bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 17, 16 12:29 AM
Big Fish Editor's Choice! This title was chosen for its high standard of quality and amazingly positive reviews from our Game Club beta testers.

ERS Game Studios proudly presents the newest installment of the PuppetShow series!

A doctor in Oldern Town has called you in to investigate the recent death of his wife. The town thinks she took her own life, but he knows that can't be the case. You're hoping this will be a simple case, but there are puppets that have other things in mind. Can you save the people of the town before it's too late, or will you become their next victim? Find out in this captivating hidden-object puzzle adventure!

See what our Beta testers had to say:

“Fantastic graphics, storyline and puzzles. This is incredible! I can't wait for it to be released to the public, I'm very certain you have a smash hit on your hands!â€?  - Shauna, beta tester

“This is an absolutely brilliant game! ERS has upped the stakes once again with this creepy addition to the Puppet series. Some new takes on mini games as well. Cannot wait for this to be released. It's a big YES from me!!â€?  - Janet, beta tester

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 17, 16 4:14 AM
Another one so soon? I will try the Demo but am not hopeful as this seems to have come out pretty quickly after the last one. Personally, I think this series is getting a bit stale and has not been good since about the third one or maybe even the second one. Each one since then has seemed to me to be a stretch and has been losing the creativity that I loved in the first game. The two Reviews on the game page this morning demonstate what has been my disappointment for some time. I did like the last one (only a month ago I think) more than the previous two or three and it is on my "To Buy" list. ERs is one of my favorite DEVs, having made some excellent games. The art is always top notch and is something that causes me to buy when the games are not especially of interest which is why, despite the Reviews, I will try this one. I dislike "Helpers" very much and so, no matter how good this game might be, it seems as though the Helper could be the thing that will keep me from buying even if I do decide that I like the story and game play. ERs, I think you may have benefitted to hold this one back a while, maybe even until the New Year but i do wish you well.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 17, 16 6:55 AM
Good graphics, yes. But otherwise to me nothing that makes me want to get this game. We have a "little helper" ....how nice..... we have a lot of chatter and cut scenes .... pet peeve of mine.... and as far as I got into the game - which was about 15 minutes and then my screen went black and I had to do a hard shut down... - not much to do and what there is to do doesn't require much thought. Either this game would have done better with some more thought or just lay this series to rest once and for all.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 16 7:04 AM
I liked the previous PuppetShow games, and I like this one. And what a joy!! It's Winter, and snowing, and almost like Christmas. I also like the nicely done menu at the bottom of the screen. Again, almost like Christmas.

As with all ERS games, I love the graphics and characters in this one too, and I am having a great time playing.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention that we collect roses, which can be used...

Edited on 11/17/2016 at 7:21:40 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 17, 16 9:07 AM
Valdy wrote:I liked the previous PuppetShow games, and I like this one. And what a joy!! It's Winter, and snowing, and almost like Christmas. I also like the nicely done menu at the bottom of the screen. Again, almost like Christmas.

As with all ERS games, I love the graphics and characters in this one too, and I am having a great time playing.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention that we collect roses, which can be used...

I agree with you Valdy! I'm a huge fan of this Series! I am also one of the biggest fans of this Developers games! Are they similar, yes...but all games in the same series are similar. But, this Series is a cut above the rest!!!!!!!
Lisa

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Nov 17, 16 10:54 AM
I agree with Valdi and Miss Lisa !! ERS is one of the top developers and I especially love the Puppet Show series. I have all the others and have really enjoyed playing them. I don't remember seeing another developer who has a puppet series. At least it isn't witches, ghosts, etc. puppets add a change. Can't wait to get this one also. Thank you ERS !! ?? ??

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 17, 16 11:11 AM
bwake47 wrote:I agree with Valdi and Miss Lisa !! ERS is one of the top developers and I especially love the Puppet Show series. I have all the others and have really enjoyed playing them. I don't remember seeing another developer who has a puppet series. At least it isn't witches, ghosts, etc. puppets add a change. Can't wait to get this one also. Thank you ERS !! ?? ??

I agree with "bwake47" ...I'm so tired of the dark haunting & ghostly depressing games. Evil little Puppets...make me feel warm and fuzzy all over. LOL

I do love them so much! I find them charming and very cute...and inventive. Not to mention...always getting into some kind of trouble. Great story lines in this Series.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Nov 17, 16 12:48 PM
Just a note on the "helpers", I must be the only one that likes them.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 17, 16 3:06 PM
I agree with Valdy, LovetoMissLisa, and bwake 47.

I never tire of the Puppet Show series. Don't think I have missed one. I say keep them coming for those of us who still enjoy playing them. So tired of witches, ghosts etc.

In what other game can you find a doll head running around on a spider like mechanical body?

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Nov 17, 16 3:52 PM
mhatfie wrote:In what other game can you find a doll head running around on a spider like mechanical body?

Actually, a couple of very similar puppets turned up in the bonus section of "Grim Tales: Crimson Hollow (I remeber there being a discussion about it at the time).

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 16 12:08 AM
aalaurie wrote:Just a note on the "helpers", I must be the only one that likes them.

Not at all. I like helpers, so long they keep still and don't move about all the time, as some of them do.

--- --- ---

Edited to add that I have now finished the game.

Loved the main game and the bonus chapter.

I really enjoyed the part where you can use the collectables to change your appearance.

Also, some of the HOS were really nicely done, as were most of the mini games.

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 5:05:44 AM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Dec 19, 16 5:35 PM
I don't know. They kind of lost me when the doctor sat around and let the woman detective fix the carriage wheel LOL!

Go to: