taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Reward Offered!! Mi$$ing Gift Boxes

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Nov 17, 16 10:35 PM
Is anyone else having a big issue with this? I just did five rounds and only got two boxes. At this rate, I'll never get Mrs. Claus. Got 506 boxes last year so I thought this would be a home run, uh, no... Here's hoping they pick up the pace.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:Reward Offered!! Mi$$ing Gift Boxes

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 18, 16 8:49 AM
Hmmmmmm...... I recently got my 1000th box.....I started keeping stats on the frequency of falling, and I remember there was a span of time where I actually did about 200 HOSs without any pink boxes falling....then they came several in close succession.

While the frequency percentage remained constant ..... at roughly every 38 HOSs or 2.6% of the time.....I found the actual falling was somewhat erratic.....I would get one every 80 HOSs sometimes.....sometimes every 50 or so, and then there would be several within just a few HOSs of each other. Needless to say, it was most frustrating.

Earlier in the year, I had done some numbers and determined that it was not going to be possible to reach that magical 1000 mark....then the Castle Challenge and Fall event changed my frequency of HOS visitation and it appeared it would, indeed, be possible......so I was encouraged and did about 2 rounds (79 HOSs per round) a day, minimum......I have slowed down considerably now that the 1000th box has been secured.

Hope they start falling for you very soon!!!!

Edited on 11/18/2016 at 8:50:16 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Nov 18, 16 12:47 PM
I got to 998 boxes & the Tree of Life withered & died. Three days & not 1 gift box!

Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Silverjen on Nov 18, 16 3:42 PM
Taylormade,

I have had the same problem with my gift boxes. They are very inconsistent in how they drop. I did 8 rounds once (about 55 HOS each) and got only 3 boxes. Then shortly afterwards I did another 8 round and got about 15 boxes. They are completely random so there is no way to know where they will drop or how many.

Just keep playing...you will get some, then you will get none or little, then get some more etc. At the end of August I had to get 415 boxes to get Mrs. Claus. I figured out I would need 5 a day until the end of November to get them all. I have been playing like crazy and now have 38 more to go. I want to try to finish before the Christmas event starts because last year my drop rate went way down when it started. Nothing is easy in this game.

Good luck. Just keep playing.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Nov 18, 16 4:06 PM
Same here ,, done all the rounds and only got three boxes.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Nov 18, 16 6:24 PM
I have about 400 boxes. It will take me another year or two to complete this. Might have been closer if my game hadnt shut down earlier this year. I lost all things Christmas, including pets and achievements... Got randomly finished achievements though, including the tournament achievements so I have that going for me...

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Nov 18, 16 7:19 PM
They come in spurts for me as well. I know for awhile I was getting 2 boxes every round and then my game changed. I, like Solgud, had achievements randomly done and others I know I've completed that said I didn't. I lost all of my tournament avatars and the orange kitty but as I didn't use any of that, I live with it. I really didn't notice anything until I went looking for my orange kitty. Anyway, after that the gift boxes would fall once a round, then none and sometimes I would get 10 or so. Now this isn't in the same day because I can only play once a day but you get the idea. My game hasn't been the same since September or October. I wasn't paying attention when my achievements went haywire.

The gift boxes are the luck of the draw and now add in the energy things for amulets.. *sigh*. We will get them even less now.

Go to: