rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Resources needed to build monuments re shippers

[Post New]by rrrrob on Nov 16, 16 5:17 PM
I wonder if anyone else has thought of this, especially the Shippers because I know there's a lot of us out there. After I build a monument in a city I begin shipping to build the next monument but I never know how many of which resources I will need until I reach the monument and click on it. I sometimes get a clue as to what the 10 item mission is but sometimes I have been shipping say blues and then I come upon a HH with a million blues and I have already shipped close to that so I wasted all that shipping power when its pinks I'll be short of. Anyone interested in starting a list for each monument or will that take the fun out of it? Just wondering?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Resources needed to build monuments re shippers

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 16, 16 6:09 PM
I have often thought of that but figured it was sort of taking a lot of the strategy out of the game. But for sure folks need warning about some of the monuments which require horrendous amounts of resources and green gems in that group of awfully difficult cities. In the later ones there is a series where you have to do the 10 level missions for certain but then in later ones shipping will get you there. I am in Monaco and haven't had to buy a helping hand in the last 5 cities and in a couple I haven't even done all the intern levels. I tend to go back and do those if I am waiting on ships to arrive. I have a severe dislike of spending coins if I can avoid it!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 18, 16 7:25 AM
Although I do not ship, I think this is a good idea, and should include all rewards/costs in Helping Hands, so that there is a complete picture. And no, I don't think this will take the fun out of the game. Knowing the requirements/rewards in advance helps to better formulate a strategy.

I have currently started London in my second game and can start posting. I could reserve a couple of posts and complete them as I go. My other game is midway through Mexico.

Or, better yet, we can do something similar to the resources thread: One person (rrrrob?) will post/ update all lists, and everyone else will be posting piecemeal information and then delete it as soon as incorporated in the grand list???

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 18, 16 12:28 PM
I have kept most of the requirements in Istanbul and a few in other cities and am now keeping them in Monaco so I can contribute if someone will set up the thread and keep track of the contributions?

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Nov 22, 16 7:53 AM
Hi Trav3lbird and Eli173:

Thanks for the positive feedback and comments. I agree someone should keep the list and update it like pdominian does with the best levels to replay for resources. I'm not certain however if I'm tech savvy enough to do that. For example when he moves it to the bottom of the posts I'm sure he doesn't retype the whole list or does he, as that would take a tremendous amount of time? Lets see if there are any volunteers who would like to take this on and if not I will make an attempt but will probably need a fair bit of help.

I see the list being similar to pdominian's in it would look something like this:

Sydney (should be bold and underlined but using the tools above I just get letters)

Australian National Maritime Museum (bold)
Bricks??? (no other resources needed at this point)
Helping hand 1 ????
Helping Hand 2 ????
Helping hand 3 ????
10 item mission - in this case its a resource mart

Chinese Garden of Friendship
Bricks ???? etc. etc. etc.

This list will be huge compared to pdominian's which even he has broken up into parts so this one may have to be done 3 cities at a time. Also I play on a PC like Eli so I would need someone to forward all the information about any city after Capetown. We could get the moderators to create a sticky like they did for pdominian's list.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited on 11/22/2016 at 8:48:10 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 22, 16 8:02 AM
Sounds like what we need is a wiki rather than a forum thread.

ETA: or put the info about city X in the help thread for city X?

Edited on 11/22/2016 at 9:25:39 AM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 22, 16 9:46 AM
I'm not tech savvy at all. Pretty basic but will contribute if someone else sets up whatever is the easiest.

jessara
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by jessara on Nov 23, 16 8:34 AM
Well, for Big Ben, level 60 in London, you need 350,000 bricks, 1,200,000 hats, 500,000 pink gems and 5 green gems.

There's a helping hand at level 54 offering 500,000 pink gems and 5 green gems for 750,000 bricks and you can buy 900,000 bricks and 1,000,000 hats for 500 coins at level 57.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 23, 16 9:48 AM
Marrakesh 90 : 2,130,000 bricks, 2,120,000 hats, 1,950,000 pinks, 35 green gems
100. 1,945,000 bricks. 1,800,000 hats. 2,160,000 pinks. 45 green gems.
110. 2,960,000 bricks. 2,120,000 hats. 1,140,000 pinks. 45 green gems.
120. 2,370,000 bricks 2,000,000 hats. 2,650,000 pinks. 40 green gems
HH 118 - $200 gives 2.2mil bricks and 1.85mil hats
107 - $250 gives 1.95 mil hats and 1 mil bricks
103 - 1.5 mil pinks gives 1.8 mil bricks and 45 green gems
69 - 2.5 mil (could be 250,000) bricks gives 1.5 hats and 45 gems
Please note that in the HH I am not sure if the numbers are millions or hundred thousand as in my notes I have only put 2.2 and no further definition!
Hope this helps someone.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 23, 16 12:09 PM
I can start a new thread and prepare posts for all PC cities, ie up to Cape Town. Is there anyone willing to add the rest afterwards?

We will then see if people come up with the data to fill the posts.

Edited on 11/23/2016 at 12:09:51 PM PST

Go to: