Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter VI: Leigh's Story here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 7, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/07/2016 at 10:23:17 AM PST

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter VI: Leigh's Story here.

[Post New]by dk5793 on Nov 7, 16 2:46 AM
I didn't have any trouble downloading and installing Clutter VI. But when I tried to launch the game, Norton SONAR detected a high-level security risk and quarantined the clutter6.exe file. I checked to make sure my Norton anti-virus was up to date and it is. I won't be able to play the game until this is resolved.

DK5793

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Nov 7, 16 3:32 AM
I down loaded the game but it would not launch. Error violation. Darn it! Can't play game. I have a new computer just a few months old.

[Post New]by freemak on Nov 7, 16 3:42 AM
I am using Windows 10. I can't get the cursor to show up.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Nov 7, 16 3:45 AM
I downloaded game without problem. Then started game and a box comes up of which you are to click OK but cursor had disappeared never to be seen again. Had to shut off computer to get out of the game. Really would have liked to play. I have Windows10.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Nov 7, 16 3:52 AM
freemak wrote:I am using Windows 10. I can't get the cursor to show up.

I'm having the same problem with my cursor with windows 10.

[Post New]by OHSaintsfan on Nov 7, 16 4:11 AM
No cursor as well. Bummed as I love the clutter games and was excited to get started.

[Post New]by bigbarbie11 on Nov 7, 16 5:27 AM
dk5793 wrote:I didn't have any trouble downloading and installing Clutter VI. But when I tried to launch the game, Norton SONAR detected a high-level security risk and quarantined the clutter6.exe file. I checked to make sure my Norton anti-virus was up to date and it is. I won't be able to play the game until this is resolved.

DK5793

Same experience. HELP

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 7, 16 6:01 AM
I also had the same Norton Sonar warning! Immediately removed the game. I have never not had some problems trying to play any of the Clutter games!

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Nov 7, 16 8:27 AM
0161 wrote:
freemak wrote:I am using Windows 10. I can't get the cursor to show up.

I'm having the same problem with my cursor with windows 10.

Ditto. Have also had no problem with any of the previous Clutter games.

And I had the problem reported by longbrak where with my computer set to 1920x1080 resolution, the resolution when opening the game was so low that the (very fuzzy) image spilled off the screen. Only problem I did NOT have was a virus warning message; I did not get one of those.

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Edited on 11/07/2016 at 1:05:01 PM PST

[Post New]by longbrak on Nov 7, 16 9:06 AM
I have Windows 10 on both my laptop and PC. Clutter VI runs perfectly on the laptop but when it loads on the PC it changes the resolution so it is much bigger than the screen. PC and laptop are both set to the same resolution: 1920x1080

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 7, 16 10:15 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Windows 10

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 7, 16 10:22 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report these issues with the game. I wanted to talk about the two issues I am seeing being reported which appear to be a virus message appearing when trying to play the game as well as some display issues or errors while playing in Windows 10.

For issues while playing a game in Windows 10, I recommend seeing if the following steps are able to assist as they may be able to quickly resolve the issues being seen:

Windows 10

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

If you are getting a message from your virus program about our game, I first want to reassure that these virus messages occur when a security or antivirus program falsely identifies our secure games or applications as harmful. We take these situations very seriously and can assure you that your computer has not received any type of virus from Big Fish Games. Our products are guaranteed virus free and are tested rigorously before they’re released to the public.

If you've received a virus message while playing one of our games, please contact our Support Team for assistance. In the subject heading of your request, type Virus. In the message portion, please provide us with the following information:

1. The game that is causing the issue.
2. The name of your antivirus company.
3. The message alert from the company. What have they found? (Trojan, virus, worm, for example)
4. The Big Fish Games file that was detected as being infected. (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

For more information on receiving a virus message while playing our games, including the above steps, I am leaving a link below discussing virus messages further:

Virus Messages

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is able to help out.

bfgIlinalta

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Nov 7, 16 2:28 PM
Same here, no cursor and violation error. So much for trying this game. Boo

[Post New]by kdg977 on Nov 7, 16 3:11 PM
Was having the no cursor issue with this game. Even had the same issue with previous Clutter games that worked before 'upgrading' to Windows 10.

Fortunately, the help link for Windows 10 in the second moderator's message gives the directions for fixing the problem. Changing my DPI back to 100% solved the problem for all the Clutter games. Unfortunately, there was a reason I changed the DPI in the first place. Guess I'll have to put up with changing it back and forth for a bit because I really do enjoy this series.

[Post New]by daled48 on Nov 7, 16 3:49 PM
I have many Big Fish games on this pc and all have worked perfectly until I installed window's 10.
When I installed Clutter VI and then tried to play it this message comes up.

Access violation at 0x02C1638E (tried to read from 0x00000004), program terminated.
And then a message appears that windows closes the program.

I tried downloading my other games and they do install but there is no curser.

I looked for solutions but couldn't find anything that works.

lildkrose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lildkrose on Nov 7, 16 6:12 PM
Windows 7 here.....cursor is really jerky.

[Post New]by honibee on Nov 7, 16 8:23 PM
Same problem as a lot of people have - no cursor. Re Cutter V - had no problem playing game when sudden ly the cursor disappeared. What gives???

[Post New]by Th8reCrazyRedhed on Nov 7, 16 11:16 PM
I am running Windows 10. The game downloaded and installed correctly but when I launched it, the screen turned black, I lost the cursor, the screen flickered then took me back to the Game Manager with the following error:

Error: Access violation at 0x02D6638E (tried to read from 0x00000004), program terminated.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with the same results

Thank you.

Edited on 11/07/2016 at 11:17:42 PM PST

[Post New]by lynn2land on Nov 8, 16 11:29 AM
As others are saying. I have a two week old computer with windows 10. The game will save to the computer but won't launch. Tried deleting several times, uninstalled the game manager and reinstalled it. My Norton says it is virus free but the game won't initialize. Too bad because I have and play all the clutter games.

Go to: