Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Legendary Slide here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 14, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/14/2016 at 5:20:41 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Legendary Slide here.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 14, 16 3:25 AM
This could possibly be an interesting take-off on the usual Majong type games except for one thing. The instructions of HOW to play are at the most "vague" and it is frustrating knowing moves are possible but how to make them unknown. I gave it 3 levels before I just said the heck with it and will be un-installing it now.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 14, 16 5:21 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Legendary Slide here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Legendary Slide.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Nov 14, 16 5:23 AM
I stopped at the third level also. I remember playing this years ago and it didn't get that difficult until the third or fourth temple. Why not program fun games like this for those of us who are not as "quick" as others? Uninstall...

A FEW DAYS LATER: ok, I reinstalled the earlier game (Legendary Mahjong) and replayed that. The Slider puzzles were easier and I liked them so much. So I practiced and did ok. Now I'm going to buy this one.

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 2:24:56 PM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 14, 16 6:13 AM
miss_marigold11 wrote:This could possibly be an interesting take-off on the usual Majong type games except for one thing. The instructions of HOW to play are at the most "vague" and it is frustrating knowing moves are possible but how to make them unknown. I gave it 3 levels before I just said the heck with it and will be un-installing it now.

That's where I threw the towel, too..... Lousy instructions, no hint button to be seen.......This one is getting canned. I play games to relax, not to get annoyed.

[Post New]by yoyo232yoyo on Nov 14, 16 6:18 AM
I agree with all the above uninstalling no instructions level 2 ice brick " you can only move it if....." if what? it wont let you scroll down to see I tried starting 3 times before giving up at level 3

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Nov 14, 16 7:58 AM
No real tutorials. If they gave real instructions, this game would have been a keeper. Sadly, I could not get beyond level 5 because I did not know how to clear the sand bricks at all and tried many different things with no luck.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 14, 16 9:16 AM
Hello Everyone!

As it happens, I am replaying Legendary Mahjong so was excited to see another version of the Mahjong game ..... until I got to the 'slide' part . No instructions, no hint button, no purchase for me!

Have to agree with the rest of the gang .... made it to Level 3 and ..... uninstall. Sigh.

Happy Monday Gang!

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Nov 14, 16 12:29 PM
I only made it to level 2...no idea what to do with the ice

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Nov 14, 16 2:16 PM
I loved Legendary Mahjong and the Slide variant became my favourite, for being fresh, different and brain bending! I hoped that one day I would see Slide again, as a game in its own right and voila, wish has come true!

While there is the matching element of Mahjong, Slide is much more of a thinking game. It requires patience, logical thinking and strategy. As new elements are introduced, clues are given but there's no hand-holding. You figure out for yourself what needs to be done and how the new elements work. I love this!

As there's no timer, Slider is relaxing, while being great brain exercise. It's an instant purchase for me and I am very happy!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 14, 16 4:23 PM
This game is obviously not for everyone.

I have become bored with the standard Mahjong game but this one is different and challenging enough to mitigate my boredom. Some of the levels are a bit daunting but It is very rewarding when you persevere and you finally figure them out and realize they weren't as hard as you thought they were.

Not sure why the devs didn't at least include a hint button.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Nov 14, 16 11:57 PM
Okay, this is a really, really challenging game. Many people have problems getting just past Level 3. I got past it, but seemed random and not really make sense. I love a challenge, but this game seems too random. And if no hints, plus people confused, and only 60 mininutes it just seems like everyone gives up, including me.. I just do not understand why the ice melts when it is NOT a MATCHING? That makes no sense!!! That is only way I got past level 3. Now on 4, but why? No sense.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Nov 15, 16 3:37 AM
I've played 50 minutes of the demo so far, with no problems as to lack of instructions. The lack of instructions is part of the intended puzzle, as far as I can see, rather than an oversight. The first time working on a puzzle, you have to figure out the new features a bit; then start the level over once you have an idea of how to work it.

For me, it has made sense. I don't know what situations others are running into that makes it seem otherwise for them. Although I don't claim to have any real *control* over the sand, I haven't had a problem with the ice acting weird.

Edited on 11/15/2016 at 3:40:46 AM PST

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Legendary Slide here has no fun factor

[Post New]by beckins on Nov 15, 16 8:31 AM
Yes I do get that this is a brain game, but...there is no enjoyment in starting a level over half a dozen or more times with the same results. I made it to level 5 I believe but, once again, there is a "hole" in the board and once your last tile goes into the hole, nothing moves. Instructions would have been much appreciated and, perhaps, a tutorial showing the kinds of moves one can make. I was really excited about this new mahjong but the excitement soon wore off once the levels became nothing more than "do over, do over, do over." This game could have been a winner but it's going in my "not a chance" file instead.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Nov 15, 16 12:47 PM
this is a fiendish puzzle game, a real brain bender. thank you to whoever thought it up. played through the demo without realising how much time i had spent on just 6 levels. i have bought it, and hope i don't lose too much time today.

MrsBen
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBen on Nov 17, 16 12:07 PM
I think this is a great game!! I will admit it is VERY challenging, but whoever created it must have been a genius! I say Well Done - you did good! I very much love figuring out strategy and solving puzzles and I don't mind getting immersed in them. I see that many people don't agree, but we are all different and I am glad that I have a TON of BFG games to fall back on if my patience occasionally wears thin.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Nov 17, 16 2:48 PM
I really liked Legendary Mahjong and the slider temple was my favorite. Now a whole game of this type of puzzle! (happy dance)

Yes, you have to think and no, not much in the way of directions. But come on! Don't you want to be challenged more than "how do I find the walkthru" if you can't get it in the first 15 seconds?

I'm over 60 years old and I am at level 28. Yes, I had to play some levels several times and one level was making me crazy so I left and went back later and got the Ah Ha then. That is so rewarding to me.

Hint: Look closely at the layout and construction of the thing before you begin. You will notice things like, tiles will slide Under the sand. Or, you will need to build bridges with free tiles to get to some of the other ones.

This is a game that will take a while to play and that is fine with me. I just don't see the need to race through every game as fast as possible and if I can't then call it a "bad" game.
(shrug) Each to their own, I guess.

Well done, Game developers.

[Post New]by kandw101 on Nov 18, 16 6:39 AM
tejasgal is right about this game being very good and rewarding. I am 68 and at level 26, which has given me a headache, for real. The Ah Ha moment has not arrived, yet. Give this game a chance, it's worth it.

mrbass1957
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by mrbass1957 on Nov 18, 16 3:08 PM
Ok, after playing thru to level 34, I am well hooked! It is a good game that requires patience. I'll probably be playing this thing for the next 20 yrs trying to solve them all!

PS: I WOULD NOT be mad at a walkthrough though!

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 3:09:37 PM PST

satchel49
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by satchel49 on Nov 19, 16 11:00 AM
absolutely not for everybody. but those who crave a challenge and a game that you won't finish in a single sitting. this one MAY be for you. I bought the game and am at level 40. mind you nearly 2/3 of the levels are only 2 star and that's ok with me! at first I thought it was impossible to do, but I kept at it and did a level several times before I knew which way I had to go. its a game destined for replay! maybe next time I will get 3 stars on them all...who knows? we shall see.

Go to: