Mrs. Claus Blues

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Mrs. Claus Blues

[Post New]by Astra02 on Nov 10, 16 11:32 AM
All,

Will anyone else be singing the Mrs. Claus blues this Christmas? I've been playing for a long time, but my slow rate of progression combined with the fact that I often can't play more than a couple of rounds a day means that I'll probably come up short on this achievement for the second year in a row.

I need 600 Gifts, and as of right now I have 466. Given the drop rate of 2.5% or so that we've calculated, I can't see myself doing the 6,000 or so HOSs it will take to get me there by mid-January or so (assuming the Christmas event goes that long).

Anyone else, or am I singing solo?

Astra

Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Mrs. Claus Blues

[Post New]by Silverjen on Nov 10, 16 11:50 AM
No Astra, you are not alone.

As of the end of August I had 241 pink boxes and needed 656. I calculated I would need to get 5 boxes a day until the end of November to get Mrs. Claus. That has been a terrific struggle as the drop rate is so inconsistent on my game. Sometimes I would get the 5 boxes in 2 rounds (about 60 HOS each) and other times it would take 5 or 6 rounds to get them. Then in October the drop rate went down even more...I was lucky to get 3 a day. November hasn't been much better.

I now have 77 more to go and hope to finish before December. If I remember right, last year in December the pink box drop rate went down to practically nothing.

A strategy like this might work for you, especially if your drop rate is more consistent than mine. I know finding the time to get it done is difficult too. Good luck.

Tibtt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Tibtt on Nov 10, 16 12:00 PM
Hi Astra!

I'm on same boat as you. Last year I managed to gift 115 pink boxes. Now, this year I have 476 saved

But I'm hoping that we will be able too buy gift boxes (when we run out of them) this year.

In fact I'm saving some diamonds - hoping it will happen.

If not, Mrs. Claus will have to wait one more year.

Good luck to us all!

Tibora

lmcrane
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by lmcrane on Nov 10, 16 12:08 PM
I was just 10 boxes short last year. It has been so frustrating seeing her smiling face among the other avatars knowing how close I had gotten. But I definitely have those 10 boxes now, see is mine!

It does seem to me that last year the boxes dropped faster once the event started. Hopefully that will be the case again. I am sure the devs will come up with something that will take another 1000 boxes for those of us that have been playing for years.

Happy Holidays!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Nov 10, 16 12:13 PM
I hope they don't do anything else with the gift boxes..... leaving them for friends under their trees was the BEST part...

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Nov 10, 16 12:17 PM
And don't forget that once the Christmas event begins, the boxes may start falling more frequently. That should help.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 10, 16 12:19 PM
gohill wrote:I hope they don't do anything else with the gift boxes..... leaving them for friends under their trees was the BEST part...

AND opening the boxes to see what goodies dropped into your lap
I am getting excited at the thought of it!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 10, 16 12:35 PM
gohill wrote:I hope they don't do anything else with the gift boxes..... leaving them for friends under their trees was the BEST part...

If there is a Castle Challenge during the Christmas event, leaving gifts under the tree could be one of the tasks. Players might want to plan accordingly.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Nov 10, 16 1:45 PM
Hmmm...I've been getting pink gift boxes fairly frequently. I've gone from about 620 to over 800 in the past couple of months. Too bad we can't send them as gifts for our friends to give to their friends, since I only need about half of them to get Mrs. Claus.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Nov 10, 16 1:53 PM
I've been getting more since the FE started - in the first week or so, I was getting more gift boxes than ghost traps! Go figure.
I needed 507 to add to last year's 493, & I have 503 now! Hope is in sight!!!

Good luck everybody!

ETA: I just ran the numbers & it's still 2.563575%. Not a better drop rate - I'm just getting more because I'm doing that many more HOS than usual because of the enormous demands of this FE. {sigh}

Edited on 11/10/2016 at 1:58:45 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 10, 16 2:02 PM
Little Pink Boxes......aka Gift for a Friend..........ah.....the fodder for much discussion.....

On the one hand, it has been determined by gohill and confirmed by others (including myself) that the drop rate is approximately every 2.6% to 2.7% of the time or at a rate of 1 every 38 to 40 rooms.

On the other hand......while my percentages are holding, the boxes are quite erratic in actually falling from said HOSs.........I went about 200 rooms without seeing/getting even 1.....then I got 4 within the space of about 100 HOSs. They are currently dropping just a tad more frequent in my PC game, but they are still roughly every 50 or so HOSs.

I have been playing at least 2 rounds of 79 HOSs a day on that game, and I have 17 more boxes to get so I will have a total of 1000 boxes (42 from last year; the remaining 958 this year) to place under trees. I will be happy to get that last box so I can be less active in that game.

Just an additional note....on my iPad (main game), I intend to have great fun doling out the over 2000 boxes I currently have in inventory!!! Wahoo....good times coming.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 10, 16 2:07 PM
Soon be time to bring out last Xmas Temporary Friends list and dust it down. I wonder how many are still playing? It will take all morning to load the lot up again. And then locate this year's batch to add to them
How are you all going to cope doling out so many (?2000) gift boxes in the 5 weeks of the event?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 10, 16 2:07 PM
I just did the total numbers again......The best percentage I have gotten was when I had around 32,706 HOSs.....at that time I had 857 pink boxes, so the percentage was 2.62031% or 1 every 38.16 HOS

The current percentage is a bit higher....
38,131 HOSs.....983 boxes ..... 2.57795% or 1 every 38.79 HOSs

The drop rate has not really increased for me during the Fall event. In fact, at the beginning, they fell much less frequently.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 10, 16 2:09 PM
playingthegame wrote:Soon be time to bring out last Xmas Temporary Friends list and dust it down. I wonder how many are still playing? It will take all morning to load the lot up again. And then locate this year's batch to add to them
How are you all going to cope doling out so many (?2000) gift boxes in the 5 weeks of the event?

Many of my last year Christmas friends have stayed with my iPad game.....they did not delete me, nor did I delete them......gifting was optional and it still is....

So, I probably will not be adding any new friends during this year's event.

imqc8
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by imqc8 on Nov 10, 16 2:14 PM
I have almost forgotten what those little pink boxes look like (had to check my inventory and brush off the dust) LOL
I, too, will fail at seeing Mrs. Claus again. I can do 2-3 rounds through my HOSs and never see one. When one does drop, I'm stunned to say the least. I started playing in May of 2015 and from May til Christmas 2015 event I had approx. 400 boxes. This year, the WHOLE year and I have only received about 200. Maybe in years to come I may eventually snag her, LOL My rate of getting those boxes dropped tremendously once the Christmas event started last year. I may get one after 150-200 HOSs.
Now, back to castle to continue to get one more silver chest for my newest game. 2 out of 3 were easy but now I'm having no luck. Limited amt of pets, food, etc. as this game is lower level, but I've made it this far so gotta give it my best shot.

Edited on 11/10/2016 at 2:27:46 PM PST

[Post New]by Jackie133 on Nov 10, 16 2:30 PM
Can anyone remember the date Christmas event started last year.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Nov 10, 16 3:21 PM
ETA: I just ran the numbers & it's still 2.563575%. Not a better drop rate - I'm just getting more because I'm doing that many more HOS than usual because of the enormous demands of this FE. {sigh}

Desertdruid,

The Fall Event is the only reason that I'm as close as I am. I've made a special effort to play more rounds, and I've gained about 40 boxes just during the Event. I can only hope that the drop rate increases during the Christmas Event, because I'll be frustratingly close otherwise.

Can anyone remember the date Christmas event started last year.

Jackie133,

That might be in the mods update thread where they post every time there's an update, and have since the beginning of the game. I'd check it now, but I can't do that and comment at the same time! It's in the list of mod threads at the top of the thread list.

Astra

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Nov 10, 16 3:37 PM
We got an update on Dec 2, & the Christmas event started soon after that. The update thread doesn't say, btw.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Nov 10, 16 5:32 PM
You need 1,000 for the third level with the Mrs. Claus avatar.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Collen57
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Collen57 on Nov 10, 16 5:45 PM
Is there a limit to the number of friends you can leave gift boxes for in a day? I didn't do it at all last year, I didn't know what they were for. Thank you!

Go to: