Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 17, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/17/2016 at 6:30:28 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by issthereauser on Nov 17, 16 4:42 AM
Game locks up when I try to enter my profile name.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 17, 16 6:30 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 17, 16 6:50 AM
Running on windows 7 64 bit, about 15 minutes in I get a black screen.......Since the game is so lame I'm just going to uninstall.

[Post New]by Tamalix on Nov 17, 16 6:51 AM
There is a game-stopping problem for people who still use non-wide screen monitors. I still have a Dell, squarish monitor and when I attempt to restore a winter scene book, the window is not available, the photo-camera doll sits right on top of it. You'd think ERS people have been designing games long enough to foresee these issues. This should be corrected, otherwise you shall have quite a few unhappy customers.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Nov 17, 16 7:26 AM
I am having the same issue. When restoring the book the doll is sitting on some of the items. The Scroll that contains the items is not along the bottom of the frame it is shortened to the middle with no way to scroll across.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Nov 17, 16 7:36 AM
I have come to the conclusion that ERS games are incompatible with Windows 10! Since upgrading, I have been unable to play any of their games without technical issues. I never had this problem with Windows 7. I was unable to Beta test it, as it kept crashing, which has now happened in the demo.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Nov 17, 16 8:09 AM
I haven't had any problem with windows 10, so far no tech problems.

Scottie12 wrote:I have come to the conclusion that ERS games are incompatible with Windows 10! Since upgrading, I have been unable to play any of their games without technical issues. I never had this problem with Windows 7. I was unable to Beta test it, as it kept crashing, which has now happened in the demo.

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Nov 17, 16 9:35 AM
I am having the same issue in the winter scene; can't access the window, because the puppet with the camera is over it.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Nov 17, 16 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been seeing these issues in this game! I definitely understand the frustration these kinds of problems can cause, and we have some help articles available that may be useful in troubleshooting them. For the problems being described here I recommend taking a look at the following, if you haven't done so already:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Additionally, the help article I've included below has steps that can be helpful when issues with the game display is occurring:

Screen Resolution

If anyone continues to experience an issue in the game we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can use the information from that report to provide further, customized assistance and they'll be happy to help.

Additionally, I understand that a few different people are seeing an issue restoring the Winter Scene Book. The above articles may be able to help with this, and I'm also going to go ahead and pass along the posts about this to the appropriate team.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Nov 17, 16 1:17 PM
Same issue here, screen is not compatible with my screen therefore I cant access the window, also black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Also achievements banner keeps getting in the way. Another poor effort by ERS,( at least I got this one to run on W10)

[Post New]by tigerlily142 on Nov 17, 16 2:12 PM
I'm having the same problem other people are having concerning the book. I cannot access the window because it is sitting behind the girl with the camera. Please help. I really like this game.

[Post New]by Tamalix on Nov 17, 16 2:36 PM
The resolution advice is totally asinine. If the game is designed exclusively for wide-screen monitors, which is evidenced by the distortion of, and the black bars on top and bottom of the display window, you can change until you-know-what freezes over and is not going to help to resolve the issue.

[Post New]by SnappyBrat on Nov 17, 16 2:53 PM
I am having the same problem with restoring the winter scene book as Tamalix, A1psyko and Sidney420. Adjusting the screen resolution does not work. Such a bummer! I really enjoy this series, but I will NOT be buying this game unless the issue is resolved

sammybean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sammybean on Nov 17, 16 3:26 PM
I am getting the same access violation code as all the other PuppetShow games that I have tried to play since upgrading to Windows 10.
Very very disappointed that the creators have not come up with a fix yet! I think that is 3 games from this series that I could not play.
I have tried all of the things that Big Fish suggested but all to no avail.
Sad.

[Post New]by debopaints on Nov 17, 16 4:15 PM
My game is shutting down repeatedly and time I try to access the cemetery. This started after I got the key from the raven in the window. Able to move around anywhere else on the map except the only next step in the cemetery. A waste of money if this isn't fixed soon! I'm on a mac OS X yosemite.

[Post New]by Tadfrog1 on Nov 17, 16 7:48 PM
Stupid me paid for a game that I only got 10 mins of enjoyment out of. Can't get the window in the winter scene. Is it going to be fixed or am I going to get a credit.

nefra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nefra on Nov 17, 16 9:35 PM
Can't continue the game because the window in the book is blocked by the girl with the camera. Didn't someone go through the game before it was released to check for this kind of thing. Games that don't work are happening quite a lot and I'm starting to wonder if the frustration and money are worth continuing with Big Fish.

laila60
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by laila60 on Nov 17, 16 10:43 PM
ho lo stesso problema che hanno altri non si può prendere la finestra perchè la bambola è su di essa vorrei sapere come hanno risolto altri

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Nov 18, 16 4:22 AM
I am having a problem with saving the man in the water. I managed to get all the shots but the last one. The green circle flashes so quickly that I can't click in time and there is no "skip" available. Do these developers think their market consists of 15-year olds? I can't progress beyond this point, so I will be requesting a credit for this purchase. This is very disappointing as I have always enjoyed the Puppet games.

UDATE: Tried uninstalling & reinstalling to no avail.

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 5:03:00 AM PST

Go to: