time zone?

[Post New]by coolcat1966 on Nov 6, 16 6:11 AM
Silly question, but what time zone does midnight castle use, I'm in the UK and presume that it works on a USA time zone , but can anyone tell me which one please
Any response gratefully received

cheers

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

time zone?

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 6, 16 6:22 AM
coolcat1966 wrote:Silly question, but what time zone does midnight castle use, I'm in the UK and presume that it works on a USA time zone , but can anyone tell me which one please
Any response gratefully received

cheers

In the UK your MC "clock" begins at midnight.
For gifting Friends the second tranche is at 8 am and the third is at 4 pm.
These are the important clock times to maximise gifting.

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:time zone?

[Post New]by apmg on Nov 6, 16 6:26 AM
Hi Coolcat The games time zone is GMT UK time so the new day starts at Midnight for us brits. Nice to see a fellow brit

Ann

dlsed
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dlsed on Nov 6, 16 8:18 AM
here's a bit of an oddity. I'm in US, PST which rolled back an hour for Daylight Saving Time; and my gift cycle just went off at 0800 local time, 1 HOUR AHEAD OF NORMAL!!! Anyone experience this????

Roxnsilver
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Nov 6, 16 8:51 AM
Hi dised,

Time has always been set for standard time. So when we go to daylight savings time, it changes an hour but the game clock does not recognize it and remains on the set times. Not all places in the world change to DST, in fact, most don't.

We are now back to normal ... 8am, 4pm and midnight.

Char CA

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Nov 6, 16 9:08 AM
Well, poo!
I missed a gifting slot for today because the change didn't dawn on me.

for others in my time zone, mountain USA, we are now:
5 PM
1 AM
9AM

Edited on 11/06/2016 at 9:09:19 AM PST

dlsed
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by dlsed on Nov 6, 16 11:09 AM
Roxnsilver wrote:Hi dised,

Time has always been set for standard time. So when we go to daylight savings time, it changes an hour but the game clock does not recognize it and remains on the set times. Not all places in the world change to DST, in fact, most don't.

We are now back to normal ... 8am, 4pm and midnight.

Char CA

ok, i appreciate this. The odd thing, as best as i can remember, we did not change back to the 0000, 0800, 1600 time slots last year when DST rolled back. heck, i'm probably mistaken. thx for post.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 6, 16 3:31 PM
The game clock is based on GMT......GMT does not recognize daylight savings time.....when we are ON Daylight Savings Time.....CST (in Texas) has the following gifting times....

GMT rolls at 7:00 pm
Next gifting is at 3:00 am
Next gifting is at 11:00 am

Now that Daylight Savings has ceased......the following are the gifting times:
GMT rolls at 6:00 pm
Next gifting is at 2:00 am
Next gifting is at 10:00 am

Hope this helps some. ---- Otherwise, just look at your Gnome clock....24:00 hours is the game rolling time......8 hours later (16:00 hours) will be the next gifting time.....8 hours after that (8:00 hours) will be the beginning of the final gifting time

lprestie
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by lprestie on Nov 6, 16 6:38 PM
I'm in Arizona,USA and we don't change our clocks in this state, so I'm wondering if the times changed for us.
I hate feeling so stupid, and I know when MC first went to GMT I was helped by others, but I can't find the page I printed up and don't remember (senior memory) what I was told. Could I get a little reminder please.

Lucy & Craftylucy

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 6, 16 7:48 PM
lprestie wrote:I'm in Arizona,USA and we don't change our clocks in this state, so I'm wondering if the times changed for us.
I hate feeling so stupid, and I know when MC first went to GMT I was helped by others, but I can't find the page I printed up and don't remember (senior memory) what I was told. Could I get a little reminder please.

Lucy & Craftylucy

Since you are in Arizona (one of the intelligent states regarding DST), there will be no change for you with your gifting times. Your time didn't change; GMT didn't change .....so all will be just status quo for you......lucky you!

lprestie
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by lprestie on Nov 6, 16 9:07 PM
Thank you Annelliegram for the info.

Lucy

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Nov 6, 16 11:57 PM
Annelliegram wrote:The game clock is based on GMT......GMT does not recognize daylight savings time.....when we are ON Daylight Savings Time.....CST (in Texas) has the following gifting times....

GMT rolls at 7:00 pm
Next gifting is at 3:00 am
Next gifting is at 11:00 am

Now that Daylight Savings has ceased......the following are the gifting times:
GMT rolls at 6:00 pm
Next gifting is at 2:00 am
Next gifting is at 10:00 am

Another fellow Texan Whoot!!!!

Thanks always for your wealth of information!

I always get mixed up with daylight savings time, that and the fact that I just moved back to Texas from NYC which still throws me off. Thanks for making it easy for me. That 2am is a killer and I miss that one now that I am sleeping better. I tend to sleep past 10.00 some days so get stuck with 10 gifts only.

Edited on 11/07/2016 at 12:03:03 AM PST

Judy_Bishop
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Judy_Bishop on Nov 7, 16 12:09 AM
In the UK we have had 6 months of Daylight Saving so those who work could only gift twice a day as the timings were9am, 5pm and 1am. Thank goodness the clocks have changed so I can catch up on my gifting!
Take care
Judy

Go to: