loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

level 21 is next to impossible

[Post New]by loriaudio on Nov 17, 16 11:10 AM
ive tried everything starting from right to left and vice -versa looked at the youtube video. STILL CANT GET IT i lost count of how many attempts ive made ( the video goes too fast)

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:level 21 is next to impossible

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Nov 18, 16 4:12 AM
I played this level umpteen times and was finally able to pass it. I think the key to this level is not to overuse your fuel for the generators. There are 3 generators. You should order fuel only once. I made the mistake of ordering fuel twice and then didn't have enough money for the end. Keep a close eye when burning the fuel for the generator. Use no more than 20 per generator and then turn it off right away or right before the green bar gets full.

julesy

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 18, 16 5:08 AM
The SG tells you to order fuel only once, so you will have enough for all the generators. They automatically turn off on this level when the swamps are cleared, so you don't need to check them.

This level is a bit tricky but if you follow the SG exactly, you can finish in plenty of time. I just played it through again in multi-click mode and got through it ok.

srags1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by srags1 on Nov 18, 16 8:25 AM
I have followed the video, tried other ways, only bought fuel once and I still do not have enough food at the end no matter what I do. I have played it many times.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Nov 18, 16 5:33 PM
angelfish106 wrote:The SG tells you to order fuel only once, so you will have enough for all the generators. They automatically turn off on this level when the swamps are cleared, so you don't need to check them.

This did not work for me. It burned more fuel if I didn't watch the generators, requiring me to order more fuel. Then I was strapped for cash in the end.

julesy

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Nov 18, 16 5:39 PM
You don't have to clear every single rock. Try working around some from two sides. That will save some food. You also have to be very careful of the directions you go. Follow Strategy Guide closely. I couldn't make it either until I eliminated smashing a rock.

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 5:40:09 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Nov 25, 16 6:46 PM
I PRINT SCREENED the page and copied into word the map and instructions and was able to complete it FINALLY!

[Post New]by diva217 on Dec 9, 16 10:12 PM
I am having a hell of a time getting through this level. Fuel ok. Got the police. Cop still trapped and then I run out of food. Think I'll try to watch the video and then print screen the strategy and hope I get through without giving up.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Dec 10, 16 8:35 AM
diva217 wrote: I am having a hell of a time getting through this level. Fuel ok. Got the police. Cop still trapped and then I run out of food. Think I'll try to watch the video and then print screen the strategy and hope I get through without giving up.

It can be done! This is one level where I followed the steps exactly in the strategy guide. You are provided the exact number of resources you need to complete the level and you cannot afford to waste any of the resources, otherwise you will have to replay the level. Good luck!

julesy

[Post New]by iowavette on Jan 30, 17 6:59 AM
After five or six times step by step with the SG and no success, I just asked Big Fish to remove the game from my catalog and refund my money. Retracing steps on the same level repeatedly is not my idea of fun.

Edited on 01/30/2017 at 7:02:24 AM PST

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 2, 17 7:02 PM
I finally figured it out. When you purchase the oil the first time, you get 3-tank of fuel. What is not clear is that you will only use one tank per generator. After playing the game several times, I got it. The trick is to follow the SG guide exactly and you will at least be able to get 2-stars. I decided not to go for 3-stars. Just glad to be able to finish the level .

Doccacat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Doccacat on Jun 27, 17 10:43 PM
Finally worked out why I was always short of resources at the end. Don't remove the large pile of rock between the dynamite and the huge pile that is blown up. Make the worker go from dynamite to rock at a right angle, not a straight line.

Go to: