Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post you REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 17, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/17/2016 at 6:30:56 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post you REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 17, 16 6:31 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post you REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 17, 16 10:55 AM
I'm a huge fan of this Series! And this is another great addition to buy for me. I never tire of the story lines or animations & graphics. I think they are some of the best graphics in games to date.

I highly recommend this game. It's worth your time to at least give it a try. But for me, I'm happy to add it to my library of games. This series is in my Top 5 favorite Series.
Enjoy,
Lisa

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Nov 17, 16 11:07 AM
I agree with Miss Lisa. This is one of my favorite series. To my knowledge no other developer has a puppet series. It's such a refreshing change from witches, ghosts, monsters, etc.. ERS is a top developer and one of my favorites. PuppetShow is one of my favorite series. I never tire of their games in this series. I have all the other PuppetSow games and can't wait to add this one to my list, as soon as there is a good sale for me. ?

The graphics are clear, colorful, and spooky. Top notch !! You owe it to yourself to give this game a try and see if you feel the same. ? Happy Gaming Everyone !! ??

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 17, 16 3:05 PM
well - I bought this game (got it on Wednesday's coupon code) - which was a good thing. Graphics, characters, voice-overs - all amazing - and really liked the fact that I could set my own times for hint & skip times. HOWEVER, very disappointed that the only things to collect were "roses" that I could use to upgrade my character appearance !! That was a very disappointing feature.

I really like when the HOPA games have 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 collectible items (including morphing objects) - gives me something more to look around for - and also like the ability (once finished a game & bonus game) to go back and find any of the collectibles I may have missed. Some developers do this, some don't.

I have all of the other Puppetshow games, and liked them all, but this one I found somewhat lame. I bought it because I wanted to play a new game rather than re-play some of my other games.

I would rate this just as a "so-so" game.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Nov 18, 16 8:25 AM
As with all the other PuppetShow games this game is really great. Holds your interest from the very beginning. HOPS are good, as are graphics and storyline. Another buy for my collection.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Nov 19, 16 9:16 AM
Despite nice color and graphics, the chance to choose what character you'll play the game as, and the typical total mix of eras in technology (a defibrillator, a telephone while the men dress rather late - mid-19th century, and women all over the mid to late 19th), I found the mini-games not very interesting, don't remember any HOPs in the 43 minutes I played, and just became more and more bored. I'm sure a good number of people will like this, but I just found it kind of plodding, and not terribly gripping. Also only one collectible, the roses.

[Post New]by nitenurse2001 on Nov 19, 16 5:23 PM
As always, the PuppetShow games are professional, beautifully rendered and animated, and engaging. I don't care about the fact that there is only one collectable to find. Sometimes it's too distracting, although I like the games that allow you to find the collectables after you've finished the bonus game. I'm enjoying this game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 19, 16 7:21 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #10 in this series. As always, I review mostly on the game play and not the story like, as others do a much better job on that than I can. This game is the same as all as all of the others. As with the last one in this series, the graphics are extremely well done. Animation is exceptional, with really nice facial movements. Colors are bright and clear and this game does not have the "fuzzy" overlay that most of the other in this series had. Game play was excellent. The story line is the same as all the others, puppets running amok. Voice overs are very well done, age and character appropriate. We also have emotion and more realism, fear, urgency, etc. The "bad guys" are wearing masks, and their voices actually have that muffled sinister sound you get when you wear a mask. Music is nice, and moves with whatever is happening at the time. Not a lot of sound FX, but enough for more realism. We have a helper in the way of a puppet girl who takes pictures of areas we cannot get into. She is very quiet and unobtrusive. The sound that plays when you find an item is quite annoying.

HOPs are nicely done. Again, lot during the demo, and all I found so far are straight lists. The scenes are clear and items are not difficult to find. I didn't see that we could switch to something else if you get bored with the HOPs. Puzzles were extremely simple and took no time or thought to complete. Nowhere near as good as the last game in the series. Hint system was helpful, but I do not recall the transport being used in this game. There is a tremendous amount of back-tracking in this one as well.

The only collectibles I found are roses that you use to upgrade your character...boring. As I've said many times before, if I'm going to pay the CE price, I want more collectibles. Extremely disappointing.

I like this series, and have all of the others, but I'm just not too sure about this one. It is an okay game, but maybe I'm just tired of the same old same old. Maybe it's time to retire this series, or at least give it a major upgrade. This one is not challenging at all, but the story wasn't too bad. When I beta tested this one, I wasn't all that kicked out about it, giving it only a 3.0, but I'll upgrade to a 3.5 only because of the story. I think at this time, this game will appeal more toward beginners than the seasoned gamer. There will be those who just want a very simple, familiar game, and that's okay...I have many like that. I do not feel that this one is CE worthy, but I will put it in my puddle and give the SE a try. I often will get the SE if I do not care for or feel that the CE is worth the price.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Nov 20, 16 12:13 AM
I know the PuppetShow series probably "jumped the shark" about 5 games back, but I always still buy and play them. At this point, it seems like any would-be villain can get their hands on living puppets. Apparently, we don't need the old puppet maker or his daughter anymore. Presumably, baddies can just order these things from ACME Evil Puppets Inc now.

The last game wasn't great, but I at least enjoyed it. This one was a slog. There was no flow to the game. By the time I stood there and got gassed while contemplating finding a finger for a puppet (why? why would I know I need to find a finger for a puppet that isn't even a main puppet?), then woke up to find the madman and the puppet gone...only to STILL need to find a finger for the puppet's hand that the madman conveniently left behind because...well, BECAUSE, I was sort of fed up. (Fed up whilst walking around with a wooden fish that I had no idea why I picked up either.) The logic and flow for this game just seemed non-existent to me.

I didn't love the "helper" either or the picture taking gimmick.

So, my rating for this game is "blehhh" (C minus).

Edited on 11/20/2016 at 12:13:46 AM PST

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Nov 26, 16 8:04 PM
The ability to choose the gender of your character is most welcomed. I like the customizable avatars, but would prefer if I could customize out of the gate instead of having to win new features. I wasn't very happy about the match portions of the game. As some other HOGs I'd prefer an alternative to the match portions. This is typical Steampunk ERS offering. I notice as the different series progress the anachronisms get more absurd---but I don't care as long as they're fun.

NOT my favorite in the series by far, the winter theme was a refreshing change though, but I'm not sure the artwork was up the their usual high standards and I'm glad they jettisoned the magic Egyptian thingy from the last few chapters.

If you're a fan of the series you'd probably like this one as well. I'd rather they put out fewer new games in a particular series of longer duration and of higher quality than more frequent offerings.

After playing the bonus game, I think I smell a continuation sequel.

Edited on 11/28/2016 at 6:57:16 PM PST

Go to: