics seem fine and I'll look forward to playing the rest of the demo this evening. I like the blueprint/map so you can jump between locations.

Maybe one for next month's punchcard bonus?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 29, 10 1:16 AM
Really enjoying this game! Wish I didn't have to go to work as can barely tear myself away from it! More adventure game with iHOG in a way, but as both my fave genre I doubly happy. Didn't seem to be a click penalty, game runs fine using the custom cursor although it can be disabled. Funny that the well spoken ladie's mother speaks with a cockney accent though :-))
Can't wait til next month to buy this one, it's a def 'must buy it now' game.
Thanks BFG!!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 29, 10 1:39 AM
I am glad you like it belamba!!!! Can't give a review nor an opinion, sorry. But for all you have a Great Week!!! Happy Gaming!!!!!

Anam_Craite
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Anam_Craite on Mar 29, 10 1:48 AM
I have to agree that this is definitely heavier on the 'Adventure' versus 'Hidden Object'.

I have mixed feelings on this game. It seems very well done and I'm betting will have a good length to it but for me, personally, I got a bit more frustrated with it than I care to be. I needed a great deal of 'hints' for guidance as to what to do next. I'm betting many more experienced adventure players will find it easier than I did and therefore it isn't necessarily a detraction from the game...just that it's not my cup of tea. Oh, and I most definitely wanted to kill the arrogant, egotistical snob of a husband right off the bat! I hope he gets his !

Not counting the part leading up to the ship, I didn't find the game to be very intuitive hence my need for hints. It's very linear and I would've liked to have seen more areas to discover and explore in a less rigid manner.

Although I'll be passing on this game, I think many will love it as there are many positive aspects of the game. I thought many of the concepts were new and unique (for example - fogging up the two-way mirror to listen in on conversations). For the hidden object scenes, the graphics were very clear, object names were accurate and I didn't come upon any darkly lit areas (or areas needing a flashlight) for those who are concerned with such environments. None of the portions of the game were timed. The hints are unlimited and re-charged at a reasonable rate. The puzzles were quite varied and can be skipped as well. Additionally, as previously mentioned, the map allows you to jump around between locations quickly which you're thankful for almost immediately.

I'm sure this game will be enjoyed by most.

Edited for grammar.

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 1:50:58 AM PST

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Mar 29, 10 4:32 AM
Why are there two forums for reviews of this game? It gets confusing enough reading thru all the responses.

nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nell50 on Mar 29, 10 8:17 AM
Loved this game, although sometimes story got a little confusing and nothing much to do with the sinking of the Titanic.....but overall, good mix of puzzles, all different, graphics were nice and enjoyed the bonus as well. Overall well worth the $6.99. Not suitable for first timers as there are very little hints for you to use, but that's what makes the game really enjoyable...you really have to use the little grey cells. would deffo recommend

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Mar 31, 10 7:43 AM
just cannot make up my mind about this game... just found it extremely irritating but cant give a rational reason why!!! reading through the reviews( on both forums!!) it would appear us fishies are divided on this one. Maybe come back to it and try again, as i did so wont to enjoy it.

turbotoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by turbotoe on Mar 31, 10 12:32 PM
I personally enjoyed this game. It is much better than the 1912 Titanic game. I got throught the entire game, both endings in no time. It has its quirks as far as reasoning to some of the tasks, but over all a good game.

I spent months trying to get this game posted to here and to gamezebo, finally both are available. I built my own walkthrough for this game, since there isn't an actual true walkthrough available for the PC version. I see now that someone else also put one together, that is a little more confusing than mine, and has extra unneeded steps. However I am glad to see one posted. Mine was finally posted on gamezebo, after weeks of trying to get it on.

I think this is a good game for beginner **** players, who like to think to solve problems. It is also lacking in **** games and mini puzzles, like most other games, but does have a good story line.

[Post New]by ratcliff_123 on Mar 31, 10 3:11 PM
cant get off the first page

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Apr 2, 10 4:28 AM
didnt like this one at all
finished my free trial
wont be buying it
i love all the other hidden mysteries
but not this one
too confusing
not a hog game at all

smoge
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by smoge on Dec 28, 10 11:19 AM
Ugh, the English accents are awful - and I'm from London, so clearly I know what I'm talking about. It totally distracted me from enjoying the game - I actually played only 4 minutes of the demo before having to quit. There were many Americans on this voyage, so if the developers couldn't find either English voice actors or people who could actually do an English accent well, they should have made the characters American.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jul 31, 11 1:30 PM
What a ghastly game, thank goodness I bought it on sale. The child's supposedly London cockney accent was truly ridiculous and quite spoiled that part of the game. Some of the other speech was equally irritating.
And as for the "heroine" and her mother. Huh, they should have gone down with the ship after all that faffing about.

Go to: