Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 16, 16 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/16/2016 at 6:27:17 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 16, 16 6:27 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Grumbleputty on Nov 17, 16 8:28 AM
Just an FYI, your product page for Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds has a dead link to a Walkthrough, at least for the PC version

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Nov 17, 16 12:19 PM
Hi Grumbleputty,

Thank you for taking the time to report this here. I'm sorry to hear that the link on the page for this game doesn't seem to be working.

I've taken a look, and it looks like that link on the product page is working to redirect me to the walkthrough for this game. It may be the case that something was adjusted since you made that post. In case you'd like to take a look I've included a link directly to that walkthrough below, as well as to the game page on our site:

Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds Walkthrough
Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds

If that page still isn't loading it may help to try using a different browser to to clear the cache of the one you're using. I've included a few help articles with information on doing this below:

Supported Web Browsers
Clear Browser Cache

Hopefully those help articles will assist in troubleshooting this, however if you're still seeing problems loading the page I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always willing to help as best they can.

I hope this has been able to help, and thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Mystdee2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Mystdee2 on Nov 21, 16 9:17 AM
I am playing with WIN 10, the game crashes with the first click after the intro I have tried 4 times this happens each time with pop up message as follows. . . . .
Error: Access violation at 0x0077343 (tried to write 0x09A45000) program terminated

also tried reinstalling the game, still same message and crash

Edited on 11/21/2016 at 11:32:28 AM PST

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Nov 22, 16 10:00 AM
In Parliament Square, we are supposed to rub a pencil over a page. Endlessly. At first I thought only part would appear as a rubbing. I put down the pencil, tried to pick up the page, no go. I requested a hint and was sent back to the pencil and paper. Eventually got the entire tracing but still cannot advance. Every day I enter the game, rub a bit more.Nothing new shows up.Still can't pick up the page or advance. STupid game.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 22, 16 11:06 AM
Hello Mystdee2 and beadfisher,

Thank you both for taking the time to report these issues with this game here. It sounds like there is a crashing issue as well as one of the puzzles or items not allowing progress as expected. I wanted to swim by and provide some preliminary troubleshooting steps that can help out in these situations as well as how to receive more assistance should it be necessary.

Mystdee2, since the game sounds like it is crashing at a specific point with an access violation error and that reinstalling the game didn't seem to help, I want to recommend trying to run the game as an Administrator because this may help resolve the access violation being seen:

Run Game as Administrator

If the above steps do not seem to work, since this game is being played on Windows 10, the following troubleshooting guide has steps specifically for that operating system:

Windows 10

Beadfisher, since it sounds like the game is not allowing you to proceed past that point, what I recommend is also trying to run the game as an Administrator using the steps provided above. That may help the game realize that it needs to continue past the creation of the pencil rub. If playing on Windows 10, the above Windows 10 specific guide may be able to help as well if running the game as an Administrator doesn't.

For any player that uses the above steps and the issues continue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you both for your time and patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Mystdee2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Mystdee2 on Nov 22, 16 11:48 AM
I tried to run as admin but it doesn't come up when Right clicking on the icon like it normally would.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 23, 16 9:58 AM
Hi Mystdee2,

Thank you for taking the time to try the troubleshooting steps that bfgIlinalta mentioned. Since it sounds like further troubleshooting is needed because the icon isn't appearing as it should, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. A screenshot may help aid in the investigation. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below. The support team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance based on your computer's configurations.

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Dec 13, 16 7:38 PM
Beadfisher wrote:In Parliament Square, we are supposed to rub a pencil over a page. Endlessly. At first I thought only part would appear as a rubbing. I put down the pencil, tried to pick up the page, no go. I requested a hint and was sent back to the pencil and paper. Eventually got the entire tracing but still cannot advance. Every day I enter the game, rub a bit more.Nothing new shows up.Still can't pick up the page or advance. STupid game.

I got through this by, in frustration, stopping rubbing and starting clicking. But, having proceeded, got the lion, opened the drawer, I am being sent back to the same view, and nothing is happening. I went to the walkthrough and learned I am supposed to move the papers in the drawer in order to pick up the gavel under them. But they won't move. I can see a bit of the gavel peeking out on the right, but I can't pick it up. I have not looked yet to see whether anyone has had this problem in the CE but that will be my next step.

Running Windows 8. I have been running the Game MANAGER as an administrator for a few years now, and that seems to help, but there is still the occasional issue.

No, no one had this problem with the CE - but I managed to solve it myself. I left the room, fiddled with the cabinet lever until it is where it needs to be when I get the gavel, then returned to the room, and was able to move the papers and get the gavel.

Edited on 12/13/2016 at 7:49:39 PM PST

mamatooch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mamatooch on Jan 5, 17 10:02 AM
Thanks, Underwriter! I was having the pencil rubbing problem, too, and I was about to give up and delete the game. After I read your solution, I tried it and it worked. I really appreciate the help.

seraph909
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Glitch "Riff Generator:Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Train: Clashing Worlds here.

[Post New]by seraph909 on Jan 20, 17 11:03 AM
The area by the train where Hint says to fix Riff Generator, points to Left lower front ground, and to the Tree area by the post. There is nothing in either place and no Items will respond there. Also Hint does not work in the room with the Spheres even though the Hint directs you there. At this point the game will not progress, there are NO OPTIONS. HELP

seraph909
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by seraph909 on Jan 21, 17 12:05 AM
All the items in the fountain were not allowed to be picked up: had to exit there, when I returned the fountain step would not open. Hint says to Disrupt Rif Generator, points to lower left street area and then to the right area within the tree next to the lamp. Items available to use, Rif repair token, green object, nothing will go to either area. I uninstalled, re-installed from BF site Games list, and it installed with me at the same hopeless spot. I need the items from the fountain. Also in the room with the three Spheres where there should be something to do, the Hint does not work at all.

Go to: