Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 12, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/12/2016 at 6:43:20 AM PST

[Post New]by MazsMom on Nov 12, 16 5:47 AM

Edited on 11/12/2016 at 6:55:05 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Nov 12, 16 5:53 AM
I clicked "play" button and Unknown exception in runO came up. Never heard of that. What is it Fishies?
Windows XP. Even with that, I can still download most games.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Song of Sorrow Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Nov 12, 16 6:06 AM
Trying to play the demo, but all of the zoom windows are moving sooo slow, even getting hung up, not sure if trying to play the demo is even worth the effort.

Tia7550
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Tia7550 on Nov 12, 16 6:33 AM
I bought this game and another one , and it says I bought them both, but neither one of them will download. I have a p.c. internet explorer. the demos downloaded just fine, but after I bought the games they won't download. That is very strange that neither one of them will load? Can u please explain why this is happening? Or reemberse me for them. There is no reason why they shouldn't down load if they did in the demos. Will u please respond as soon as u can.
I have xp computer

Edited on 11/12/2016 at 6:36:28 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Nov 12, 16 6:42 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear people are experiencing these issues in the game. When people encounter problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by butterflydee89 on Nov 12, 16 6:46 AM
Having same problem as cabanaeast18. Click play and box comes up that says: Unknown exception in run0. I have Windows Vista.

[Post New]by lisa_mafia on Nov 12, 16 7:19 AM
PLEASE HELP
I have a bug in chapter 4:the backyard. I'm missing the piece of the archive clue.
Hint keeps sending me back & forth from the archive to the backyard.

Tia7550
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Tia7550 on Nov 12, 16 7:34 AM
ok now I'm really getting frustrated, I did what they suggested, and the same thing happened. I go to my history and click install, and on the screen where it should install, it just says there are no games to play. They suggested to do that dr.felix thing. That is way to complicated for me to do. Can someone from tech call me. I'm not putting my number on here, cause everyone else can read it. But u can e-mail me. You already have my e-mail. Please Please someone help. This has never happened b4. I have bought 99% of your collector edition games. and you know that is a lot of money, plus the game club I pay for every month.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Nov 12, 16 7:40 AM
Having same problem as cabanaeast18. Click play and box comes up that says: Unknown exception in run0. I have Windows XP.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Nov 12, 16 8:05 AM
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.

I could play the game but several minutes after starting, encountered a freeze. Used the Windows key to get out of the game to see if an error message was displaying and got the same Unknown exception in run ( ) that those with XP are describing. I shut down the game and restarted. Didn't lose any progress and (so far) the game is playing without error. Hope it continues that way.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 12, 16 2:11 PM
no tech issues at all - game runs quite smoothly - using win 8.1 - I rarely have a problem with any game. (whew !)

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Nov 12, 16 3:35 PM
Hi All,

I wanted to stop by here to offer help for the problems people have been seeing in this game.

I understand that some people are seeing an error come up in the game when they go to play it. I'm going to make sure to pass along these posts to the appropriate team, and in the meantime our help articles may also be useful. I've gone ahead and included a couple below that can help when errors are coming up or when items are missing from the game:

Run Game as Administrator

If these issues include we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools to use that information to provide customized assistance for problems like these, and our Reps are always happy to help.

Tia7550, I'm sorry to hear that this problem is still happening. At this time we don't have a phone support line available for use. However, if you reach out to our Technical Support Team one of our Reps can get back to you. Additionally, while we encourage including one of those Dr. Felix Reports if you're able, if there's any trouble please feel free to let the Rep know when contacting them. They'll certainly be willing to assist as best they can.

Thank you all for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by bluesmuse on Nov 12, 16 8:39 PM
lisa_mafia wrote:PLEASE HELP
I have a bug in chapter 4:the backyard. I'm missing the piece of the archive clue.

Exact same issue.. need a little help pls

[Post New]by sandekw on Nov 12, 16 8:45 PM
Got the "Unknown exception in run0" message 3 times in a row just after first "bubble" scene underwater. Tried restarting each time but can't seem to get past this point in the game.

Windows7

Brennz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Brennz on Nov 13, 16 12:17 AM
lisa_mafia wrote:PLEASE HELP

You went to the Strategy guide? All the answers to where you are stuck are there.

Brennz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Brennz on Nov 13, 16 12:19 AM
stuckinhell wrote:Trying to play the demo, but all of the zoom windows are moving sooo slow, even getting hung up, not sure if trying to play the demo is even worth the effort.

I turn off the special effects when this happens.
Can't tell the difference to be honest.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Nov 13, 16 4:45 AM
Archive piece: I had to start all over with a new profile. It worked.. Didn't take long to get back to the place where the "bug" is.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 13, 16 12:21 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the issues that are being experienced while playing this game. We are continuing to pass along any information about issues that players are encountering, so we appreciate the continued reports. In the meantime, if you haven't already tried some of the steps from our Help Pages, they may be able to quickly resolve the issues that are being reported here:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help. If you are unable to provide that report, please still reach out, our Reps will do everything they can to help as best they can.

ghostguide2002, thank you for reporting that after restarting the game on a new profile, you were able to find that archive piece and not encounter the issue previously reported. I've provided this information to the right teams so that they have this information while investigating. Thanks for your time, and I hope you are able to continue enjoying the game.

I hope that the above steps were able to help out with what is being seen, and if there are any other questions, please do not hesitate to PM any of our active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

LadyBe205
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBe205 on Nov 13, 16 2:00 PM
I'm running Windows 10 and I keep getting a different error message. Mine says - boost::filesystem::unique_path: Key not valid for use in specified state

Go to: