bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 12, 16 12:29 AM
Grandma Studios Limited presents the newest addition to the Whispered Secrets series! After surviving a shipwreck, you think all of your troubles are behind you. That is until you discover the local townspeople are under the influence of a mystical force's song. Can you uncover the Siren's secrets before it's too late, or will you fall victim to her melody? Find out in this exhilarating hidden-object puzzle adventure!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 12, 16 5:51 AM
Played the demo, loved it, bought the game, played some more, and enjoy it so far.

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Nov 12, 16 6:32 AM
This particular game to me is pretty lame. I don't understand how this is chosen as a collector edition. With the cost of playing games, I have to be very careful with what I choose to buy, and this one isn't it. Not even as good as a regular game.

Sorry Valdy, I always agree with your reviews, but not on this one.
Was so hoping for a good one for the weekend.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Nov 12, 16 6:38 AM
When I played the beta some time ago, I didn't like it. There have been made changes to the (much) better! The game by now has real charm and I agree with you, Valdy, this is going to be a good one!

Haven't decided to buy yet, as the sale this weekend is not overwhelming. On the other hand, just having learned a new rather magic ability I want to use it.......

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 12, 16 8:28 AM
I just finished the main game, and did like it a lot. Usually I get bored very quickly, but I did manage to play through the game without getting tired of it.

The one Collectable (crystal) was a bit of a let-down, but I bought this game and another CE with yesterday's code (BOGOF), so in effect I only paid the SE price.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 12, 16 10:16 AM
I was unimpressed with the game when I did a beta. My notes say, "Unclear direction, murky graphics, difficulty backing out of close-up scenes, long lags." But, things often improve before a game is released, so I decided to try the demo. It downloaded and installed with no problem. However, I can't play it because of "unknown error." So, I guess I won't find out if there were any improvements in the game play. Too bad. I'd like another game, and I have all the others in this series.

Edited on 11/12/2016 at 10:20:21 AM PST

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Nov 12, 16 2:15 PM
Another dreadful, boring game with childish, blue graphics, rehashed story, wonky mouth movements & a character that can retrieve items, dispatch zombies, do tasks & put blinders on a horse all while driving a wagon going at full speed. What a guy!!!

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Nov 13, 16 11:43 AM
I enjoyed the demo but I do wish the devs would stop using that hand fist uncurling icon as I find it very distracting & I think other players would too.

I'm going to place this in my BOGO sale folder as I didn't enjoy it enough to pay full or even 3/4's price, plus I've still got about 4 games to play

Kam

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 13, 16 5:48 PM
nontechiegrannie wrote:Another dreadful, boring game with childish, blue graphics, rehashed story, wonky mouth movements & a character that can retrieve items, dispatch zombies, do tasks & put blinders on a horse all while driving a wagon going at full speed. What a guy!!!

Ummm.......the detective is a woman.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 13, 16 6:00 PM
I couldn't help laughing when Noel handed me what he had found, that could help fix the filtering machine............. 'A bunch of stuff'! Well that is exactly what I needed, how did he know!?

Go to: