tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

Level 28

[Post New]by tejasgal on Nov 18, 16 7:28 AM
Any tips to clearing this level would be appreciated.
It's the one where the tiles are on an elevated platform with sand and if you remove tiles the sand goes away leaving spaces in between the platform. Have played this one over and over and get so close, but no Ah Ha yet.
I see that I need to group the tiles toward the lower middle but then what?

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:Level 28

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Nov 18, 16 2:47 PM
I just solved this one, after many, many tries. I don't want to give too much away or you won't have the satisfaction of the solve. You have 2 rows where the end tiles match each other - these rows need to be left intact to the end. Everything happens on these two rows. Move the two tiles on the bottom row up a row, then move them together and move the end over to them. Once both of those tiles are up on the long row, then the 3 tiles on the top right can be moved together to the right. (This was the step that gave me my "AHA" moment). From that point on, its just a matter of lining things up to eliminate tiles.

I can give you more specifics if this doesn't help.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Nov 18, 16 2:57 PM
Thank you, Sophies mom. Just came in to say; I DID IT!!!
LOL
Saw your post and although that is similar to what I did, not exact.

Will say one spoiler though. It helps to sometimes move the tiles quickly so the sand doesn't blow away from where you want that tile to go but you have to be right next to it.

[Post New]by bcrewqueen on Nov 24, 16 5:56 AM
I can move the two bottom tiles up a row, but how do you bring them together? There is not enough distance to grab them in transit, my mouse and wrist are not quick enough, is there a trick to it?

cjo29
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by cjo29 on Nov 24, 16 8:12 AM
I am down to the last 4 tiles and cant go any more is there any hints

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Nov 27, 16 5:11 PM
sophies_mom wrote:I just solved this one, after many, many tries. I don't want to give too much away or you won't have the satisfaction of the solve. You have 2 rows where the end tiles match each other - these rows need to be left intact to the end. Everything happens on these two rows. Move the two tiles on the bottom row up a row, then move them together and move the end over to them. Once both of those tiles are up on the long row, then the 3 tiles on the top right can be moved together to the right. (This was the step that gave me my "AHA" moment). From that point on, its just a matter of lining things up to eliminate tiles.

I can give you more specifics if this doesn't help.

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Nov 27, 16 5:16 PM
Sophiesmom could you be more specific on your instructions?
I am lost after moving the bottom two up. Sorry to be a dunce.

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Nov 27, 16 9:48 PM
SPOILER ALERT! These instructions will take you to within the last 5 or 6 moves of the puzzle.

There are 2 tiles that are elevated on the 2nd row, move both of these off - the sand between them will disappear.

Move the 2 tiles on the very bottom row up.

On this row you now have 2 tiles on the left and 2 on the right. Push the 2 on the left to the right. Push the 2nd tile from the left up and to the right.

On the very top row, move the 2 outer tiles (far right and far left) over to the other tiles on the top.

Move the tile that's on the 2nd row over to the right.

On the new bottom row, move the 2nd tile from the right to the left. Push it up and to the right.

Move the rightmost tile on the top down. DO NOT MOVE IT AGAINST ITS MATE YET.

Move the center tile on the top left down and to the right.

Move the leftmost tile on the top to the right.

Move the rightmost tile on the 3rd row to the left.

You should now see the solution.

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Nov 27, 16 11:31 PM
Thank you so much sophies_mom for your help. Once I read your answer, I saw the step I missed.

Go to: