second part of clue for the archive in backjard

[Post New]by carla7 on Nov 15, 16 4:47 AM
I've seem to have missed the second part of the clue needed for the archive in the backyard and I can't go back. How do get the second part of the clue???

Christian_
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:second part of clue for the archive in backjard

[Post New]by Christian_ on Nov 15, 16 8:58 AM
i too am stuck on the archive, it just keeps sending me inside, or outside. what did I miss.....Help!!!!!!

[Post New]by lakesyd on Nov 15, 16 11:30 AM
I can't advance either from the backyard to the archive

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Nov 15, 16 1:07 PM
Unfortunately, after replaying to make sure about when you receive the archive pieces, and if it was possible to miss getting them, it is clear that there is definitely a glitch in this game for some people, as both pieces should be gotten automatically during gameplay progression and the only way someone would not have them both was if there was a glitch about this feature.

The first part is in chapter 3 in 'main street' in the broken window, and is just entitled clue part. After removing the plaque and reading through the book the part automatically goes into your inventory. You have to read through the book in order to reveal the box underneath where you place the medallion and the shell.

The second piece is also given to you automatically after you have played the mini game on the wall in the archivists house, where you place the map and the map parts and you receive at the end of it a scroll.
The game automatically goes into a cut scene of the archivist talking to you and you get the 2nd clue part entitled 'clue part' and a stone prism, then you have to leave the house via the back door because zombies are attacking.

I will point out that the first time I played the game, when I had completed the map mini game, there was a slight problem with the playing of the cut scene after, when the archivist talks to you, and I was kicked out of the game.
When I went back in, everything was fine, I entered right after the end of the cut scene and I had both the clue piece and the stone prism.
This was the only issue that I had throughout the entire game.

Because of this issue at this specific point in the gameplay i.e. when you are supposed to receive the second clue piece of the archive clue, I imagine that this is where there is some kind of glitch for some people that means that they are not receiving it in their inventory.

If you do not get both pieces where I have described, then you have experienced a glitch, it makes no difference that when you reach the backyard you can no longer go back to the previous locations where these items were received, because the glitch is with them not being put automatically into your inventory, not being unable to return.
Sorry guys

p7000
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by p7000 on Nov 16, 16 1:57 PM
Same here. I played the minigame and left the arcivists house,did not give him the scroll and did not get the 2nd clue. and the Prisma. went off with boat and am stuck now in the Archive with only 1st part of the clue.
cant go back :.(((

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Dec 3, 16 1:49 PM
I am in the *exact* situation. of course, it's after I purchased the game!

[Post New]by Playingxyz on Dec 5, 16 7:51 AM
I have the same problem and I refuse to start over.

Christian_
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Christian_ on Mar 18, 17 2:47 PM
so what is big fish doing about it? I hate having a game i paid for and not be able to complete it! I am stuck in the archive, it keeps going in and out. I may have to restart a 3rd time to see if it straightens out. I'm sending this on 3/18/17, Hope we get refunded!!!!

Go to: