lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Bangkok 7

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 17, 16 5:16 PM
Any advice on Bangkok 7 would be appreciated. It needs to be won three times and I can't get even once.

The Bangkok thread is locked, which is why I didn't post there.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Bangkok 7

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 17, 16 5:58 PM
Hello lordkalvan,

Thanks for your patience and for letting us know that the level help thread for Bangkok was locked due to inactivity. I apologize for that and have unlocked it so that players can discuss the levels in the city of Bangkok here: Bangkok - Level Help.

I can definitely understand wanting a few tips for this particular level as it is a bit different with the walls that block boosts from sweeping across the entire board for major points. I have played through these levels and can definitely provide what has worked for me.

The main thing I focused on in my first moves is to see if there are any match 5s available to create a lightning boost. While this isn't necessary, using your first couple of moves to make lightning boosts if they are available will make the level much easier when building score. The level has walls that may block boosts and don't allow players to move a gummy over them, but matches can still be made through the walls. To take full advantage of incidental boost creation (and thus score creation to meet the goal of the level), I made matches near the lower part of the board or ones that break chains (both when I could). This allowed the most gummies to move through the board around the walls and had the most chance to create incidental matches and more boosts.

Eventually, some boosts were adjacent to each other. I used remaining moves to develop score by swapping two boosts together at every opportunity. This is especially effective if it is any boost + a lightning boost. This makes all the gummies of the same color the same boost, which then immediately are scored for massive points.

That said, the board state doesn't always allow for high scoring incidental matches or doesn't seem to drop the right gummies to allow boosts to be made easily, especially past Intern level. Keep at it, as sometimes the level will nearly clear itself by following the above tips by having a lot of incidental matches occur or boosts be created when you make a move.

I hope this was able to help out. Any other players have extra tips for this level? Let us know, I know I'd like to see if there are other strategies too. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Bangkok 7

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 18, 16 5:59 AM
Thanks. After a lot of tries I finally got a board where I made a lightning early and was able to finish intern. By then I was out of patience and just bought lightning boosts for architect and master, to finish it out.

Go to: