Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by joanlr2 on Mar 21, 12 4:59 PM
I have the 13th Skull and have been playing it. I have run into a problem and want to see if someone else is having the same thing. In the bathroom scene of the tavern your suppose to use the plunger to unplug the toilet. I can use that plunger many times and nothing changes and you can't remove the plunger. I have tried flusing and that doesn't change anything. Any one with a solution.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 21, 12 5:03 PM
Any one with a solution.
Paying attention?
The barmaid told you that the plumber was off sick. His number is on the office wall. Phone him for directions.

[Post New]by pawleysgirl on Mar 22, 12 11:07 AM
I'm stuck and can't get past the picture in the hall. I'm ready to go into the cemetery which I have 4 keys for. When I removed the key from the picture there are four corners that are circled in the map that I don't know what to do with them and when I put the keys in the lock leading to the cemetary, nothing happens.
Can anyone help me with this?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 24, 12 3:04 AM
pawleysgirl wrote:I'm stuck and can't get past the picture in the hall. I'm ready to go into the cemetery which I have 4 keys for. When I removed the key from the picture there are four corners that are circled in the map that I don't know what to do with them and when I put the keys in the lock leading to the cemetary, nothing happens.
Can anyone help me with this?
There are two pieces of information on the corners of the large painting. One is the shape of the keyhole and the other is the pattern and orientation of the key.

[Post New]by lundgraph on Mar 28, 12 9:06 PM
the game is flawed on my Mac. Doesn't remember the things I collected and doesn't save the game when I quit. What a rip. I collected ALL of the required things to take to the chest, but by the time I got there, there were only two in my inventory plus I lost the hammer that I still needed.

[Post New]by hardhearted on Mar 30, 12 8:48 PM
This game was great fun. I love your sense of humor.....false teeth in the fridge was the highlight of one HOS. The ending of the bonus chapter was hilarious. I've often caught my husband and I arguing in the same way....is this a common Southern trait?
Keep MCF games coming. They get better and better.

cav1976es
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by cav1976es on Apr 4, 12 10:57 AM
I thought this was a great game. Graphics were beautiful. The mini puzzles are not easy. Had to skip some. Ending was a surprise.

[Post New]by Lexiqueen on Apr 5, 12 6:06 AM
I restarted the game more than 5 times due to difft glitches. Now i have restarted again and i'm on chapter 9 where i need to cut the weeds. I know the sequence of the flowers to cut but i am having a hard time getting cut all before the first grow back. Am i too old or the flowers grow way too fast beyond the speed of some people? Thanks for any tip.

[Post New]by shaunahamblin on Apr 18, 12 6:06 PM
i'm at the ships and i can't find the rocks to throw at the rope. can someone tell me how to find the rocks?

cav1976es
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by cav1976es on Apr 21, 12 3:39 PM
This is a great game. I had to play it through 3 times to get all of the hidden objects. It kept my interest in every game, Great fun.Now I need a rest!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 25, 12 7:17 AM
we love every MCF game and will buy this game.------doug & lisa

historian
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by historian on Aug 9, 12 8:25 AM
lorelei25 wrote:
mlcorsaro wrote:...
Now, with all that said, what does "SINK THE PLUNGE" mean?

Thank you for another great game and the opportunity to comment on it.

Big Fish crew...YOU ROCK!!!

SPOILER ALERT:

Its a hint on where to find one of the Gold Skulls;
when you have the plunger, go to the kitchen sink in the house and plunge it
Hope this helps!

I`ve just finished re-playing this game,and what a game great, the credits came up and then this "Plunge the sink" But how can you use it a clue when the game is over and done with?? (It`s the first time I`ve seen it)
historian

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 9, 12 8:32 AM
For all insignia / achievements etc, you are expected to play more than once.

[Post New]by AngelQueen36 on Sep 9, 12 5:21 PM
I've noticed while looking through the downloaded games that a lot of them say Collector's Edition. What's the difference? Also I've read a lot of comments and reviews about this game MCF:13th Skull and noticed quite a lot of MCF games and was wondering which one I should start with. Are they in any kind of order?

[Post New]by Lisa125 on Sep 12, 12 4:45 PM
Just finished 13th skull regular edition. After placing the skull ther was an explosion and the Lee's appeared over me like I was on the ground, asking if I was alright.
The the credits started rolling. What happened to the Lawson's? Did they get the treasure?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 14, 12 5:13 PM
Lisa125 wrote:Just finished 13th skull regular edition. After placing the skull ther was an explosion and the Lee's appeared over me like I was on the ground, asking if I was alright.
The the credits started rolling. What happened to the Lawson's? Did they get the treasure?

****SPOILER**** highlight below to read:
In my game they were swept away by a giant wave. So, no, they failed.
***END SPOILER****

[Post New]by hoglover1970 on Jul 9, 14 5:30 PM
BEST HIDDEN OBJECT GAME EVER!!!!!!!

I have played probably over one hundred HOGs and this is still my favorite of all time. Best graphics and interactive story, best HOSs, best mini games etc.
I give it a 12 out of 10.

SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!!

[Post New]by hoglover1970 on Jul 9, 14 5:35 PM
These MCF games do keep getting better and better, with the exception of Fate's Carnival. That game really seemed to have taken a huge step backward. I found it to be weird and frustrating compared to the other 6 games that Mystery Case Files put out. I constantly had to use the hint cuz it was never obvious what to do next and items that went in your inventory rarely made sense with what you had done and where you were going.

I give it a 5 out of 10

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 12, 14 10:26 PM
What do I think? I think the SG absolutely stinks. And it stops just when I need it. What good is a SG that has no strategies, no hints, NOTHING?!?

When I spend extra money for a CE I expect a SG that actually HELPS me. Shame on BF. I had already bought and played the SE. I thought that perhaps the CE would be better. It looks like I wasted my money.

Now I'm stuck in the graveyard and I'm supposed to find a contraption. What contraption? I can't find a contraption. No hint is given except to find the contraption. That isn't much help WHEN I DO NOT KNOW WHAT OR WHERE IT IS! No SG, no hint, NOTHING.

As for the WT, it isn't very good, either. Most of the time the WT helps me so much. This time I couldn't even get the piano to open. Sorry.

I had so much fun with this game and now it is just miserable.

I am one unhappy (and ugly) herring. Sigh.

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 10:41:15 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 14 9:13 PM
Jurinne wrote:What do I think? I think the SG absolutely stinks. And it stops just when I need it. What good is a SG that has no strategies, no hints, NOTHING?!?

When I spend extra money for a CE I expect a SG that actually HELPS me. Shame on BF. I had already bought and played the SE. I thought that perhaps the CE would be better. It looks like I wasted my money.

Now I'm stuck in the graveyard and I'm supposed to find a contraption. What contraption? I can't find a contraption. No hint is given except to find the contraption. That isn't much help WHEN I DO NOT KNOW WHAT OR WHERE IT IS! No SG, no hint, NOTHING.

As for the WT, it isn't very good, either. Most of the time the WT helps me so much. This time I couldn't even get the piano to open. Sorry.

I had so much fun with this game and now it is just miserable.

I am one unhappy (and ugly) herring. Sigh.

Sorry you're having so much trouble, Jurrine! Are you in the graveyard looking for a "contraption" or are you actually in the crypt? Where are you looking that tells you to find a "contraption"? The strategy guide or the walkthrough? If I knew exactly where you were perhaps I could help you narrow it down.

Also, how are stuck with the piano? Getting the screws off? If so, that's addressed in the FAQs. If not, let me know and maybe I can help with that too.

Go to: