Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rescue Team 6 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 8, 16 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/08/2016 at 6:53:28 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rescue Team 6 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 8, 16 5:19 AM
I bought this game from the developers site quite a few weeks ago and in my opinion, it's the best RT so far How far this game has come from the very first one in the series; now they have vehicles to repair bridges as well as rescuing people and dogs to search ruins, not to mention heroically saving people in the water!

The game play is much the same and so are the characters; no need to fix what doesn't need fixing. Where this game differs from the others is in the strategy required to complete some levels with 3 stars; it's not as straightforward as it might seem.

Graphics are, as usual, bright clear and colourful; I never have the music on so can't comment on it. There are 3 modes of play; normal (no chaining of tasks) multi-click (chaining of tasks) and relaxed (no timer). You earn coins for each star you get; these are used to buy power-ups such as speeding up your workers or slowing down the spread of fires. There are 9 power-ups in 3 sets; cruising speed, emergency help and turbo mode. For the cost of the SG you get 20 extra levels, a build in SG (very handy!), 19 stickers to collect, downloadable concept art, music tracks and biographies of the characters (including the dogs Barry and Larry!). Options are very basic, just music volume and 'turn off hints'. There are 50 levels in the main game together with the 20 bonus levels.

I paid twice as much on the devs site as I would have if I'd waited for it to come to BFG but it would have been quite a wait! I don't regret buying this CE at all; I love this game. It's fun, challenging and if, like me, you want to get 3 stars on every level, has tons of replay value. I give if 5

I've had no technical problems with the game. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 8, 16 6:53 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Rescue Team 6 Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rescue Team 6 Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Nov 9, 16 6:31 AM
I won't be buying this because I don't think any TM game is Collector's Edition worthy and the time it takes to go to the next level is pretty slow. When I got to the part where the thieves show up, I knew for sure I wasn't going to buy it. I have to many TM games where rogues or thieves or some such show up. I don't need or want another.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Nov 9, 16 1:27 PM
This game is so much fun! I will be sorry when I finish it. Thank you BFG for bringing this #6 of a great series! I've been waiting and waiting and hoping for a # 6.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Nov 11, 16 2:02 AM
won't be buying this game, although it is one I like, and play all the others. I get through the introduction, but once the first playing scene comes up, it is all white with a sledcar that will sparkle when you click on it, but nother else. Can;t play the game, won't buy it.

katiek

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 11, 16 3:41 AM
I don't really care for the Rescue Team series of games but I want to say the CE has bonus levels, a strategy guide, and some other extras so it's as worthy of CE status as a HOPA is. There have been several main page reviews that complained about not being able to queue tasks, i.e. multiclick, you can do that in this game but you have to set that as an option, those reviewers obviously missed that feature.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Nov 11, 16 7:21 PM
It's pretty good, there are some new features that didn't thrill me, like the rescue dog and the silly background music, but you can work around that. I think RT6 assumes you've played at least some of the prev. ones so it starts off pretty trickily. I had to repeat level 2, shame on me.

Be aware: It can make the graphics card run hot! One negative feature: the loading between scenes is slow, even with strong hardware. This really should be addressed in future installments because it's annoying. If you can hold off for a few days, get it on a sale, then it's worth it..

[Post New]by anjiggig on Nov 13, 16 12:59 PM
Rescue Team games have been one of my favorites for years. Replay all the series one in a while just for the fun of it. Rescue Team 6 hasn't disappointed. New features make it more enjoyable and the new level of challenge has been interesting. The only drawback is the difficulty in getting 3 stars on the first few levels as opposed to the previous games that increased the difficultly with each new level. However, having the strategy guide built into the game relieves any frustration of having to stop the game to go to the forum for advice or viewing the play on YouTube when I'm completely stuck so I can't complain.

I agree collection's editions are a waste of money since I honestly don't care about the additional features (a biography of all things!) but the game is still worth the money.

Go to: