bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 14, 16 12:11 PM
Tick-tock… beat the clock!

Uncover the mystery of Huxley’s Boarding House before time runs out!

Come visit Huxley’s Boarding House, home of the mysterious clock tower! We are an exclusive retreat for people who want to get away from it all and learn what life was really like in the Victorian Era – no phones, no technology!

Edited on 11/22/2016 at 6:44:13 AM PST

DethRow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition COMING SOON!

[Post New]by DethRow on Nov 22, 16 12:07 AM
It's here! Hooray!

p7000
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by p7000 on Nov 22, 16 12:29 AM
I never have seen such a meaningless trailer like that for a game before.

A spider crawling upwards a blanket and then a ladys blouse and she opening the eyes when she recognizes the spider.

Is that really meant serious for a trailer? No scenes of HOPs or minigames, nothing. Absolutely nothing what could give only a little imagination, what can be expected in this game.

What the heck?

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Nov 22, 16 8:13 AM
p7000 wrote:I never have seen such a meaningless trailer like that for a game before.

A spider crawling upwards a blanket and then a ladys blouse and she opening the eyes when she recognizes the spider.

Is that really meant serious for a trailer? No scenes of HOPs or minigames, nothing. Absolutely nothing what could give only a little imagination, what can be expected in this game.

What the heck?

I thought the same thing, especially for a CE game.

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cherleadford on Nov 22, 16 6:19 PM
What has happened with these games? Mystery Case Files were wonderful games. This last one is a washout.
Mediocre at the best. I have all their games but this will not be added to my collection

p7000
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by p7000 on Nov 23, 16 1:22 AM
Rob_Blake wrote:I thought the same thing, especially for a CE game.

Nevertheless, after playing the demo, I bought it. But as someone else wrote, this game has nothing to do with the other MCF-games. Strange.

Nefersitra
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nefersitra on Nov 23, 16 2:09 AM
p7000 wrote: But as someone else wrote, this game has nothing to do with the other MCF-games. Strange.

There was the wallet with Madame Fate's head in it and the picture of "the Captain" - who is apparently from another game but I can't place him.

The big link to the other games was Ben - he wants to join the Ghost Patrol. Ghost Patrol is, in the MCF universe, a reality TV show about ghosts. The detective ran across them in Shadow Lake (the last of the BFG MCFs).

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Nov 23, 16 6:39 PM
For all the hype about the release of this game, I am kind of disappointed. I bought it because I have all the others but not thrilled with it. I will play to the end and hope it gets better as I have only played for a short time.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Nov 24, 16 8:19 AM
the Captain, was (I think, could be wrong) the main pirate from The 13th skull ..
I am enjoying this game but think that I will replay the 13th skull after....

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 41273 on Nov 27, 16 2:58 AM
I am thoroughly enjoying this game. It seems as though we expect absolute perfection in every game that is put out now. IMHO this is a good solid game with great graphics, a wide variety of puzzles and certainly a good length. I am getting tired of endless "fairy tale" games and this one makes a nice change.

napapen
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by napapen on Dec 7, 16 1:51 PM
I'm playing this game but there is a lack of Hidden Objects and too many of these strange puzzles with incomplete instructions. And i certainly don't think kids should play as some parts are downright gory!!!

Edited on 12/07/2016 at 1:52:08 PM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Dec 9, 16 10:55 AM
I loved this game. definitly MCF style. just with new characters. last 2 ravenhearst games were not the best. I thought the best ravenhearst games were the ones with Charles dalimar in them. but you can only do same character so many times. so this was a refreshing change to me. the way this ended makes it look like more of this series. bring them on.

Go to: