Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jul 11, 17 12:43 AM
This is the third day of the castle challenge and I only get the10part I have played it 6times already used all my diamonds and today it is still showing the same 10 part it normally does 2 to3 then changes it seems to be stuck on the 10 part at this rate I will not be able to finish the challenge is there a problem with this challenge chtis

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 11, 17 9:08 AM
Hi Kimball321,

It is understandable the concern that players may have regarding the Castle Challenge task of the 5-part quest. In the game there are currently 3-part, 5-part, and 10-part quests. Please keep in mind that these are randomized and players can see what kind of quest they have by the number of stops on the ring around the Gnomes avatar. We have passed along the concerns of players regarding a 5-part appearing, but this is randomized. It is also worth mentioning that if you do find it takes some time for a 5-part to appear, it is early within the month of the Castle Challenge, and you should still have time to complete it.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by renner47 on Jul 11, 17 12:08 PM
Hi, my game is very dark. The lighted parts of the image are extremely bright but the browns and darker colors are almost black It's causing quite an eye strain. I know this happened once before and the devs were able to lighten up the HOS .
I'm playing on a Kindle HDX. Thanks

bfgIlinalta
2,927 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 12, 17 1:53 PM
Hello renner47,

I'm sorry to hear that the game appears very dark. This sounds like something that may need a little further investigation so that we can help further, so I'd like to provide some steps for getting in touch with our Support Team for further assistance with this particular issue.

In this case, I recommend going ahead and contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code, the type and model of device that is seeing this trouble, the version of operating system it is using, and a screenshot of what you are experiencing. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it's helpful for players, the following page contains steps for how to retrieve that Friend Code:

What is my Friend Code?

Also, the following page contains a guide for taking screenshots in the game on an Android device, so I wanted to provide that link just in case:

How do I take a screenshot? (Android)

Thank you for your patience and I hope this was able to assist. Don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators if there are further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jul 18, 17 1:53 AM
I am in touch with customers service and every thing they say to help stop the game crashing has not worked am I the only one with this problem I have been having problems since the Easter update chris

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 18, 17 8:41 AM
Hi Kimball321,

Thank you for reaching out to the Midnight Castle Support Team. It is highly recommended to reply directly to the email received from the Support Team so that the representative can continue to assist. The Support Team has the tools to provide in-depth troubleshooting that the forums cannot provide.

We greatly appreciate your patience and willingness to work with the Support Team as all teams want to help get your game up and running. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Jul 22, 17 6:01 AM
Deja vu all over again, and again, and again, and again.... I just lost over 3,000 coins and an hour of progress and am really discouraged because the game kicked me out and set me back to where I started, yet again. I know my problem is not as serious as those that others have been facing, so I haven't bothered to complain lately, but you all have known about this one forever and it never gets fixed. There is nothing technical support can do to help me, so why waste more time and report this problem every day? You have to find a way to give us an in-game save button. Is this possible or not? Please answer this question. Thank you.

bfgBeruna
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 22, 17 1:19 PM
Hello ReallyHelpless,

I'm sorry to hear that the game kicked you out and that progress was lost. That's definitely discouraging. I really want to make sure help is received, so I'm swimming over to offer advice.

Since the game keeps crashing, and progress is lost, I'd first recommend ensuring the mobile device has a strong connection. Sometimes, if the connection to the servers is weaker, the game won't save properly. I've included a help page with some suggestions below.

Connection Issues

I'd also recommend making sure the game has the resources it needs to run properly by closing apps that are running in the background. This help page offers guidance about that.

Force Close Applications (Android)

Even if these steps resolve the trouble (and especially if they don't), please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll be able to investigate the lost coins more thoroughly than we can in the forums. Please include your Friend Code with your inquiry.

Thank you for your patience, and please PM me or another active Moderator with any other questions you might have. We're here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jul 24, 17 2:00 AM
I am still having problems with the game crashing I have done all the support team have told me to do even checked the Reuters all my other phones and gadgets are working okay it seems to be just the kindle this has been since the last update it is very frustrating I have played this game for about 4years now and never had any problems before it. Must be a problem with the recent update isn't think the support team can help as all options have been done regards Chris

bfgIlinalta
2,927 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 24, 17 4:10 PM
Hello Kimball321,

I'm sorry to hear that the previous troubleshooting steps sent by our Support Team were unable to resolve that crash issue. We always recommend players continue to keep in touch with our Reps until they provide a response that says that there are no more available troubleshooting steps. This way our teams can make sure that we are delivering the appropriate information to the teams behind the game should further investigation be necessary.

Could you please follow up with our Reps to let them know the previous steps they provided were still unable to assist? They may have further steps to try, and they'll be certain to provide a follow up whatever the case may be. Thanks for understanding and for continuing to work with our Reps should those issues still be persisting.

For all of our players, if our Midnight Castle specific Help Pages are unable to assist with an issue, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code as well as the model and type of device seeing the issue along side what operating system it is running. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Jul 25, 17 5:23 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello ReallyHelpless,

I'm sorry to hear that the game kicked you out and that progress was lost. That's definitely discouraging. I really want to make sure help is received, so I'm swimming over to offer advice.

Since the game keeps crashing, and progress is lost, I'd first recommend ensuring the mobile device has a strong connection. Sometimes, if the connection to the servers is weaker, the game won't save properly. I've included a help page with some suggestions below.

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002266047">Connection Issues</a>

I'd also recommend making sure the game has the resources it needs to run properly by closing apps that are running in the background. This help page offers guidance about that.

<a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002368088">Force Close Applications (Android)</a>

Even if these steps resolve the trouble (and especially if they don't), please contact our <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000558227">Midnight Castle Support Team</a>. They'll be able to investigate the lost coins more thoroughly than we can in the forums. Please include your <a https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002367868>Friend Code</a> with your inquiry.

Thank you for your patience, and please PM me or another <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderator</a> with any other questions you might have. We're here to listen and to help.by

bfgBeruna

Thank you for your advice. My connection is strong, so I tried force stopping all other applications and this has worked so far, with no lost progress for the last two days. What a relief! Thank you again.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 25, 17 9:24 AM
Hi ReallyHelpless,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to try the suggested troubleshooting steps that bfgBeruna provided.If you find that the issue appears in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and device details.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
508 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jul 26, 17 2:39 AM
I have now had to purchase a new Kindle to continue playing as I have had repeated crashing, loss of progress & inventory losses since the Christmas update & despite help from the zen desk the incidents kept happening. Old id Schatz GT OLD ID a 830110.
My new id is a870850 Schatz GT NEW ID

Please can all my old friends send me an invite as my friends were not transferred onto my new game, new friends welcome too.

If you like to play games & puzzles based on Midnight Castle then come & join us on our Facebook page MIDNIGHT CASTLE GAME HELP FORUM FOR IPAD, PC & ANDROID.
You could win a valuable prize.
We also hold regular egg draws where you can win an egg of your choice
Schatz GT NEW ID a870850

bfgBeruna
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 27, 17 11:30 AM
Hello Gemmam77,

It sounds like your game progress has been transferred to a new device, and I'm so glad to hear that. If there's still trouble getting the old game's progress, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. And please include both your old and your new Friend Codes with that inquiry.

If you haven't already taken a look at the designated friend request thread for Android users, I'd recommend it. The thread is a great place to find new friends in the game, and I've included a link to it below.

Friends for Android

The Moderation Team also asks that this thread be reserved for technical inquiries going forward. We definitely understand wanting to reach as many of your old friends as possible, but this will help us keep the forum organized. Thanks so much for your help and your understanding. Please PM me or another active Moderator if any more questions arise.

bfgBeruna

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jul 27, 17 12:42 PM
Bought anew kindle in May and am still having problems I hope you like me have not paid out for a new kindle just to find the Same problems exist I have now been told by services it might be not compatible with device I only got new kindle because my old kindle would not update the Easter update then I found I after it had updated I am fed up with no solution to this I had no problems in the last 4years of playing I think the problem is that they changed the updates to Google account only fed up chris

bfgBeruna
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 27, 17 1:43 PM
Hello Kimball321,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like there have been problems with the game running on a new Kindle. If a ticket has submitted to our Midnight Castle Support Team, my best recommendation is to continue working with them. They have tools not available to the Moderation Team here in the forums and can provide much more in depth troubleshooting. I really hope they can resolve this for you.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
508 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jul 28, 17 1:26 PM
There seems to be a problem with the page, friends for Android, it keeps reverting to the main page, if I was at all paranoid I would think that you don't want Android players at all since the support given to Android players is really lacking.

bfgBeruna
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 29, 17 9:41 AM
Hello Gemmam77,

Thanks for reaching out and making us aware of what was happening with the Friends for Android thread. I just checked it and was glad to see that you were able to post to the thread. If this ever happens again, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions.

First, I'd recommend clearing your web browser's cache. Web browsers collect tons of information from the sites they visit, and if their caches aren't cleared regularly, it can affect how they interact with different pages. I've included a help page with further instructions below.

Clear Browser Cache

It could also help to try a new web browser altogether.

If any more troubles occur, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We're here to help. Thanks so much for your understanding.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Dawna533742 on Jul 30, 17 4:04 PM
I think I have been very patient over the past couple years but now getting a bit frustrated. The game has been crashing and taking me out to my home screen approximately every 10 minutes. I have tried every suggestion multiple times to see if it will fix the problem. Nothing has worked. I have enough memory. I have the latest software update. I always do a restart then force close applications before starting to play. Nothing has helped over the years.Is there anything that can be done? I play on 2 other devices under a different player number and have never had the problems that I have on my tablet. My number is A533742 name is dawn and the device is a Samsung galaxy S2

bfgIlinalta
2,927 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 31, 17 4:07 PM
Hello Dawna533742,

I'm sorry to hear that the game has been crashing. We definitely want players to be able to enjoy the game and it sounds like there also has been a few steps of troubleshooting tried. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you've already tried to resolve the issue, and since it appears that more assistance could be necessary in this situation, I wanted to swim by with how to contact our Support Team.

In this particular case, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with that in-game Friend Code you have provided, as well as the device type you are seeing the issue on as well as what version of operating system it is running. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible. If you've already done this, thank you for your patience while working with our teams.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: